Strategy Official 2021 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested to see if Shai Bolton has Mid/Fwd status next year if he does he would be a great pick Forward. He is coming along nicely for the Tigers and even with the shorter quarters this year his average jumped from 69.8 in 2019 to 86.1 in 2020.

Who is gonna be Melbourne’s main man SuperCoach wise next year? Can always lock Gawn in for a big average but their midfield is interesting. Oliver super consistent but Petracca was pretty amazing last year.

There’s a fair few underpriced mids next year.

Yeo 89.9ppg
Kennedy 95.6
Sloane 87.8
Taranto 84.4
Crouch 83.3
Ward 76.3

you could make a case that picking one mega premo (Oliver, Neale, Fyfe) and Gawn to cover your loophole and a bunch of these guys is a good starting strategy.

I'm interested to see if Shai Bolton has Mid/Fwd status next year if he does he would be a great pick Forward. He is coming along nicely for the Tigers and even with the shorter quarters this year his average jumped from 69.8 in 2019 to 86.1 in 2020.

M only I reckon.

First 5 rounds, CBAs; 0%, 0%, 5%, 7% DNP, 55%
Then for the remainder for the H&A season went under 80% twice and one of those was a minor injury.
He didn't have as high CBA numbers in the finals with Edwards and Prestia back in, but still reckon he misses the boat by a fair margin.

Who is gonna be Melbourne’s main man SuperCoach wise next year? Can always lock Gawn in for a big average but their midfield is interesting. Oliver super consistent but Petracca was pretty amazing last year.
Will all be in top 10 next year. Tracc still has plenty of improvement to go with his kicking and decision making, same with Oliver but to a lesser extent. I think,Gawn averages 125, Tracc 115, Oliver 115. A like Salem as a POD too, if he moves up the ground, closer to the ball he will score very well.

Not SC relevant, but I'm stoked to see Frawley playing for the Saints next year (and hopefully the year after as well).
Maybe players like Coffield and Hunter get a boost from this, but apart from that how awesome to see Frawley's name again on the team sheets.

Think Preus has to be well and truely in the frame.

Surely has to be locked in even as ruck only.

Look at his scores the last 2 years without Gawn compared to with.

2020: 85, 84 vs 19
2019: 140 vs 76, 97, 54, 34, 29, 41

Same story in his Norf games.

He will average 85+ IMO, better if Leon decides to pull his finger out.

Surely has to be locked in even as ruck only.

Look at his scores the last 2 years without Gawn compared to with.

2020: 85, 84 vs 19
2019: 140 vs 76, 97, 54, 34, 29, 41

Same story in his Norf games.

He will average 85+ IMO, better if Leon decides to pull his finger out.
Even if he does average 85 to be anywhere near the top he will need to be upgraded when your missing out on 40+ points a game not having a premo there. Might as well start with 2 premos and be done with it.

Even if he does average 85 to be anywhere near the top he will need to be upgraded when your missing out on 40+ points a game not having a premo there. Might as well start with 2 premos and be done with it.
Assuming you mean Gawn, Grundy or Goldy.

3G technology is on the way out, it's Preuss time.

Yeah I mean you might as well start a premo in every spot and be done with it but you can't can you.

Yeah I mean you might as well start a premo in every spot and be done with it but you can't can you.
I'm not disagreeing with the numbers he should get it's more about trading up later on it is so hard with the rucks during the season. If he has dual position then for sure get him as a forward but I have seen too many of these situations turn to crap. Who knows with Cameron gone he might get swung forward quite a bit at least with Gawn and Grundy you know what your going to get.

I'm not disagreeing with the numbers he should get it's more about trading up later on it is so hard with the rucks during the season. If he has dual position then for sure get him as a forward but I have seen too many of these situations turn to crap. Who knows with Cameron gone he might get swung forward quite a bit at least with Gawn and Grundy you know what your going to get.

Sure, sometimes it's hard to upgrade to the super-premos, but that goes for all lines. Gawndy, Neale and Llyod could easily push 2.8M and I probably won't start all 3.

I think here we have a player who has stepped into a new #1 role, in a position where it is very easy to rack up big scores and has a history of high scoring when he plays that role. I don't think there's going to be really any positional *ery given how far ahead of their other rucks he will be. I mean equally if he drops a couple of tons straight up every campaigner will be burning trades to bring him in.

Sure, sometimes it's hard to upgrade to the super-premos, but that goes for all lines. Gawndy, Neale and Llyod could easily push 2.8M and I probably won't start all 3.

I think here we have a player who has stepped into a new #1 role, in a position where it is very easy to rack up big scores and has a history of high scoring when he plays that role. I don't think there's going to be really any positional f***ery given how far ahead of their other rucks he will be. I mean equally if he drops a couple of tons straight up every campaigner will be burning trades to bring him in.
I'm sure plenty will be tempted to start with him and you can't blame them taking a punt but I have been burnt from doing similar in the past. Next year I will start with Gawn/Grundy and concentrate on having 3 Gun backs and 5 gun mids and take a punt on a few cheapies up forward like Brown and Daniher and hopefully have Dusty and Danger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure plenty will be tempted to start with him and you can't blame them taking a punt but I have been burnt from doing similar in the past. Next year I will start with Gawn/Grundy and concentrate on having 3 Gun backs and 5 gun mids and take a punt on a few cheapies up forward like Brown and Daniher and hopefully have Dusty and Danger.
starting d and d ? hell no, dusty usually good round one, then ave scoring, danger slow starter too, depreciating values , pick them both up aft r10

Last edited:
starting d and d , dusty usually good round one, then ave scoring, danger slow starter too, depreciating values , pick them both up aft r10
Totally agree .....Danger on the "NO" list all season .....trade-in Dusty at the business end of the season

Dusty doesn't get out of bed till R16 of a normal season

Totally agree .....Danger on the "NO" list all season .....trade-in Dusty at the business end of the season

Dusty doesn't get out of bed till R16 of a normal season
This is mostly true with Dusty but I love him and is my first picked :hearteyes:
Danger hopefully will play more midfield next year with Jeremy Cameron there if he is Forward I will start with him.

You're talking about the top 2 overall scorers (Grundy & Gawn) in any position over the last few years though. I'd sooner cut corners on any other line.

There’s a fair few underpriced mids next year.

Yeo 89.9ppg
Kennedy 95.6
Sloane 87.8
Taranto 84.4
Crouch 83.3
Ward 76.3

you could make a case that picking one mega premo (Oliver, Neale, Fyfe) and Gawn to cover your loophole and a bunch of these guys is a good starting strategy.

I am only considering touching

Yeo/Taranto if they have a FULL preseason.

Rest are past their prime unfortunately.

I think here we have a player who has stepped into a new #1 role, in a position where it is very easy to rack up big scores and has a history of high scoring when he plays that role. I don't think there's going to be really any positional f***ery given how far ahead of their other rucks he will be. I mean equally if he drops a couple of tons straight up every campaigner will be burning trades to bring him in.

You should at start least two of them for a locked C each week though.....

You can make a case to start with all 4 of them. But it is also dependent on how many rookies there are and how you wanna approach the game. Some posters have some success filling up with midpricers.

Anyways:
Lloyd never goes super big or super low. The seagull is consistent. Just start with him and not worry over the next 21 rounds on how to get him.

Grundy its probably an under priced ruckman considering how bad he was this year.

Gawn/Neale are just scoring SC studs. Honestly with 2.8mill all up for those 4 isn't too bad. Just gotta cut down in some other lines.

You should at start least two of them for a locked C each week though.....

You can make a case to start with all 4 of them. But it is also dependent on how many rookies there are and how you wanna approach the game. Some posters have some success filling up with midpricers.

Anyways:
Lloyd never goes super big or super low. The seagull is consistent. Just start with him and not worry over the next 21 rounds on how to get him.

Grundy its probably an under priced ruckman considering how bad he was this year.

Gawn/Neale are just scoring SC studs. Honestly with 2.8mill all up for those 4 isn't too bad. Just gotta cut down in some other lines.

Oh I will be running 2 or probably 3 of them. I just think with Preuss, barring injury, here is basically a free 200k. No brainer for me but I understand why others might want to start 4 SPs, especially with the potential for another mid complicating things at the Dogs. Danger another year older, Fyfe probably 50/50 mid forward and Cripps' shitshow last year makes things a bit more fraught on the rest of the C options as well.

Laird- not afraid to win his own footy
Milera- afraid to win his own footy
This should help.
Yes, different strategy for me next year.
Usually I start a thin backline, very tight budget, but am willing to pay for defenders in 2021.
Starting Lloyd, Laird, Ryan, and one of Ridley or Stewart.

Yes, different strategy for me next year.
Usually I start a thin backline, very tight budget, but am willing to pay for defenders in 2021.
Starting Lloyd, Laird, Ryan, and one of Ridley or Stewart.
I'm going stacked mids and rucks.
El cheapo forwards and defenders.
Not exactly a mid price team
Not exactly guns and rookies either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back