Office AND One Drive with VPN

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Eagles NFL, 76ers, Blue Jays
Been having issues saving, logging in.

Yesterday I couldn't open a spreadsheet because of a log in issue. Closed the VPN and it worked.

Today I couldn't upload the spreadsheet to the cloud because of VPN. Closed and it worked.

This is complete b.s for this to be happening. VPNs are important. I haven't tried with a VPN from Australia, because I usually use VPNs from international sources because of the restrictions.

Yesterday I couldn't open a spreadsheet because of a log in issue. Closed the VPN and it worked.

Today I couldn't upload the spreadsheet to the cloud because of VPN. Closed and it worked.

This is complete b.s for this to be happening. VPNs are important. I haven't tried with a VPN from Australia, because I usually use VPNs from international sources because of the restrictions.
I think it's part of microsofts security protocol, to ensure your ip and mac address are only allowed to access onedrive and other MS services, and you get warnings to allow or deny a new device or new browser logging into your onedrive and MS services.

Im fine with it. MS far more secure imo than Google services. Have been hacked or had my info compromised in Google but never with MS.

I think it's part of microsofts security protocol, to ensure your ip and mac address are only allowed to access onedrive and other MS services, and you get warnings to allow or deny a new device or new browser logging into your onedrive and MS services.

Im fine with it. MS far more secure imo than Google services. Have been hacked or had my info compromised in Google but never with MS.
So how on earth does one work from home securely?

You don't get the MS warning that someone is accessing your account, approve or deny? I get that, i approve it, and then it works.
Not that I'm aware. I ve been into the settings section where i try to click on a box and it fails. Not sure. If I'm in a hotel or something there's no way I'm not using a VPN

Not that I'm aware. I ve been into the settings section where i try to click on a box and it fails. Not sure. If I'm in a hotel or something there's no way I'm not using a VPN
You usually get an email associated with your MS account that prompts you. Or, if you have a smart phone, download miscrosoft authenticator app, which allows you to use your account and services on the phone, but you also get prompted on your phone to approve/deny, sends you an sms security code to to authenticate.

I use VPNs all the time and i guess it's learned that those IP/mac addies have been approved so doesnt prompt me anymore.

Sounds like a configuration issue on your end and not a Microsoft issue, did you Google the problem before ranting? Try the fix at the bottom of the page (or look for the equivalent setting if you're not with NordVPN)

This only happens when MFA is enabled, most work/school accounts would hopefully be enforcing this by now, if it's a personal account it may still be opt in. There shouldn't be any geoblocks on it either, we have people going overseas all the time and signing into O365 just fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back