"off" season

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
hi folks what do you all get up to in the off season of aussie rules. I play weekly pennant bowls go detecting up in the golden triangle eg maryborugh every now and again and I work through out the week and I tend to go on a nice little holiday early dec before the school kids go on theirs somewhere. This time its Bermagui area nsw south coast for say 1 and a half weeks last year was east coast tassie nice spot.

blckcaviar

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I watch horse racing over Spring Carnival, cricket, a bit of tennis during Aussie Open (I never really get into tennis but I'll watch a big match). Physically I spend more time outdoors fixing up the house etc. But yeah, this time of year before Big Bash cricket kicks in always feels like somethings missing in my life

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Come jan ill go to a couple of cricket games at the mcg and couple of big bash I go to the renergades at marvel and I go to the aussie open say in the first 3 days as a ground pass then its feb comes around I might be starting a course which starts mid feb.The bowls season goes till march too.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
hi folks what do you all get up to in the off season of aussie rules. I play weekly pennant bowls go detecting up in the golden triangle eg maryborugh every now and again and I work through out the week and I tend to go on a nice little holiday early dec before the school kids go on theirs somewhere. This time its Bermagui area nsw south coast for say 1 and a half weeks last year was east coast tassie nice spot.
Bermagui is ******* beautiful, such a brilliant part of the world. Would love to retire there one day!

To answer your question I love off season! I go to music festivals, spend as much time as possible in the workshop (I build guitar pedals and stuff like that), hang out with the old man and catch up on the movies and TV shows I missed during the season.

Defo try to spend as much time at festivals and bars as well!

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Normally I follow the footy offseason during trade period and leading up to the draft. Then I take a break from things for the most part besides reading some training reports.

Around late Jan I start to miss footy and that's when I might dust off my dvd's of Essendon's 2000 season although I haven't done that for a few years.
I also start working on my supercoach team around this time.

By Feb I'll be so desperate for footy that I'll watch a week of AFLW and actually think "hey this isn't too bad". But then the next week NAB Cup (or whatever its called) will start and then i'll forget all about AFLW all over again.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
CA8A6B71-AAFD-4089-9AEC-85F9261CE51E.jpeg
49CEF9AD-C82E-44D7-95B2-5F1BA18EC8F6.jpeg

Back