Strategy Official 2021 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way will Lloyd be in my side R1 at his starting price .....we all complained of Lloyds price last season, and this season it'll be higher again

If we go back to 20 minute 1/4s the ceiling for defenders average is around 110-112 max and Lloyd is at least 10 ppg overpriced. However, if we end up with 17-18 minute quarters, there is a good argument to starting with him even though he'll lose a bit of value as that might be off-set by an average in the range of 115-118.

Couldn't complain too much about the team .....still thought May deserved a gig over Moore

Guthrie over Oliver :straining:

View attachment 970268

So if any of Bont, Dusty or Danger miss out on F status in Supercoach or Fantasy next year, where do we lodge complaints? Chuck in Fyfe and there could be some nasty forward lines next year.

Sexy Fyfe and Rowan Marshall forwards 1&2. No GWS rookies. No dusty. Plenty of Norf rookies gonna be available.

Never again also on haynes. Clubs will tag him, absolutely useless when he got attention late in the season.

Cripps same boat.

So if any of Bont, Dusty or Danger miss out on F status in Supercoach or Fantasy next year, where do we lodge complaints? Chuck in Fyfe and there could be some nasty forward lines next year.
Lol, imagine a forward line of Fyfe, Danger, Bont, Dusty and Petracca. Like what is the point of having a midfield

Sexy Fyfe and Rowan Marshall forwards 1&2. No GWS rookies. No dusty. Plenty of Norf rookies gonna be available.

Never again also on haynes. Clubs will tag him, absolutely useless when he got attention late in the season.

Cripps same boat.

Funny how Haynes gets tagged ,,,yet chip master Lloyd is left to run free gobbling up free range potatos chips .. :moustache:

No way will Lloyd be in my side R1 at his starting price .....we all complained of Lloyds price last season, and this season it'll be higher again

Problem is that his consistency is very good (so he's unlikely to get too cheap) and he's very likely to be the best defender in the comp again. I agree the value isn't great but I think you might have to start with him regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps same boat.
FTR I think Fyfe just misses out on forward eligiblity (minimium for DPP is 35% up forward, he managed 34%) so....

Dunkley seems ITSTL though. Has CD released the TOG up forward percentages for players anywhere or?

FTR I think Fyfe just misses out on forward eligiblity (minimium for DPP is 35% up forward, he managed 34%) so....

Dunkley seems ITSTL though. Has CD released the TOG up forward percentages for players anywhere or?

I think danger was very close to DP this year.

Fyfe was forward abit but more so after the freo bye...not a lock for DP IMO.

Problem is that his consistency is very good (so he's unlikely to get too cheap) and he's very likely to be the best defender in the comp again. I agree the value isn't great but I think you might have to start with him regardless.
Just had a look at this, Laird and McDonald after significant role changes had similar averages whereas Whitfield on 2019 was very comparable and is about $100k cheaper. So I'm going to go back on this, though he'll still obviously be in the Top 6 defenders for 2021 barring serious injury.

So if I was to make a squad out of all that:

DEF: Laird/Whitfield - McDonald - Williams - Lukosius - Newman - rookies
MID: Macrae - Mitchell - Rowell - Walsh - Cripps - Taranto - Heppell - rookies
RUC: Grundy - English - rookie
FWD: Dunkley - Marshall - Heeney - Rozee - Franklin - rookies

CBF calcuating how much cash that would cost.

So if I was to make a squad out of all that:

DEF: Laird/Whitfield - McDonald - Williams - Lukosius - Newman - rookies
MID: Macrae - Mitchell - Rowell - Walsh - Cripps - Taranto - Heppell - rookies
RUC: Grundy - English - rookie
FWD: Dunkley - Marshall - Heeney - Rozee - Franklin - rookies

CBF calcuating how much cash that would cost.
Cerra has to be a lock if he still has def. DPP Played in defense early in the year but not sure if he'll hit the 35% mark. Average 101 after the bye. Another preseason under his belt and he'll be primed next year I reckon. I might even start him if he's mid only. Priced at 90.

Still not sold on the pom in ruck. Will watch closely in the preseason. Still too inconsistent for mine. Had a 5 game stretch where he averaged 140 and then a 7 game stretch straight after where he averaged 76.5. The 5 game stretch included a double ton. He did finish the year strongly though.

Still not sold on the pom in ruck. Will watch closely in the preseason. Still too inconsistent for mine. Had a 5 game stretch where he averaged 140 and then a 7 game stretch straight after where he averaged 76.5. The 5 game stretch included a double ton. He did finish the year strongly though.

Only ruck I would consider for R2 outside of Gawndy is ROB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back