Discussion [OFF-TOPIC] What are you listening to right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Revisiting many of the Beatles albums after a long time of not listening. Loving it as much as I did the first time I listened to it :)

Sgt._Pepper's_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band.jpg

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Revisiting many of the Beatles albums after a long time of not listening. Loving it as much as I did the first time I listened to it :)

View attachment 532713

Popular opinion says Sgt Peppers is their best album, but Abbey Road is an absolute masterpiece, and probably my favourite. I’ve also recently (last 12ish months) truly appreciated how good Let It Be is as well.

Popular opinion says Sgt Peppers is their best album, but Abbey Road is an absolute masterpiece, and probably my favourite. I’ve also recently (last 12ish months) truly appreciated how good Let It Be is as well.
Abbey Road/Let It Be easily my favourites out of them all. I've always preferred The Beatles' later songs as their a bit more mature and meaningful if that make sense? Can never get passed Get Back :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very much liked her music up to Red, then slightly turned off for 1989, and completely don't like the full switch to the pop sounds of Reputation.

I didn't like Rep at first, but it grew on me after I worked past LWYMMD, which didn't give the album the best look as the lead single. There's some real nice songs that sound like and would fit into 1989 and Red, New Year's Day especially. Call It What You Want is also a little more Red-and-'89-sounding.

I think Red was her best album, it hit that perfect apex between country and pop. My two all time favourite songs from TS are on Red (The Lucky One and Red) with Getaway Car from Rep not far behind.

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
Been listening to these two non-stop for the past week

Have really gotten into Pink Floyd recently. Dark Side of the Moon is an absolute masterpiece of an album, as is The Wall and Wish You Were Here. Roger Waters is a true wizard, you've gotta love the bassline at the start of Money.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Have really gotten into Pink Floyd recently. Dark Side of the Moon is an absolute masterpiece of an album, as is The Wall and Wish You Were Here. Roger Waters is a true wizard, you've gotta love the bassline at the start of Money.
It's always been the kind of music I like but never knew existed. It's a far cry from many songs nowadays where basically it's some generic melody put through a computer and thrown on Spotify. As wide as the ocean but as deep as a kiddy pool is a good way to describe it. The Pink Floyd album The Wall perfectly demonstrates what music should be, a form of art. All of the songs in there paint a meaning far beyond their literal context, if you sorta get what I mean.

Also, I was looking at the song list for DSoTM the other day and saw that 'Money' was in the middle of all the tracks. Not sure if that was on purpose or pure coincidence but is it meant to show that 'money is at the centre of everything?' :think:

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
It's always been the kind of music I like but never knew existed. It's a far cry from many songs nowadays where basically it's some generic melody put through a computer and thrown on Spotify. As wide as the ocean but as deep as a kiddy pool is a good way to describe it. The Pink Floyd album The Wall perfectly demonstrates what music should be, a form of art. All of the songs in there paint a meaning far beyond their literal context, if you sorta get what I mean.

Also, I was looking at the song list for DSoTM the other day and saw that 'Money' was in the middle of all the tracks. Not sure if that was on purpose or pure coincidence but is it meant to show that 'money is at the centre of everything?' :think:
DSotM is a piece of art, to enjoy it you should listen to the entire album in full. It's basically the template for how a great album should sound. Get yourself a good pair of headphones/ speakers/ record player and just sit back and enjoy the psychedelic brilliance. Waters in particular is an incredible artist in my eyes, he's been a real inspiration to me, as he likely has been to many others.

Also have you heard of the Dark Side of the Rainbow theory? The band have dismissed it but the songs of the album really seem to fit in well with the narrative of The Wizard of Oz. It's worth checking out because it's pretty weird how they link up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back