News Official 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

They’ll be pretty good to watch next year

Correct.

Thats a mistake. Some of their games last year would have made great viewing.

I actually think a Friday night game v Crows at AO, would be fascinating. Especially if its earlier in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL couldnt give a flying f**k. They get a 70,000 guaranteed lock.

Its an awful way to begin a season, absolutely zero interest outside of those two clubs.

I would like to see a regular season opening fixture of the reigning minor premiers vs the runner up. At the minor premier's home ground.

For 2020 that would mean Cats vs Lions at the Cattery.

It would be:-
  • a recognition for being the most consistently successful 2 teams of the year just gone
  • a high quality match that gets everyone turned on
  • a packed stadium
  • a glimpse into whether these two teams are likely to lead the way again.
cheers

Adelaide will travel to Alice Springs on Sunday, May 17 to face Melbourne at TIO Traeger Park.

The Round Nine clash is the first match confirmed in Adelaide’s 2020 home and away fixture and will mark the fourth year in a row the Crows venture north of the border.

The game will feature a celebration of Indigenous culture and contribution to the game of Australian Football with first bounce at 2.50pm ACST.

The complete 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season fixture is expected to be announced later this week.

Melbourne v Adelaide
Sunday, May 17
Round Nine
2.50pm ACST
TIO Traeger Park, Alice Springs

Honestly, I wish this club had some backbone. This is the fourth year in a row we have missed out on a MCG game to effectively help the Dees and their quite frankly ridiculous tilt at the NT market (having been to the last 2 Darwin games there is no doubt that the Crows are, and always will be, the preferred team in the NT)....when is enough enough? Why cant Port or Freo go there for once? GWS? Sydney?

Honestly, I wish this club had some backbone. This is the fourth year in a row we have missed out on a MCG game to effectively help the Dees and their quite frankly ridiculous tilt at the NT market (having been to the last 2 Darwin games there is no doubt that the Crows are, and always will be, the preferred team in the NT)....when is enough enough? Why cant Port or Freo go there for once? GWS? Sydney?
Because exactly as you state, we have a heap of fans who live in the NT and they get to see their fav team live.

Id much rather play in Alice instead of Tasmania

We arent a great team so we won't get the luxuary of lots of MCG games, we may still end up playing Collingwood, Richmond and Hawthorn at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Back