Official 2020 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The likes of McKenna dbj Houston Dawson petrevski seton Clark

hopper mcluggage berry a brayshaw

C curnow Stack s bolton

Breaking out could make or break a lot of teams. Take the punt on the right ones and you get a big jump on the top teams with pods.

Lots of value in under priced ex premiums too if they hit form pre season. Most under performed for parts or were injured in 2019 but could be huge bonuses

Simpson Rance Ward Selwood Buddy nic nat menegola hawkins t lynch z Merrett laird darling wines r gray Wingard t McDonald beams Viney Gunston Hurley Angus brayshaw d Smith nankervis witherden McLean

A few here could be great picks

Lots of value in under priced ex premiums too if they hit form pre season. Most under performed for parts or were injured in 2019 but could be huge bonuses

Simpson Rance Ward Selwood Buddy nic nat menegola hawkins t lynch z Merrett laird darling wines r gray Wingard t McDonald beams Viney Gunston Hurley Angus brayshaw d Smith nankervis witherden McLean

A few here could be great picks
In my uneducated opinion;
Simpson; no. This year was pretty clear evidence he's finally started to slow up, plus with Docherty (hopefully) back and Newman hanging around can't see him returning to premo levels
Rance; Last 90+ year was 2016. No for me
Ward; Yes if getting through pre-season unscathed. Even more tempting if Cogs leaves
Selwood; only if D/M
Buddy; Avoid for me
Nic Nat; Gawn and Grundy still exist and for those wanting to save a bit of $$$ I imagine they would look at your KOTDMarshall and RoB types. Too much viable competition to make it worth the risk
Menegola; If Telly leaves and retains M/F, worth a look
Hawkins; Last year was his flash-in-the-pan year from an SC perspective. Has reverted back to more usual service this year and he's not getting any younger
T. Lynch; if we're seriously short of HFF/mid rotators then maybe but he wouldn't be high on my list of considerations
Zerrett; He's averaged 107 this year and his highest year avg ever was 111. Don't think he'll be that underpriced
Laird; I want to say yes because the scoring potential is definitely there. One to watch in pre-season
Darling; Nine. 9. Nein.
Wines; Hasn't averaged 100 since 2014 and that was only just barely. Worth picking maybe as a stepping stone type ala Libba this year but not keeper potential IMO
R. Gray; It pains me to say it but if Hinkley is still coach, absolutely not. Not getting enough mid time and TBH with the wealth of young mid talent coming through at the Power (Butters, Duursma etc) I can't really see him getting a whole lot more in the twilight of his career, even if that campaigner Hinkley leaves.
Wingard; Yes. Made of tissue paper but playing almost pure midfield in the back end of this year. Worth it as M/F if has good pre-season
TMac; KPF and had one year out of the box (really, about 8 weeks). Not for me.
Beams; Too injury prone. Has Rockliff-level burn potential
Viney; Has he ever really been a premo? Highest SC average across career is a tick over 96
Gunston; Might be worth a look depending on what other options we have up FWD.
Hurley; Worth a look but will probably be better options for midpricers in DEF with players such as Clark, SPS, Dawson as you've mentioned potentially breaking out
Brayshaw (MEL); pending role in pre-season. 97 avg last year, if he gets back to that role there is definitely 105+ potential
D. Smith; closest thing to a lock you can get this far out from 2020 IMO. Will be arguably the highest owned player come R1
Nankervis; see Nic Nat.
Witherden; Yes. I'll definitely be having a look there especially with the expected retirement of Hodge and the Lions being a prospective top side
McLean; no for me. Doesn't really get mid rotations anymore with the Dogs mid depth; Bont/Macrae/Dunks/Libba/Lipinski etc all in front of him for rotations. Bevo is a renowned magnet mover though...

SuperCoach should do a mental ‘finals style’ round 3 onwards matchup where everyone with a team starts a knockout comp after week 3. Gives them 500k spaces (so would be some byes week 1/2) and after 20rd/week 23 would just be one team left standing! Could be interesting.

SuperCoach should do a mental ‘finals style’ round 3 onwards matchup where everyone with a team starts a knockout comp after week 3. Gives them 500k spaces (so would be some byes week 1/2) and after 20rd/week 23 would just be one team left standing! Could be interesting.
Yep would be something else to make the game interesting. IIRC there used to be an "eliminator" comp in Dreamteam some years ago

Dan Houston worth monitoring fwiw. Strong form on run home.

Used my last trade to bring him in last week (for Luke Ryan) in desperation to avoid Milera's 41. His 105 and the 64 extra points he gave me pretty much got me over the line in all my PFs. Another 117 today (compared to Milera's 66) helped me win my GFs too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Izak Rankine biggest lock of them all.
Played limited minutes in 2 NEAFL games to finish the year
14 possessions, 1 goal, 9 tackles
15 possessions, 2 goals, 4 tackles

100% lock to play every game he's fit
Surely should be priced at 123k
forward rookie

So when that team picker open.....

pMmH40PZND1fRtLt7AsEv1MCTDs4mb0q3B_gjD5SYZBI3inWyj0kj5GPJoF7mCY_lu3loBi1xxFq3kxwbcyrGXMjxyeiFU5SqV5lyZGMWZ0e=w481-h306

Was it Tso who was looking for an estimate of Gawn/Grundy?
Big list here. Reckon the multiplier is a little off, but makes fu** all difference at this stage.

According EmprX's tweet the Gawndy combo is going to cost $2,300 more next season.

I was happy to pay $1,400,300 for them this year, but $1,402,600 next season might be a bit too much...

I made most of the right moves this year but it was always covering up for my startng mess. Next year I'm going to put more effort into my sttarting team. It's definitely my weakness.

I live in Jappan over summer so i never get into 'footy mode' until a couple of weeks before the season starts. Has to change if I'm going to get serious.

If anyone uses Twitter you should give this bloke a follow.

So going from this, start of next season prices for the the top dogs will be a bit less than this year.
However there will be more players in that 600-650k range.

Should see a bit more variance in starting teams next year then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back