Strategy Official 2021 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to get a read on where players sit based on 2km time trials and training sessions where everyone is flying.

We'll get a better idea once teams start playing their intraclub games. When are those starting btw?
Teams are all doing bits and pieces of match sim. Dees did an hour of a practice game. Tracc dominated, Brown kicked goals. should start looking at clubs pre season threads here as there are some crazy diehard fans going to trainings and making really good reports.

I was talking about intra-club/match sims, not inter-club matches.
I haven't quite followed the terminology .......but the two games scheduled for each club are both against opposition clubs, but one is called an interclub, the other a PS match ....they seem the same to me

Match SIMS are being played now by most clubs

It's hard to get a read on where players sit based on 2km time trials and training sessions where everyone is flying.

We'll get a better idea once teams start playing their intraclub games. When are those starting btw?
Sounds like there were a few this week.

It won’t tell you much.

Sounds like there were a few this week.

It won’t tell you much.
All good info, but I wish these reports were less obsessed with goal scorers and gave more details on other aspects of the game.

Alf for attention...
5142a00b85f9f83b0753769d6af9aa98.jpg

Ok now START NOAH BALTA

thanks

Intra- means within or inside.

Intra-club = match sims
Reading further, one official match (2nd) ....the intra-club is the 1st game between clubs in their own state ....with clubs determining amongst themselves #Qts, #bench players, and Qtr length

I'm just an underpaid messenger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading further, one official match (2nd) ....the intra-club is the 1st game between clubs in their own state ....with clubs determining amongst themselves #Qts, #bench players, and Qtr length

lol you're giving me a headache. By definition two separate clubs cannot have an intra-club game, regardless of what the AFL website "Staff Writers" have you believe. Intra-State practice games are nothing new though.

Would some vic teams have 3 practice games? Official AAMI one, the unofficial but official intra-state one, and a smaller hitout. Because normally they have the two official ones and a small unofficial game.

A slightly confused unpaid messenger :)

Intra-club matches are the ones many clubs are starting to have now, training matches where they split their list into two teams which play fairly full scaled matches against each other.

Inter-club matches are played between two different clubs. Both the preseason matches will be inter-club ones. The first a practice match where the teams decide on the conditions and the second the formal pre-season match where teams must follow the conditions that will be in place for the season proper.

A slightly confused unpaid messenger :)

Intra-club matches are the ones many clubs are starting to have now, training matches where they split their list into two teams which play fairly full scaled matches against each other.

Inter-club matches are played between two different clubs. Both the preseason matches will be inter-club ones. The first a practice match where the teams decide on the conditions and the second the formal pre-season match where teams must follow the conditions that will be in place for the season proper.

flying cat mistake.gif

Nothing to do with the footy:

Hottest 100: Was it always a weekend thing?
Thought it was always run and won on Australia Day regardless of the day of the week, but seems it took place yesterday this year.

Nothing to do with the footy:

Hottest 100: Was it always a weekend thing?
Thought it was always run and won on Australia Day regardless of the day of the week, but seems it took place yesterday this year.

They changed it a few years back, it's just fourth saturday of January now.

Is anyone getting a feeling unplanned opportunities are starting to bob to the surface .....

New names ....a few cheap potential rucks ...a few rookies we may not have anticipated

There's always enough rookies.

Teams are all doing bits and pieces of match sim. Dees did an hour of a practice game. Tracc dominated, Brown kicked goals. should start looking at clubs pre season threads here as there are some crazy diehard fans going to trainings and making really good reports.

This is well and good, but you have to remember that the diehard fans are typically diehard one-eyed nuffies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back