Official 2019/20 Bundesliga/DFB Pokal Thread

Which Team will you be supporting this season?

• FC Augsburg

• Bayer Leverkusen

• Bayern Munich

• Borussia Dortmund

• Borussia Mönchengladbach

• Eintracht Frankfurt

• Fortuna Düsseldorf

• SC Freiburg

• Hertha BSC

• TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

• 1. FC Koln

• RB Leipzig

• 1. FSV Mainz 05

• SC Paderborn 07

• Schalke 04

• Union Berlin

• Werder Bremen

• VfL Wolfsburg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coutinho to Bayern on a 1 year deal. If the reported 120m buy option is accurate then he'll be straight back to Barca next season, but I'll look forward to seeing him in the Bundesliga. As I said a few posts up, I think he'll have great success.

Not a bad opening round of football to be honest.

Started with a shock 2-2 draw between Bayern and Hertha

The shocks continued with Dortmund going 0-1 down to Augsburg within 30 seconds. No more shocks after half time, with the home side winning 5-1.

Fortuna did a number on Bremen at the Weserstadion. S04 played a boring draw with the other Borussia

Eintracht Frankfurt scored within the first minute against hoffenheim, and the score stayed that way

Union Berlin also had a rough start to the league, losing 0-4 to Raselballsport Leipzig

As always (when I can), here’s a photo from the Südtribune. I’ll upload a video when I’m out of the airport and have some decent bandwidth. In the second photo, you can almost see me above the Ü

5062835ba70703a705abd0a26acb674c.jpg

d610186a8354b293e1618eab1e38f651.jpg
2ac662e57396ef2aac0b8a98f089fe58.jpg

671e6af15262ef41469ac4462b0a5f32.jpg

Some interesting Pokal lineups too. More on that to come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the derby against Stuttgart for you guys this year!

If Aue could get promoted and Union Berlin could stay up, it'd be great for the league to have two east german teams in the top league. Maybe then, I'd stop being slugged a few hundred euros a month in Solidaritataetszuschlag (tax for East Germany)

Am I right in saying that Stuttgart aren't the only "derby" Karlsruher will be playing this season? I think Heidenheim and Sandhausen (apologies if my spelling is incorrect) are also from the Baden-Wurttemberg region. I don't know as much about German Football as I would like, I sort of lost interest a little in the late noughties as KSC dropped down the leagues at around the same time as another club I follow (Ross County in Scotland) climbed up the ladder.

Am I right in saying that Stuttgart aren't the only "derby" Karlsruher will be playing this season? I think Heidenheim and Sandhausen (apologies if my spelling is incorrect) are also from the Baden-Wurttemberg region. I don't know as much about German Football as I would like, I sort of lost interest a little in the late noughties as KSC dropped down the leagues at around the same time as another club I follow (Ross County in Scotland) climbed up the ladder.

Not really - they do have a smaller rivalry with Freiburg but Stuttgart is the real deal

Being back in Australia has reminded me how ****ed it is being a European football fan over here. 2:30am wake up sucks.

Pretty impressive performance from Brandt I must say. We were done at 60 minutes. No intensity, heads down. Brandt and Hakimi found so much space between the lines, and after Sancho got a bit of space, you could sense that the second goal was coming.

I tend to think that sancho gets a little overrated in his influence at times - 1G1A is a great output, and now he’s the youngest ever to 15 goals. But I really think that Brandt was the catalyst in this game. His ability to hold the ball until the very last second and find the space was impressive.

That was also the first time in 6 attempts that we’ve beaten a newly promoted team. That’s the sort of thing that bayern would do with ease, and where they usually win their titles

I was very excited when we signed Brandt, hopefully he can continue to have a good impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Coutinho go?

Anyone watch it?

Came on in the 65th. His link up play with Lewandowski is great, those 2 are gonna develop great chemistry as the season goes on. His touches are a joy to watch. Didn't have a massive impact but when he came on our attack changed in that we were much happier to play down the middle. Did enough to get me excited for whats to come:)

Apologies for the lack of posting - been cut short for time the last couple of weeks

So last week things got a little interesting. If you told me a few years back that a team called Red Bull and SC Freiburg would occupy 2 of the top 4 spots I'd have laughed at you, but here we are.

The RB result was most interesting because for once, Bayern had a penalty rubbed out by VAR. A actually can't think of a time that this has happened before, but here we are. A 1-1 draw kept it tight at the top.

I must admit I went into the fixture against Leverkusen with much trepidation after the loss to Union, and the first 10 minutes only solidified that. 70% ball possession to Leverkusen with the Boszball in full effect - it took some very good play to get the first, and then the goals flowed freely.

Freiburg burnt Hoffenheim, showing that without Nagelsmann, they are nothing. It was also a big win for Augsburg over Eintracht.

Without a doubt though, the biggest performance of the round goes to FC St. Pauli in the 2. Bundesliga against local rivals HSV Hamburg. Their 2-0 win was their first home win over HSV in the professional era, and gee, the streets were going off after - it was absolutely buzzing.

Bundesliga in Europe

Dortmund v Barca 0-0

Dortmund will be spewing they didn't win this one. Had the more meaningful attacks and shots. Should have converted that pen.
Reckon they're a much better chance to progress than Inter who I don't rate as highly as some might.

RB Leipzig v Benfica 2-1

RBL are a pretty damn impressive side. Their group isn't too strong and they're my favourite to top it.

Leverkusen v Lokomotiv Moscow 1-2

Jesus did they s**t the bed on this one. Absolutely dominated in all aspects and lost. Dumb mistake from their keeper cost them a goal but they really should have capitalised on their chances.

Bayern v Belgrade 3-0

Solid win as expected, probably should/could have scored more. With Spurs dropping their bundle v Olympiakos I think we'll top the group.

Europa League group stage matches start tonight.

Eintracht Frankfurt v Arsenal
Wolfsburg v Oleksandriya
Borussia v Wolfsberg (the Austrian one)

Bundesliga in Europe

Dortmund v Barca 0-0

Dortmund will be spewing they didn't win this one. Had the more meaningful attacks and shots. Should have converted that pen.
Reckon they're a much better chance to progress than Inter who I don't rate as highly as some might.

RB Leipzig v Benfica 2-1

RBL are a pretty damn impressive side. Their group isn't too strong and they're my favourite to top it.

Leverkusen v Lokomotiv Moscow 1-2

Jesus did they s**t the bed on this one. Absolutely dominated in all aspects and lost. Dumb mistake from their keeper cost them a goal but they really should have capitalised on their chances.

Bayern v Belgrade 3-0

Solid win as expected, probably should/could have scored more. With Spurs dropping their bundle v Olympiakos I think we'll top the group.

Europa League group stage matches start tonight.

Eintracht Frankfurt v Arsenal
Wolfsburg v Oleksandriya
Borussia v Wolfsberg (the Austrian one)

Cheers Perthblue

Our match was super frustrating. Amazing I went into it thinking I’d be pleased with a point, and ended up being super frustrated.

Need to harness more of that play for the season proper

Damn the table is tight.

Gotta lol at the Bundesliga sometimes. Bayern lose to Hoffenheim and the 4 teams that could have capitalised all bloody draw.

MunchyGladWrap should be top by tonight. Should be.

Back