Discussion [OFF-TOPIC] What are you listening to right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
I tend to think that whole album is worse than his last two, and that it's definitely overrated, but I think Humble's a good song - though not the best on the album, I'd give that to DNA.
I'd argue anything in that top 10 was better. Was holding out for Methyl Ethel and Gang of Youths so I'm biased and I don't listen to Kendrick, but to me that song was not worthy of top status. Just continuous yelling with a generic beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watching the Olympics closing ceremony? I think music has just reached its zenith, traditional Korean instrumentation combined with metal. There is no higher ground for it to reach, this is it, it's all down hill from here.

Not what I'm listening to right now, and perhaps this belongs in RCT, but having gone and seen Fall Out Boy finally the other day, I sat down and actually listed the bands that I've done gone and seen.

· Foo Fighters (x4)
· Paramore (x3)
· Twenty One Pilots (x3)
· Alter Bridge (x2)
· Tonight Alive (x2)
· Steel Panther (x2)
· Ali Barter (x2)
· Fozzy (x2)
· Fall Out Boy
· Metallica
· Tenacious D
· Rise Against
· Coldplay
· Thirty Seconds To Mars
· The Script
· Green Day
· Living Colour
· The Living End
· Panic! At The Disco
· Blink 182
· Linkin Park
· The Pretty Reckless
· Cherri Bomb
· You Me At Six
· Ball Park Music
· Weezer
· Slipknot
· Stone Sour
· Versaemerge
· Slash ft. Myles Kennedy
· Biffy Clyro
· E^ST
· Hands Like Houses

Admittedly a lot of these bands were seen at Soundwaves - this list though is just the ones I actually went out of my way to see. All-time favourite gig is probably Foo Fighters in 2015, camped out the front with like 10 of my mates and we were all centre front, and Dave actually talked to me which was pretty iconic. Made it onto stage at Thirty Seconds to Mars (along with like 30 other people, which was cool and good). Coldplay probably put on one of the best shows I've ever seen surprisingly, very immersive with a stadium wide lighting show with people wearing light up wristbands that are controlled by some sort of wireless processor. Honourable mention to Fozzy at Soundwave though, where I got to hug Chris Jericho.

Will be adding Imagine Dragons, The Killers, Royal Blood and Polish Club to the list in the next few months as well.

What bands have you guys seen/what have been your favourite gigs?

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
As in the headline act?

KISS (without Ace..) x4
Guns N Roses x 3 (without Slash)
Slash ft. Myles Kennedy
Bryan Adams
Deep Purple
Green Day
Muse
AC/DC
Motley Crue
Killers/Living End(?) at AFL Grand Final

Support acts (from what I remember)
Grinspoon
Jet
Nothing But Thieves
Skid Row

Stood outside stadiums for:
Rolling Stones
Foo Fighters

Took me almost 5 years to see Muse in December, my favourite band, so that was probably my favourite. Almost cried, but held it together.

That's all I can think of right now.. I'm sure I've forgotten some. And I will also add Royal Blood to that list in May!
Possibly also Nothing But Thieves if I have enough money, haha.

As in the headline act?

KISS (without Ace..) x4
Guns N Roses x 3 (without Slash)
Slash ft. Myles Kennedy
Bryan Adams
Deep Purple
Green Day
Muse
AC/DC
Motley Crue
Killers/Living End(?) at AFL Grand Final

Support acts (from what I remember)
Grinspoon
Jet
Nothing But Thieves
Skid Row

Stood outside stadiums for:
Rolling Stones
Foo Fighters

Took me almost 5 years to see Muse in December, my favourite band, so that was probably my favourite. Almost cried, but held it together.

That's all I can think of right now.. I'm sure I've forgotten some. And I will also add Royal Blood to that list in May!
Possibly also Nothing But Thieves if I have enough money, haha.

I’ll be seeing Nothing But Thieves with MKMatty - hype!

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
Not what I'm listening to right now, and perhaps this belongs in RCT, but having gone and seen Fall Out Boy finally the other day, I sat down and actually listed the bands that I've done gone and seen.

· Foo Fighters (x4)
· Paramore (x3)
· Twenty One Pilots (x3)
· Alter Bridge (x2)
· Tonight Alive (x2)
· Steel Panther (x2)
· Ali Barter (x2)
· Fozzy (x2)
· Fall Out Boy
· Metallica
· Tenacious D
· Rise Against
· Coldplay
· Thirty Seconds To Mars
· The Script
· Green Day
· Living Colour
· The Living End
· Panic! At The Disco
· Blink 182
· Linkin Park
· The Pretty Reckless
· Cherri Bomb
· You Me At Six
· Ball Park Music
· Weezer
· Slipknot
· Stone Sour
· Versaemerge
· Slash ft. Myles Kennedy
· Biffy Clyro
· E^ST
· Hands Like Houses

Admittedly a lot of these bands were seen at Soundwaves - this list though is just the ones I actually went out of my way to see. All-time favourite gig is probably Foo Fighters in 2015, camped out the front with like 10 of my mates and we were all centre front, and Dave actually talked to me which was pretty iconic. Made it onto stage at Thirty Seconds to Mars (along with like 30 other people, which was cool and good). Coldplay probably put on one of the best shows I've ever seen surprisingly, very immersive with a stadium wide lighting show with people wearing light up wristbands that are controlled by some sort of wireless processor. Honourable mention to Fozzy at Soundwave though, where I got to hug Chris Jericho.

Will be adding Imagine Dragons, The Killers, Royal Blood and Polish Club to the list in the next few months as well.

What bands have you guys seen/what have been your favourite gigs?
Are you going to the Royal Blood show in Perth? Was so excited when they announced Polish Club would be supporting, especially considering both bands are dynamic duos.

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Living End x3
Sum 41
Metallica
Linkin Park
blink 182
The Offspring
Spiderbait
Bon Jovi without Ritchie Sambora :(
Guns n Roses
28 Days
Area 7
The Lizards
Cosmo Thundercats
The Byzantines

Maybe Rise Against and Limp Bizkit in the future.

Freight Train were Rise Against any good? I really like their music and they are playing live here in Adelaide tomorrow night.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Are you going to the Royal Blood show in Perth? Was so excited when they announced Polish Club would be supporting, especially considering both bands are dynamic duos.

Yeah man - unfortunately missed Polish Club last time they were in town. Pretty pumped for that one.

The Living End x3
Sum 41
Metallica
Linkin Park
blink 182
The Offspring
Spiderbait
Bon Jovi without Ritchie Sambora :(
Guns n Roses
28 Days
Area 7
The Lizards
Cosmo Thundercats
The Byzantines

Maybe Rise Against and Limp Bizkit in the future.

Freight Train were Rise Against any good? I really like their music and they are playing live here in Adelaide tomorrow night.

Rise Against are solid live. Would recommend/10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back