Discussion [OFF-TOPIC] What are you listening to right now?

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Also have you heard of the Dark Side of the Rainbow theory? The band have dismissed it but the songs of the album really seem to fit in well with the narrative of The Wizard of Oz. It's worth checking out because it's pretty weird how they link up.
Yeah i have. Watched a bit of it and it is very interesting but yeah purely coincidence.

Watch this video it's from a podcast which talked about the same topic, but some of the scenes link up with the songs perfectly.

sjohnson

Rory Lobbster
Mar 9, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's always been the kind of music I like but never knew existed. It's a far cry from many songs nowadays where basically it's some generic melody put through a computer and thrown on Spotify. As wide as the ocean but as deep as a kiddy pool is a good way to describe it. The Pink Floyd album The Wall perfectly demonstrates what music should be, a form of art. All of the songs in there paint a meaning far beyond their literal context, if you sorta get what I mean.

Also, I was looking at the song list for DSoTM the other day and saw that 'Money' was in the middle of all the tracks. Not sure if that was on purpose or pure coincidence but is it meant to show that 'money is at the centre of everything?' :think:
I've gotten into Pink Floyd thanks to Dad's record collection, listening to Dark Side of The Moon on vinyl is an experience and a half - of course its not much different to listening to it on Spotify, but all music seems better when its on vinyl haha

Back