Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't mind it at all tbh

I think cash generation is the biggest issue and is where a lot of us got caught out last year. Even more so if there happens to be an injury early on like what happened to Naismith and then it feels like you are forever chasing.

Isaac Smith on a wing in a high possession Geelong team. 618k forward

Will probably score quite well but I can't imagine he plays every game
Just based on age?
Maybe Jordan Clark gets the odd game.

I haven't given Geelong's midfield to much thought outside of Danger playing more mid, Menegola was very good last year, he gets 1 wing for sure right?

Just based on age?

I haven't given Geelong's midfield to much thought outside of Danger playing more mid, Menegola was very good last year, he gets 1 wing for sure right?

Been watching the Cats/Pies game today. Clark looks quite good out on that wing for them. Menegola first dibs on the spot without a doubt though given his last few years.

Wonder if Smith will maybe even play high half forward/wing with Clark rotating through wing/half back. You'd think they'd be keen to get more games into Clark given he stayed.

Just based on age?

Yeah just on age and the amount of talent on their list I can see some being rested every now and again. I'm also fairly sure the cats are on record saying that there will be rotations throughout the year - Shadow89 can probably help out here more than I can but

Yeah just on age and the amount of talent on their list I can see some being rested every now and again. I'm also fairly sure the cats are on record saying that there will be rotations throughout the year - Shadow89 can probably help out here more than I can but
It has been stated by Scott and others(can't remember who) that we will be doing a rotation policy this year so i don't see many of the older players playing every game.

Smith/Higgins/Selwood etc

I will see if i can find the interviews

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah as Gunf alluded to, there's only a handful of players who will likely be playing every game - wouldn't think Smith or Clark would be amongst those.

Not quite sure of Clark's best position, but as I've previously said, he's first cab off the rank when it comes to players on the fringe of our Best 22. Pretty confident him and Evans play Round 1, and he scores around 65-75 when he plays. For mine, he's just too awkward a price with nowhere near enough upside to justify it.

As a player though, hoo boy am I excited to see him get on the field as much as possible. Gonna be an absolute superstar!

Should be enough popping up for rnd 1... but the real concern is when you look through the list of remaining rookie priced players.

I don't know about you but I've heard of most of them.. or little about them anyway. Not sure if any of them will come through during the year at all.

Probably why I don't think the pure guns and rooks strategy works this year. 6 - 7 rookies on field will be fine for rnd 1, but there won't be enough rookies coming through later to rotate them when they fatten. If any get dropped there may literally be no options to replace them. Plus with the rolling lockout you won't even know if you're going to replace them till immediately prior (which is going to cause chaos when you're trying to do a 1 down 1 up move if you're not sure who the 1 down is going too!).

3 - 5 feels more appropriate this year and take as many cheapie established players as possible.

Money may need to come from swapping mid pricers and premos around through the year.

I think im going 5 rookies at the moment

I think im going 5 rookies at the moment

I keep moving between 3 and 5.
I'm on 3 atm but I'd even admit it's probably looking way too midpricey.

Mostly because I'm not confident in any of my bench even being named atm... so I'm finding it hard to put another 2x rooks on my field and make the problem even worse.

Does anyone know who the best score projection place is going around? I have Selby's season guide and while you can 'sort' by Projected Average it doesn't (as far as i can see) actually show you that average.

I could try and program my own but, looking to just grab another list for ease of use. Anyone recommend?
AF has one built in?

If Meek or Treacy are named on the friday arvo id assume alot will go with a 170k player at R2 ie Flynn

It will be the balls if neither are named do some still consider picking Flynn at R2

Been following the ruck talk. As of now, I am going Grundy (to save a later trade up, captain option and underpriced) and Witts (quite underpriced and I think his numbers jump back up). Gawn is too pricey and if anything I see him losing value and correcting back a bit. Even if Witts somehow struggles, there are options around him to swing to if need be. At his price, I highly doubt he won't AT LEAST play up to that price. I am all about floors and worst case scenarios when "drafting". Swing from Grundy to ROB would be easy as well, if need be. Will stick Flynn at R3 and if any other rucks are named Round 1, they go in utility and/or forward/def.

I’m finding it hard to ignore Gawn with that early draw. He won’t lose coin early
I'm tossing up Gawn or Lloyd or Danger now

Especially facing Meek and Flynn

Hi fantasy board.

Are there stats from scratch matches? I heard on a pod that Taranto got 30 but I wasn’t sure where that would be from.

cheers.
sadly no just estimated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back