Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taranto won the 2k time trial for 1-4 year players.

Nick Shipley, winner of last year’s time-trial, led the way for the first three laps before Tim Taranto took the lead on the final lap. It was Taranto who claimed the bragging rights, as he crossed over the line in first place with an impressive pre-season run.

A few early positions and changes from last year have been announced.

Sidebottom is expensive but could easily be the highest scoring forward with Trealor out
Agree, but priced at 110 is too expensive imo. He’ll also be first in line to be tagged again

Dangerfield is probably a lock

Zorko is a great option

Dunkley priced at 100. Might not be worth it given the Bulldogs midfield have another gun coming in

Marshall is the interesting one. Gone 100 and 95 last two seasons. They’re top 6 forward numbers whilst providing a security blanket if anything happened to Preuss in the rucks

Both the defence and forward lines look good. Team set ups are going to be fascinating. Do you go one less premo mid to stock up in those areas?
I will.
Although every year we all contemplate random stuff like locking in all your mids, or all your forwards.
Regardless of team set up, we'll all be plugging holes SOMEWHERE.
I saw 6 decent fwds right off the bat and thought, lock them in. Fwds usually give me the most grief and the MID rookies or cheapies do seem more reliable for 40's+

Heeney of interest to anyone?
Priced at 75, 10-15 unders maybe.
Danger the only one of the 4 premo fwds I'm considering really, then maybe Dunks.

Buddy and Daniher present amazing value if they can play!!
Heeney is good value, just need him playing midfield

and agree on the forwards. You’re paying 110 for Sidebottom, too much imo. Dunkley, will play midfield one week, forward the next

Dangerfield is a lock now imo, with Cameron coming in should go back to the guts

I like Zorko. Had a rough start last year, but you can lock him in for 100 average and good midfield minutes

I like the flexibility of Rowan Marshall too. Great cover to swing into the rucks if Preuss went down

Heeney is good value, just need him playing midfield

and agree on the forwards. You’re paying 110 for Sidebottom, too much imo. Dunkley, will play midfield one week, forward the next

Dangerfield is a lock now imo, with Cameron coming in should go back to the guts

I like Zorko. Had a rough start last year, but you can lock him in for 100 average and good midfield minutes

I like the flexibility of Rowan Marshall too. Great cover to swing into the rucks if Preuss went down
On my first play with a team I don't know if I can fit Marshall, mind you with Thilthorpe on the ruck bench, he might be a good option.

Current fwd line
Danger, Heeney, Phillips, Caldwell, Daniher/Buddy, Rookie

What's everyone's thoughts on Rowell?
A must start priced at 75?
If GC start off better, will he get attention?

And here are a few other names that I think might be worth noting....

Hamling - Rookie priced and should avg 55-60 if he gets games
Lachlan Young - Ball should be down that end a fair bit, is he the type that NM want him with ball in hand? WHoever is taking the kickouts for NM will be a lock for me!!
Aiden Corr - see above
Marcus Adams - Wasn't delisted so Brisbane must still like him and has avg over 60 in the past so could be 30 points under priced
Liam Stocker - Highly rated at Carlton still? Will he score if he plays?
Cogs - Priced under @ 95 for a guy that can go 110+ given the chance
Sloane - Priced @ 75!!! More opportunities with Crouch gone? Or past it?
Blakey - Really interests me as a 3rd year breakout with McDonald coming in does he get to play higher up the ground?
Tom Green - another possibility of 3rd year breakout. All depends on what GWS do with their plethora of quality mids.
Sier - Who takes the spot vacated by Treloar? Can he score well enough if given game time?
Stephenson - Talk of a wing roll at NM. DOes he have the tank to play up the ground?

And finally the one smokey that I'm really interested in is Hind!!
Played HBF for Essendon's VFL team and that's where they plan to play him. Plenty of ball available down there, big watch list for mine!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeney is one of the best of a bad bunch given Sydney drafted Logan McDonald, should have a fit buddy as well as Sam Reid running around reminding everybody he still plays AFL. Reckon his midfield minutes spike and he’s always good for an 80+.

Will watch the dynamic closely this preseason but right now Rowan Marshall gets the chocolates

And here are a few other names that I think might be worth noting....

Hamling - Rookie priced and should avg 55-60 if he gets games
Lachlan Young - Ball should be down that end a fair bit, is he the type that NM want him with ball in hand? WHoever is taking the kickouts for NM will be a lock for me!!
Aiden Corr - see above
Marcus Adams - Wasn't delisted so Brisbane must still like him and has avg over 60 in the past so could be 30 points under priced
Liam Stocker - Highly rated at Carlton still? Will he score if he plays?
Cogs - Priced under @ 95 for a guy that can go 110+ given the chance
Sloane - Priced @ 75!!! More opportunities with Crouch gone? Or past it?
Blakey - Really interests me as a 3rd year breakout with McDonald coming in does he get to play higher up the ground?
Tom Green - another possibility of 3rd year breakout. All depends on what GWS do with their plethora of quality mids.
Sier - Who takes the spot vacated by Treloar? Can he score well enough if given game time?
Stephenson - Talk of a wing roll at NM. DOes he have the tank to play up the ground?

And finally the one smokey that I'm really interested in is Hind!!
Played HBF for Essendon's VFL team and that's where they plan to play him. Plenty of ball available down there, big watch list for mine!!
Cross Stocker off your list.

Can you give us an idea on Carlton's B22?
Of course mate. Not much room for youngsters provided we stay fit:
(within brackets = toss-ups selected on form) (bolded = potentially fantasy relevant)

FB: Plowman Weitering (Marchbank/Newman)
HB: Saad Jones Docherty
R: (DeKoning/Pittonet) Cripps Setterfield
C: Williams Walsh (Williamson/Newnes)
HF: Martin McKay Murphy
FF: (Betts/Fisher) Casboult (McGovern/Silvagni)
Int: SPS, E.Curnow and two of the toss ups from above.

Next in line will be Gibbons, Cuningham, Kennedy, Fogarty and Dow along with any of the toss-ups above who don't make the cut.

The likes of Cottrell, O'Brien, Stocker, Kemp, Philp etc are the tier below the above.

So i wouldn't be putting too many Carlton rookies on the shortlist.

Charlie Curnow possibly expected back mid year.

Of course mate. Not much room for youngsters provided we stay fit:
(within brackets = toss-ups selected on form) (bolded = potentially fantasy relevant)

FB: Plowman Weitering (Marchbank/Newman)
HB: Saad Jones Docherty
R: (DeKoning/Pittonet) Cripps Setterfield
C: Williams Walsh (Williamson/Newnes)
HF: Martin McKay Murphy
FF: (Betts/Fisher) Casboult (McGovern/Silvagni)
Int: SPS, E.Curnow and two of the toss ups from above.

Next in line will be Gibbons, Cuningham, Kennedy, Fogarty and Dow along with any of the toss-ups above who don't make the cut.

The likes of Cottrell, O'Brien, Stocker, Kemp, Philp etc are the tier below the above.

So i wouldn't be putting too many Carlton rookies on the shortlist.

Charlie Curnow possibly expected back mid year.
Cheers man. Does this mean Williamson becomes someone worth watching? Maybe not in this format but potentially for draft?

Cheers man. Does this mean Williamson becomes someone worth watching? Maybe not in this format but potentially for draft?
I have concerns about Williamsons scoring capacity. But against his price, it may be a concenr. I would flag that Williamson is on the cusp here. While the club I believe rates him incredibly highly internally, he plays a bit of a bit part position where he is both a half back flanker and can also play wing but isn't first picked in any position. Thereby, if someone like Dow were to explode and demand a position in the midfield, potentially pushing someone like SPS or Setterfield to a wing, it may jeopordise Williamson's position in the team. Willo also has a history of injury issues which leads me to avoid him in draft formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back