Mega Thread Official 2012 Trade period discussion thread - 8th-26th October

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the finalised list of trades for MFC in 2012

Important dates:

October 1 - Commencement of Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency period.

October 5, 2pm - Nomination of Father-Son Eligible Players and Academy Bidding Players.

October 8, 10am - Father Son Eligible Players and Academy Players Bid Meeting.

October 8 - Commencement of Trade Period.

October 19, 2pm - Deadline for GWS Giants to pre-list balance of any uncontracted players under List Establishment rules.

October 19, 5pm - Close to Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

October 23, 5pm - Trade Incentive Rule (17 year-olds). Deadline for trading.

October 26, 2pm - End of Trade Period.

October 26, 2.10pm - Trade Incentive (17 year-olds) Selection.

October 31, 2pm - List Lodgement One.

November 1 - Commencement to Delisted Player Free Agency Period.

November 13, 2pm - End to Delisted Player Free Agency Period.

November 13, 2pm - Out of Contract Listed Player Draft Nomination deadline, New Player Draft Nomination deadline.

November 13, 2pm - Deadline for Nomination of any use of 2012 GWS Giants Compensation Selections.

November 15, 2pm - List Lodgement Two.

November 16, 2pm - Delisted Player Draft Nomination deadline, Non-Retained Rookies Draft Nomination deadline, Nominated of Queensland Zone Priority Selections and Nomination of NSW/ACT Zone Priority Selections.

November 22 - NAB AFL Draft, Gold Coast Convention Centre.

November 23 - Second Delisted Player Free Agency Period commences.

November 28, 2pm - Out of Contract Listed Players Nomination deadline, International Players Nomination deadline, Players Not Registered / Played Three Years deadline, NSW Scholarship and International Scholarship Players deadline.

November 28, 5pm - Second Delisted Player Free Agency Period ends.

November 29, 2pm - List Lodgement Three.

December 4, 2pm - Delisted Player Nomination deadline.

December 4 - Deadline for GWS Giants to pre-list balance of any previously listed or previously nominated for draft players under List Establishment rules.

December 11, 11am - NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft.

December 11, 11.05am - Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast Suns, GWS Giants and Sydney Swans Eligible Pre-Selected Rookies.

December 11, 11.10am - NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

Got this off the trade board.

I hear GC used to be keen on Ricky Petterd.... would we accept Ablett?

Nah - too old. I'd be willing to accept a Bennel/ Swallow package deal, however.

Has there been discussions for gc to trade p2 as part of a deal for Tippett and eliminating gc bidding for viney ( If Unless of course crows have vast interest and would nominate ) but they do have plenty of his type and calibre

Repeated for truth, but so much depends on the Viney bidding.

If he sneaks through to 26, we should definitely trade away our Pick 4 (either for a mini draft pick, or a couple of decent players from elsewhere). If not, I suspect we'll keep Pick 4 so we have a 'live' pick.

Then it will depend who we can attract with Pick 13.

Repeated for truth, but so much depends on the Viney bidding.

If he sneaks through to 26, we should definitely trade away our Pick 4 (either for a mini draft pick, or a couple of decent players from elsewhere). If not, I suspect we'll keep Pick 4 so we have a 'live' pick.

Then it will depend who we can attract with Pick 13.

No doubt. Tippett and Viney are the major dominoes... One has fallen, the other will tomorrow morning, and then a lot will follow from that.

I can't see any reason why we would trade away pick 4 in a draft with so much talent...even if we get Viney at 26 I suggest we use picks 3 and 4 to add to super talent to the team.

Dawes would clearly come cheaper than 13 and I don't see Wellingham coming to MFC, he doesn't want to be there so why would we want him? Wasn't there big talk about having players who want to be at Melbourne and play for the jumper.....he isn't our guy

Depends on what we get for Pick 4. If we got Wellingham and Dawes, not happy.

If we somehow snagged Tippett similar to Clark 2011, or a high-end midfielder (Dangerfield is the one I am thinking of, or someone of a similar age and class) then I'd be happy with trading pick 4.

Depends on what we get for Pick 4. If we got Wellingham and Dawes, not happy.

If we somehow snagged Tippett similar to Clark 2011, or a high-end midfielder (Dangerfield is the one I am thinking of, or someone of a similar age and class) then I'd be happy with trading pick 4.
Unfortunately Dangerfield signed that three-year deal mid-year...so it'd have to be more than pick 4.

According to Jay Clark it's worth a Josh Caddy...*, what a muppet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately Dangerfield signed that three-year deal mid-year...so it'd have to be more than pick 4.

According to Jay Clark it's worth a Josh Caddy...****, what a muppet.
I can see our 13 being worth Caddy.

Ultimately the club won't trade it if they can't get what they want for it, and I'd be perfectly happy with that. No club is going to bend us over the barrel for pick 4 - it's the highest pick to be traded directly for a player since Judd.

I can see our 13 being worth Caddy.

Ultimately the club won't trade it if they can't get what they want for it, and I'd be perfectly happy with that. No club is going to bend us over the barrel for pick 4 - it's the highest pick to be traded directly for a player since Judd.
Caddy doesn't want to come to Melbourne, anyway. :p

Okay.
The Hun is reporting we're looking at Farren Ray.
2nd-rounder, 3rd-rounder, Martin and Morton all on the table - one of those four.

Don't mind it to be honest. Ray for Martin and use the pick on Wines.

Thus (projected)

B: Bartram/Jetta Frawley Garland/Sellar
HB: JMac TMc Watts
C: Grimes Viney Trengove
HF: Howe Dawes Ray
F: Blease Clark Byrnes
Foll: Jamar Jones McKenzie
Int: Tapscott Wines Fitz Bail

Ray for Martin?

What kind of diabolically internally damaging LSD are you on????

They'll take a token 4th rounder, he doesn't play!

The Herald Sun is screwed. I hate these ******* articles that don't say s**t. Pisses me off. lol.

But anyway (Farren Ray to Melbourne?)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/dep...g-afl-trade-week/story-fn69a32t-1226490211582

It's just a preview as an incentive to try and get people to pay for a digital pass.

If you want to read that article in full, Google; 'Melbourne looks to secure Farren Ray during AFL Trade Week' (do this with any of the HS articles that only show a couple of lines) then hover your mouse over the arrow next to the link of the article which brings up the preview, then click on the image and it will take you to the article in full.

I'm hoping we can get Viney with #26 but I think we will end up using #3.
I cant believe (hope) we arent looking to give up #4 for Dawes & Wellingham.
It is very unlikely with Wellingham not wanting to come to Melbourne anyhow.
I also cant believe we would offer #13 for Dawes alone. We secured Clark lat year with #12 & Dawes is not in the same league as Clark, coupled with the fact that this years draft is meant to be of better quality to last years.
As for Farren Ray, please tell me we wouldn't offer anything more than a token 3rd or 4th rounder.
While we are at it, if Port are looking to trade only a 3rd or 4th rounder for Monfries, (rather than through free agency) we should look at it too. The only thing being that I wouldnt offer him 4 yrs, perhaps 3 yrs though

I don't think Striker realises that Ray doesn't make the St Kilda 22 anymore
I'm a Ray fan. He only got stiffed by Scott Watters, was good when he did play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back