Strategy Official 2021 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be a better starting combination?
Heeney F3 & Milera D5 or
B Brown F3 & McDonald D5
Have to disagree with most of the replies you've had. To me it's clearly McDonald and Brown.
Heeney and Milera have failed to live up to expectations year after year. Last season McDonald settled into a role that makes him a must have this season at great value. Brown is also incredibly cheap for a two time Coleman Medalist and is a great pick.

I would like to vent about the ruck positions.
The scoring gives too much value to ruckman.
It's a better game when the top ruckman average 90 to 100 .
You can then use that money on more interesting players.
No offence to ruckman who were born that way and can't help it.
Its all about picking the best ruckman available and then making a successful team afterwards.
The cheaper ruckman may be good for an easy 100-150k but rarely provide real value when trying to upgrade to the best 1-2 in the league.
You'll end up spending 2-3 trades and value on 2-3 players for a guy you should have started with.

Similar to a defender that takes kickouts a ruckman with hitouts is a unique way to get points vs other players.
The good ruckman also play a different role on field outside of just the contest eg midfield, defender or forward and that's what distinguishes them over the 'lower' priced players. In doing this they also take points away from other positions on field who would normally be doing that job so it all evens out in the side.

Nobody is stopping you from picking either way but there's obviously pros and cons for both.

I would like to vent about the ruck positions.
The scoring gives too much value to ruckman.
It's a better game when the top ruckman average 90 to 100 .
You can then use that money on more interesting players.
No offence to ruckman who were born that way and can't help it.

This is extremely true. In a reasonable scoring system, guys like Rhys Stanley, Tim English, Sam Naismith, Scott Lycett should not be 95+ ppg players.

Even Sam Jacobs averaged 96 ppg last year, and he was so bad he couldn't get a game ahead of Shane Mumford and retired with a year left on his contract.

This is extremely true. In a reasonable scoring system, guys like Rhys Stanley, Tim English, Sam Naismith, Scott Lycett should not be 95+ ppg players.

Even Sam Jacobs averaged 96 ppg last year, and he was so bad he couldn't get a game ahead of Shane Mumford and retired with a year left on his contract.
I think the scoring system as in the allocation of points is fine. Even for rucks.

Its the KOTD thats out of control. Its manipulation of results. Where the results combined are our weekly scores.

He looks value but I'm worried he's going to be tagger or defensive tackler type.
Anyway that optimistic interview has convinced me and I'll start him and Ben Brown.
I can't have Danihar, I've actually had him the last two years but he has absolutely murdered me.

He looks value but I'm worried he's going to be tagger or defensive tackler type.
Anyway that optimistic interview has convinced me and I'll start him and Ben Brown.
I can't have Danihar, I've actually had him the last two years but he has absolutely murdered me.
What's your guestimate on Ladhams this year ......Averaging 96 B4 his indiscretion, finished 85.6 ave

Can he crack 100 ave this year ?

What's your guestimate on Ladhams this year ......Averaging 96 B4 his indiscretion, finished 85.6 ave

Can he crack 100 ave this year ?
I think he's good value for sure but keen on Marshall as well.
Scoring for rucks may have been slighty distorted last year due to reduced quarters.
I may pick him if he has solid job security.
He should average 90?

I think he's good value for sure but keen on Marshall as well.
Scoring for rucks may have been slighty distorted last year due to reduced quarters.
I may pick him if he has solid job security.
$100K price differential in pricing ......2021 could be Ladhams breakout year, ala Marshall

Just depends on his Ruck minutes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not, I repeat, do not pick Ladhams. He'll be second ruck all year, that role is an absolute Supercoach graveyard.

I can see now that Ladhams only scored well with Lycett out of the side .....obviously Lycett on his return from injury in R11 was "eased" back into the side as a fwd/ruck

This has ruined a very cunning plan :straining:

1610086706462.png 1610086857243.png

Is Milera in your team?
Every year at this time of the season .....but usually doesn't make the final cut

May happen again this year if Franklin lines up R1 .....but will Buddy be "managed" thru the season

Potential owners of Daniher will need to ask similar questions

Including finals Ladhams averaged 65 ppg in his last 5 games, all of which were played in that second ruck role. Priced at an average of 85 ppg. Unless Ladhams and Sam Hayes both do ACL's before Round 1, he's miles overpriced.

Every year at this time of the season .....but usually doesn't make the final cut

May happen again this year if Franklin lines up R1 .....but will Buddy be "managed" thru the season

Potential owners of Daniher will need to ask similar questions

I took him out of my team yesterday I had way too many players coming back from injury so I got rid of the 2 most expensive Milera & Heppell. With a bit of rejigging I was able to get McDonald and Atkins as their replacements. One should be a premo keeper averaged 118 the last 10 games last year and the other is cheap enough if he averages his career average of 75 might get to high $300s by round 8 and upgrade to a premo.

GWS Giants: “No doubt there will be some change up in some player positions as well (in 2021)” Giants senior coach Leon Cameron

GWS Giants: “Ball movement was stifled (in 2020) & we need to.. find ways of speeding that up a little bit” Giants senior coach Leon Cameron

GWS Giants: “No doubt there will be some change up in some player positions as well (in 2021)” Giants senior coach Leon Cameron

GWS Giants: “Ball movement was stifled (in 2020) & we need to.. find ways of speeding that up a little bit” Giants senior coach Leon Cameron
Can that be interpreted as Whitfield having free reign across half back in a seagull-esque role and feeding the ball to Jelly to kick inside 50.

Can that be interpreted as Whitfield having free reign across half back in a seagull-esque role and feeding the ball to Jelly to kick inside 50.
Whitfield off HB was my first thought too

Who are GWS's quick players? .......could Greene finally be Midfield bound ?

Whitfield off HB was my first thought too

Who are GWS's quick players? .......could Greene finally be Midfield bound ?
Tbh their list is pretty average. Lachie Ash is lighting quick and plays a lot like Zac Williams but is only 2nd year. If they want to play quick, reckon they'll just be feeding it to Whitfield and Jelly on the outside of the stoppage. Greene's a good shout, their midfields too one paced.

So real quick one, had a fast look at blokes coming in unders based on 2021 start price vs 2020.
Prob missed a few.
Anyone wants the file, sing out, but not really anything exciting in it, just numbers for wonks like me.
image-3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back