List Mgmt. Official 2016 trade period discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If there was to be serious consequences we wouldn't have done the trade. The AFL probably ticked off the trade because we were trading back into the 2nd round of the draft
Or the AFL ticked it off because Carlton told them the Geelong future first rounder in 2017 was going to be on-traded to GWS as part of the Marchbank/Pickett trade.

I-has-conspiracy_thumb2.jpg

I am pretty sure that there won't be forced trading of players. It isn't enforceable in the slightest. The AFL greyed the rule out for us.

The penalty will be that we must use our round 1's for a couple of years.

Even that does restrict us to a degree.. The AFL rules are hardly set in stone.. they can make and break.

I haven't seen any proof that we "need to get back into 1st round" and I would be stunned if that was the case.
It would basically mean we could be held to ransom by the rest of the competition. I refuse to believe that the AFL would allow that or that the Cats would accept it.

I think what is does mean, is that we cannot trade any more 1st rounders (not including upgrades/downgrades within the 1st round) until 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact - DH buys a house in Moonee Ponds for $1.740,000
Fact - the house is renovated and renovated for a year
Fact - the house has never been lived in by DH

Now just how many club sponsors assisted in this renovation, and DH hope you will not try to claim a tax exemption for a house you have never lived in
AFL salary cap in action

wowee

So the salary cap issue for Lids wasnt really an issue? They were holding space for Gaz? Gives us a chance to front end some contracts and have a crack at someone at years end? Still no word on Stanleys contract?

They obviously want to front end some contracts and have a crack at the trade period again next year. I suspect the main reason we didnt take deledio was the injuries-after the mcintosh and clark debacles questions would be asked if we traded in him on big money and his achilles failed. He always wanted geelong more than geelong wanted him.

Cameron O'Shea from Port anyone?
Would take him if recruiting staff didn't want to take a young key defender in draft or had other ideas with earlier picks - he would give us some backline depth for a few years as Lonergan and Taylor eventually move on and Gardner fills out, but he'd be used more as spare parts rather than starting 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back