Official 2020 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting twitter thread about Whitfield. AFL Player Ratings is suggesting that Whitfield will be M/F next year.

:think:

View attachment 737153

It’s funny isn’t it. They always have a few forwards who shouldn’t be forwards in there and he’ll definitely be one of them.

You don’t have more rebound 50s than inside 50s if you’re playing forward, I don’t care where you’re starting position is.

He should be mid only as he is a wingman but if they put him in the forward line or defence again he’ll be one of my first picked.

question, if Pickett gets picked to debut for Richmond during the finals, will that effect his price for next season? If not, he’s an absolute lock.
Wouldn't think so. SC scores during finals are not included in the year averages, so it should mean he remains rookie priced, unless they change the policy to suit themselves of course.

question, if Pickett gets picked to debut for Richmond during the finals, will that effect his price for next season? If not, he’s an absolute lock.

He should remain rookie priced. But I'd be willing to bet that if he does play, and scores half decent, that his price will be jacked up stupid amounts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be good if it's just a tiny discount to make the decision really tough.

Yeah, I think 630k -as per that tweet a few posts up is fair enough. Just high enough (7th most expensive mid) to make people have to decide if his 2017-2018 average warrants starting with him or whether missing an entire season makes him an upgrade target. Ideally he will be priced high enough that no more than 30% of coach's start with him so it actually ends up mattering if you start or don't start him.

It would be pretty boring if 60%+ start with him IMO. Why do you want to make SC easier for the casuals pincrusher ?

Yeah, I think 630k -as per that tweet a few posts up is fair enough. Just high enough (7th most expensive mid) to make people have to decide if his 2017-2018 average warrants starting with him or whether missing an entire season makes him an upgrade target. Ideally he will be priced high enough that no more than 30% of coach's start with him so it actually ends up mattering if you start or don't start him.

It would be pretty boring if 60%+ start with him IMO. Why do you want to make SC easier for the casuals pincrusher ?

Why do u care anyway. You will do a mpm team so it wouldnt matter all that much to you in the end relative to how your pods perform.

Treloar averaged 123.6 after the bye. Never thought I would ever consider him again, but on that form, has to be on the watchlist.
Off topic but is he a sneaky chance for the Brownlow?
I’m sure he finished top 4 one year and this is easily his best season. $21

Why do u care anyway. You will do a mpm team so it wouldnt matter all that much to you in the end relative to how your pods perform.

Not all my starting squad players are Mid-Pricers or POD's though. I'm more interested in "value" picks than just picking players because they're cheap. This year I started with ZWilliams, BSmith, Rocky, BCrouch, Libba, Newnes. Most teams would have started with at least 2-3 of those 6 guys. The only POD in my team was Newnes, who didn't last long. I rarely pick many if any POD's. I started with more expensive players than mid-pricers 8 over 500k - Laird, Cripps, MCrouch, Brayspud, Grundy, Gawn, Danger, Heeney, Dunkley.

Why do I care? Because when nearly everyone starts with the same SP that player becomes irrelevant - as per Danger nearly every year. I'm not expecting one of the best scorers to be a POD in the traditional sense but more like Gawn who most people had who was POD enough that it made some difference in your weekly rankings when he did go huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back