offical delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

To quote www.afl.com.au -

"THE Kangaroos yesterday told John Spaull and Clayton Lasscock their careers at Ardent St had finished.

They follow the retirements of Ricky Olarenshaw and Christian Woodley, while it is understood David Calthorpe is hoping to continue at a fourth AFL club."

Bad luck to Spaull and Lasscock but hahahahahahhahah!!!! to the last bit!!!!!

A little disappointed for the Pope, just not quite tall enough unfortunately to play a key position.

Certainly lacked nothing in endeavour, but the right choice in my opinion

That same article said that clubs can have a list of 38 PLUS 2 veterans,making a total of 40. With Carey and Stevo to go onto the veterans list does this mean we won't need to delist as many players as we originally thought? I mean from last years list of 37 we have 5 either retired or delisted and 2 new veterans,so does this mean our list from last year is now down to 30? Decisions will still need to be made on the promoted rookies and I'm unsure of Micky's status as a veteran last year,was he included in the 37 or were veterans simply not included on the list? All in all we may not need to cut as deeply to still have a good selection of picks. I'm very keen on keeping Ainley as I believe it is the right thing to do and Winnie's also a bit of a dilemma for me.

Originally posted by Rooboy 96
I take it this is the first announcement of delistings... and there will be more delistings to come...

Yes this is true the article also said the deadline was by October 31.

Is anyone actually interested in any other delisted players.

Paddy Steinfort-ruckmen,no
Aaron James-um no
Ben Haynes-perhaps
Lionel Proctor-perhaps
Michael Barker-havent heard of him, hence no
Paul Dooley-no
Brad Fuller-no
Matthew Young-no
Tim Elliott-hahaha no
Tony Delaney-no
Ben Walton-perhaps

I wouldnt bypass Paddy Steinford.
Top Junior from Glen Waverley and went to Mazenod.
Picked at 16 in the 1996 draft as a 17 year old.
Stands 198cm and weighs around 100kg.
He has had a terrible run with injuries but seems OK now.
The Tigers have had to delist one of their big men and his lack of match time has gone against him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks M5. I'm kinda pleased about that as I like to see a club stick by their injured players which is why I'd like to see Ainley retained. Sorry but there's no chance of Clayton being delisted but Cochrane would be my next guess,unless it's Hilton as he doesn't qualify as a rookie next year, but I was assuming delisted players would be those on the main list.

Nah it won't be Clayton or Cochrane, they won't delist blokes who haev played the majority of the season in the one's

who does that leave??

I don't think they would delist Lange.. but you never know

the first time i looked at the article and seeing the word Clayton made me look twice because the first time i looked at it i honestly thought it was Shane.I was then depressed for the rest of the day seeing it was Lasscok :(

It won't be Lange because he's still under contract,as is Clayton by the way. Maybe they're talking about Micky. We know he's going to be delisted and most likely re-drafted late so that's a neutral delisting or whatever but I get the impression that the next one will be delisted completely. I think Cochrane and Ainley are the only two possibilities.

We might even be in for at least 1 big shock.

You never know it could be

-Pratt
-S.Motlop
-Hilton
-Harding

Not likely but they have happened in the past

On good authority:
Apart from the public knowledge items (Lasscock, Calthorpe, Spaull, Woodley)
Ainley, Abraham will stay on list
Martyn will be redrafted
Hilton delisted
Teague, Harding on list
Morrell rookie (but Abraham long term injury so spot available)

Adds up.
32 on the main list plus 2 veterans.
6 draft picks to be utilised.
Morrell contiues on the rookie list to substitute for the injured Abraham.

Given that Micky looked gone and no-one else has looked like it at FB, whether it be true or not, me thinks delisting Hilton is stupid.

Firstly, he showed great promise at a position we need filling (if not short term, then definitely long term).
Secondly, he worked hard to get promoted and won the B&F in the Muzzas. Not a good message to send to any future recruits.

I hope that he stays.

PS Doubly so when Clayton takes up a position.

Originally posted by Dingster
Firstly, he showed great promise at a position we need filling.
Secondly, he worked hard to get promoted and won the B&F in the Muzzas.

That is probably a big cross against his name... the fact that he put in such a big effort and then only got promoted late inthe season for one game... sounds a little like the movie RUBY or RUDY???...

We could all sign a petition that Clayton be delisted.

hotham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back