Social Off Topic Thread - Shells' Shack

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mum told us they once had this guy come in talk he said something about in this room % wise there will be 3 people that don't like you. Point obviously about getting along with people at work even if you aren't overly fond of each other.
You only need to be polite to people who don't like you, or who you don't like.

Very important at work to keep personal feelings silent.

If I feel a vibe that someone doesn't like me, I try to be friendly + include them in the conversation. Also ask them questions, they usually defrost lol

You only need to be polite to people who don't like you, or who you don't like.

Very important at work to keep personal feelings silent.

If I feel a vibe that someone doesn't like me, I try to be friendly + include them in the conversation. Also ask them questions, they usually defrost lol
I had one job for 3 years that was awesome, pretty much everyone with a wide variety of ages was friends, or at least ok with each other. And another just for a few months with young guys where me and my apprentice were like outsiders, the most popular bloke there I swear had it in for us for the heinous crime of not feeling like going out with them on a Friday night. I never went out on a Friday ever, Sat would have even though I was older and a bit over blowing $100+ on booze at bars.

I had one job for 3 years that was awesome, pretty much everyone with a wide variety of ages was friends, or at least ok with each other. And another just for a few months with young guys where me and my apprentice were like outsiders, the most popular bloke there I swear had it in for us for the heinous crime of not feeling like going out with them on a Friday night. I never went out on a Friday ever, Sat would have even though I was older and a bit over blowing $100+ on booze at bars.
I also had a job where everyone was very good friends. Then they recruited a new Receptionist + wow, did she change the dynamics of the group! She was such a narcissist, trying to break up friendships, spreading lies about others to cause fights + would not give us telephone messages from clients - so clients would complain about us. Such a monstrous snake! Everyone left because of her. I left because of a serious accident, which prevented me from working. But people left mostly because the GM + MD would not pull her up! Eventually she was booted! But too late for them! I was asked to return to work, but she was still there, so couldn't be bothered dealing with her, plus I was still recovering.

Could any of you's spend 3 day straight on a train eg the Ghan.

Unsure if I could handle 3 straight days tho.
No way! The scenery is so monotonous! My Mum went on the Ghan, which broke down + then they were transported by bus! Mum hit the roof, hired a chauffeur to take her to the nearest airport + flew home lol

I'm thinking of taking the train from here, Uralla, to Sydney - about eight hours, beautiful scenery + a chance to read, rest + relax. Wish they had sleepers though lol

I also had a job where everyone was very good friends. Then they recruited a new Receptionist + wow, did she change the dynamics of the group! She was such a narcissist, trying to break up friendships, spreading lies about others to cause fights + would not give us telephone messages from clients - so clients would complain about us. Such a monstrous snake! Everyone left because of her. I left because of a serious accident, which prevented me from working. But people left mostly because the GM + MD would not pull her up! Eventually she was booted! But too late for them! I was asked to return to work, but she was still there, so couldn't be bothered dealing with her, plus I was still recovering.
It's quite funny doing the swimming teaching, every other job I've had it's really rare to have a female there. Now it's where so far I'm the only bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's quite funny doing the swimming teaching, every other job I've had it's really rare to have a female there. Now it's where so far I'm the only bloke.
Hope the women are wearing skimpy bikinis, Kram lol

Worked in Law in early 80s, very few female solicitors + OMG was it horrendous being a woman then! We had to work 10 times harder than the guys, for much less salary!

I worked in construction for years, was one of either two or three females on site of 1,000+ men. Loved it! All they guys were so polite + respectful.

Then worked in Fine Art + Decorative Art, where it was 50/50.

Also worked in Finance, where our department was 100% female, great job, wonderful female bosses. We also had the largest $$$ turnover of the all the Lend Lease + MLC Finance divisions lol

In Sydney they had double decker trains with moveable seats.

45ea17214ac0869eaaced90e494a836531493303_hq.gif

When was that rocker? Not that I'd have seen them, despise public transport in Sydney!

Hope the women are wearing skimpy bikinis, Kram lol

Worked in Law in early 80s, very few female solicitors + OMG was it horrendous being a woman then! We had to work 10 times harder than the guys, for much less salary!

I worked in construction for years, was one of either two or three females on site of 1,000+ men. Loved it! All they guys were so polite + respectful.

Then worked in Fine Art + Decorative Art, where it was 50/50.

Also worked in Finance, where our department was 100% female, great job, wonderful female bosses. We also had the largest $$$ turnover of the all the Lend Lease + MLC Finance divisions lol
I honestly didn't like any of 5 or so female electricians I worked with, all kinda weird and had like a big chip on their shoulder or something.

One at trade school I though was ok apart from never stop bloody talking all the time. Kinda felt sorry for her when she had been something ridiculous like 20 jobs through the group scheme, means she was probably pretty useless.

What sector are they in? Was emailing my brother last night and he said the market after being hot is due pull back soon.
Just sold some CSL shares + considering selling some Wesfarmers, Westpac + NAB. Sold Lend Lease Shares, IAG, GPT units, Leightons - had made a good profit. CSL bought for $15 now $143, time to cash in I think, don't want to be greedy. Same with Westpac + NAB, bought low.

What sector are they in? Was emailing my brother last night and he said the market after being hot is due pull back soon.
I'm thinking that too, just afraid to lose terrific profit. I can wait + when/if market goes down, will buy again.

Just sold some CSL shares + considering selling some Wesfarmers, Westpac + NAB. Sold Lend Lease Shares, IAG, GPT units, Leightons - had made a good profit. CSL bought for $15 now $143, time to cash in I think, don't want to be greedy. Same with Westpac + NAB, bought low.
I'm gonna buy nab, it's boring but need a bank in there and they are down currently. Westfarmers is a great company but overvalued atm imo.

Looking to buy QUB, just not sure what to pay yet. Might just the bid higher tomorrow, got 1 hour sleep last night so want a clearer mind potentially spending a big chunk of money..

I'm gonna buy nab, it's boring but need a bank in there and they are down currently. Westfarmers is a great company but overvalued atm imo.

Looking to buy QUB, just not sure what to pay yet. Might just the bid higher tomorrow, got 1 hour sleep last night so want a clearer mind potentially spending a big chunk of money..
Fortunately I sold NAB at their peak *phew* IIRC they're not on the recommended list atm. Westpac is great, terrific dividends! Probably my fave with CSL. IF the market adjusts, I'll begin buying Westpac + CSL again.

They were very old trains I think it was on the way to the blue mountains.
I misread trains for buses lol

Trains have had moveable seats since the 60s lol Even the really old red carriages had them, but you needed the strength of Hercules to move them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back