2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we snag Blakey next year and follow up the next year with this guy, OMG, Eddie and his mates will go into meltdown...

Love it....

hehehehe. The longed for demolition of Eddiehead Stadium will be brought forward.

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
If we snag Blakey next year and follow up the next year with this guy, OMG, Eddie and his mates will go into meltdown...

Love it....

It is one of the true joys in my life. Seeing Eddie spit his dummy at our success abd generally making an idiot of himself

Wonder if they could make a TV show of it. eddie bloopers... 'Here is Eddies reaction about Heeney' 'about Mills' and 'here is one with him being a racist pig about Goodes' and ' here is the time he defended his comment about boning Rowe'......'defending collingwood about racist culture'

It would be a 10 x I hr episodes show........so much material. I might make a presentation to him about the proposal - will say it's to laud him than to mock him, but the audience will get it

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Ralphyboy can you add anything about the young fella to that article above?
I'll give it a go in Ralph's absence:

Plays CHB/FB, sometimes CHF and very occasionally Ruck. My opinion is he's much better in the back half. Very good reader of the play, good mark, long kick (although not the best accuracy wise).

Man on man, it's a little variable. When he's on song he's very good indeed. I watched him play for Swans U16s against GWS and he dominated against their FF who is also in the AIS Academy. Also if he had been left on the Queensland FF when he played for the Rams I think they would have won. However, I think he's tested a little against fast boys on the lead. Overall a good prospect with a good attitude from what I can tell.

I'm not sure what the selection criteria is for the AIS Academy though. Is it simply the best 22 boys regardless of the positions they happen to play, or are selectors loosely picking the best 22 taking into account positions to form a team? If the former then I'd think there would be one or two other Swans boys who would consider themselves very unlucky not to get in the squad - of course we can't have more than one Swans boy being picked at the expense of the Vic or SA boys can we!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I should add that I didn't see the two Rams games played in Queensland as my son didn't get into the team so can't comment on how he went in those games. However, I'll see if I can talk to a mate of mine whose son did play for the Rams and he might be able to provide some info about those games.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Not a lot of information but we have this

Nick Blakey
Midfielder/forward
194cm/75kg
Swans academy/NSW-ACT
27/2/2000

Three clubs will fight for Blakey's services next year, with the midfielder able to join North Melbourne and the Brisbane Lions as a father-son prospect (his father John played with the Roos and Fitzroy) and also the Swans as an academy pick. Sydney appears the early favourite, but Blakey will be hoping for more luck with injury next year after a back concern ended his 2017 campaign early. At his height, Blakey is considered a utility who can be used anywhere.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-25/the-next-batch-looking-ahead-to-the-2018-draft

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Round 1
SYDNEY ACADEMY 5.4 6.9 8.11 12.14 (86)
GWS ACADEMY 1.1 6.3 9.10 12.10 (82)

GOALS
SYDNEY ACADEMY: Blakey 3, Osborne, Bell, Skrivanic, Tegg, Stern, Rogers, Hardman, Maze, Eynaud
GWS ACADEMY: Owen-Auburn 4, Lane 4, Shipley 2, Spargo, Edwards

BEST
SYDNEY ACADEMY: Blakey, Osborne, Stern, Robertson, Rogers, Maze
GWS ACADEMY: Shipley, Spargo, Fitzgerald, Owen-Auburn, Conlan

Round 2
NORTHERN TERRITORY 3.1 5.8 6.8 9.9 (63)
SYDNEY ACADEMY 2.3 2.5 12.8 18.12 (120)

GOALS
Northern Territory: Schwarze 5, Derksen, Bricknell, Bailey, Prowse
Sydney Academy: Hardman 5, Skrivanic 3, Blakey 3, Maze 2, Rankin, Carr, Kilpatrick, Stern, Loone

BEST
Northern Territory: Bailey, Scrutton, Baird, Schwarze, Bricknell, Althouse-Cooper
Sydney Academy: Rogers, Stern, Bell, Maze, Robertson, Hardman

Round 3
SYDNEY ACADEMY 4.3 8.5 10.9 15.11 (101)
GOLD COAST ACADEMY 3.2 3.3 4.5 5.5 (35)

GOALS
Sydney Academy: Blakey 4, Skrivanic 3, Carroll 2, Brown 2, Wicks, Rankin, Carr, Stewart
Gold Coast Academy: Arnold, Foster, Watson, Scott, Beaman

BEST
Sydney Academy: Carroll, Skrivanic, Wicks, Stewart, Osborne, Rogers
Gold Coast Academy: Nutting, Heron, Foster, Smith, Arnold, Davidson

Round 4
SYDNEY ACADEMY 4.4 5.5 9.5 13.11 (89)
BRISBANE LIONS ACADEMY 2.0 4.6 7.7 8.10 (58)

GOALS
Sydney Academy: Skrivanic 3, Hardman 2, Stern 2, Reinhard 2, Brown, Wicks, Tegg, Kinasch
Brisbane Lions Academy: Aston, Ballenden, Lambert, Clayton, Tomkinson, Johnson, Sloan, O'Sullivan

BEST
Sydney Academy: Skrivanic, Osborne, Brown, Rogers, Wicks, Robertson
Brisbane Lions Academy: Franks, Aston, Tomkinson, Marsh

Round 5
SYDNEY ACADEMY 2.2 4.7 6.9 8.12 (60)
TASMANIA 5.3 6.4 7.6 8.10 (58)

GOALS
Sydney Academy: Hardman 4, Carr, Stern, Skrivanic, Maze
Tasmania: Jones 3, Dixon 2, Norton, Gunther, Pearce

BEST
Sydney Academy: Loone, Osborne, Rogers, Stern, Hardman, Skrivanic
Tasmania: Jones, Donnelly, Auckland, Tyrrell, M McGuinness, Hutchinson