Mega Thread Official 2012 Draft discussion thread: All drafts complete.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that disappointed with our drafts, Stark looks like a good depth player.

I would have like to get another back up ruckman, but still think with Gawn, Spencer and Fitzy on the list, plus Sellar, Mitch and Pederson to help, we have a lot of stock here.

Still feel our list is missing a small crumbing forward, but with Byrnes, Blease, Rodan and perhaps even Jetta we may be able to fill the gap next year.

Glad the drafts are all over, now onward to round 1!!

Way to break Hannath's heart. Freo are assholes. :(
Agreed. No grown man should be forced to wear purple.
2u8c5ly.jpg

Looks bewildered after learning he has to go to Freo, can't blame him.

You've done well with Clisby, good pick up. If you want to see what he can do, watch the SANFL 1st semi, North Adelaide v Central Districts (he's #33 for North). He tore seasoned finals campaigners Centrals to shreds that day.

More info: He's 22, a half-back flanker from North Adelaide (Mark Jamar's old club), a nephew of 80s North player and inaugural Crow Trevor Clisby and a very, very good user of the ball off of half-back.
Excellent, another one for roostersgal4eva to follow! :thumbsu:

Looks bewildered after learning he has to go to Freo, can't blame him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-11/just-trying-to-get-my-thoughts-together

Neeld told Hannath he was going to a good club with good people and to make the most of his chance. He then wished him well.

While applause rang out Hannath's mind went into overdrive. He wandered away from the group head in hands, as Melbourne staff and players both consoled him and wished him well.

He spent five minutes hunched on the boundary line wondering about the new direction his life had suddenly taken. David Rodan spotted him, ran over and patted him on the back. Several players followed. He'd clearly impressed.

Must say I have a lot of respect for Neeld after his comments, class :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Clisby offers something that we really lack, that is a running half back with good disposal.

For all you older degenerates, Stark's nickname has to be "Koo".

Pffft Koo. He will be only known as Tony or Ironman. :)

Clisby offers nothing that Terlich/Strauss/Nicholson doesn't, I wouldn't be expecting him to play.
You can say a lot about Nicho's hard work ethic, speed and endurance, but his disposal isn't up to the level Strauss has shown and Clisby shows in his highlights.

You can say a lot about Nicho's hard work ethic, speed and endurance, but his disposal isn't up to the level Strauss has shown and Clisby shows in his highlights.

Nicho's disposal at VFL level is probably on par with Clisby's at SANFL level, just from those highlights.

Nicho's disposal at VFL level is probably on par with Clisby's at SANFL level, just from those highlights.
Yeh one thing that really stood out to me in that video was how high he kicks the ball.. don't rekon we'll see him play much afl footy with high disposal efficiency

Part of me wonders if Jones or Terlich would've still made it to us in the rookie draft, if we took Hannath with 52/68 instead in the National Draft. I guess we'll never know, and they must've rated them more highly than Hannath.

All class from our players in terms of the support for Hannath. That can't be under-stated. That sort of stuff is a building block to a strong culture at the club. Excellent stuff.

I'm not really fussed with our picks in the Rookie Draft as I doubt they'll play unless they REALLY impress or, god forbid, we have a few too many injuries. Clearly the club wants more run off half back and grunt in the middle. Nothing wrong with that.

All class from our players in terms of the support for Hannath. That can't be under-stated. That sort of stuff is a building block to a strong culture at the club. Excellent stuff.

I'm not really fussed with our picks in the Rookie Draft as I doubt they'll play unless they REALLY impress or, god forbid, we have a few too many injuries. Clearly the club wants more run off half back and grunt in the middle. Nothing wrong with that.

I always go with the grunt - Mark Neeld :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back