NRL "Off the ball"

Remove this Banner Ad

Great contest in the semi-final of the World Snooker Championships between Aussie (and World #1) Neil Robertson and Mark Selby.

Are you guys seeing it?

Just want to send out my sincere condolences to the family and friends of, Phil Hughes. Absolutely tragic turn of events. Also, special thoughts to Sean Abbott who will be going through complete s**t too.

RIP, Phil.

Just want to send out my sincere condolences to the family and friends of, Phil Hughes. Absolutely tragic turn of events. Also, special thoughts to Sean Abbott who will be going through complete s**t too.

RIP, Phil.
:( just horrible. Agree with both here, feel so bad for Sean and for Phils family and friends.

Puts alot of the other things that happen in sport in perspective

Yes, an awful tragedy.

In lighter news, Wigan U-19 Academy side (Superleague Academy GF winners last season) take on Australia Schoolboys tomorrow at 12 noon, UK time.

The match will be screened live on the Wigan TV website, so I will be watching it with great interest.

Apparently the Aussies won their last game 82-6! :eek: And they are a giant side, the no. 12 is just enormous! A couple of the Wigan players coming on as subs are just 16, and look tiny in comparison.

However, they are up against the Wigan lads today, and the score at half-time is Wigan 18 Australia 6, Wigan scoring three very good tries after the Aussies had started brightly with an early score.

After two red cards and a yellow, plus a lot of Wigan injuries (although it wasn't really a dirty game by any means), final score Wigan 18 Australia 36. Very impressed by Aussie full-back Mitchell and five-eighth Lamb. And that no. 12, Fuiamaono.

Well this has been a real horrible week. To have two such horrendous things happen in the space of a week is, devastating.

I couldn't believe what happened up in Cairns when I heard the news today. I just don't know what inspires people to hurt children. An absolutely tragic end to a tough week for this country.

Watching a cracking semi-final contest between Neil Robertson and Ronnie O'Sullivan, certainly the best two snooker players on the planet, in the Masters. I know the sport is not big in Australia, but it still commands enormous public interest in England.

Ronnie O'Sullivan has scored 777 centuries in competition! Not counting the countless ones in practice. 777! :eek:

Purchased this today
4196933d975705389badbb25b8cc91c2.jpg

epic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norths manly 1991 semi final
Norths brisbane 94 semi
North manly 97 when they thumped them
Norths eels the 97 finals (was at this game)
North cowboys 1999 (last ever game)

Anyone else notices the two guys at the 9's on the weekend dressed in the arab looking get up holding up the "9's is da bomb" sign. Anyone else think that was in bad taste?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back