Strategy Official 2021 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's exactly why I did the smart thing and didn't start with Neale this year. Macrae the far safer bet in that price range.

Never underestimate how stubborn and stupid AFL coaches can be.

Only slowing down now because of compressed fixtures and they are confirmed top 4. Can you really miss out on the great start he has had for the last 2 seasons. You need it to win the 50k.

Tom green aka the next clarry pig at m6
God he looked good on the weekend

Give him the keys to the kingdom giants
Clarry made the jump from 70-110 in year 2 not saying green will go that good but god he and Rowell will be tempting
Everyone will pick Rowell imo (me included). It will be too risky not too if he goes as well as this year and no reason to think he won't. Assume he's priced 400ish with an injury discount.

Everyone will pick Rowell imo (me included). It will be too risky not too if he goes as well as this year and no reason to think he won't. Assume he's priced 400ish with an injury discount.

400k seems way too low even with a sizeable discount. His 2020 average is 102.4 from 5 games. How much of a discount can we expect for him 30% 20% 15% 10% ?

400k seems way too low even with a sizeable discount. His 2020 average is 102.4 from 5 games. How much of a discount can we expect for him 30% 20% 15% 10% ?
Based on number of games played, he SHOULD get a 30% discount. However, they use their discretion when applying discounts. Titch was out for the whole year because he broke his leg but didn't get a full 30% discount because they didn't want to make it too easy for us.

Edit: Just looked it up and they only gave Titch a 10% discount. Starting price would have been $700600 without it.

Based on number of games played, he SHOULD get a 30% discount. However, they use their discretion when applying discounts. Titch was out for the whole year because he broke his leg but didn't get a full 30% discount because they didn't want to make it too easy for us.

Edit: Just looked it up and they only gave Titch a 10% discount. Starting price would have been $700600 without it.

If 2020 prices are any indication Rowell will be priced around...

10% ~ 500k
15% ~ 470k
20% ~ 445k
30% ~ 390k

At 390k everyone starts with him at M5 and he's essentially obsolete. At 500k he'd be somewhat of a POD so probably somewhere in the middle. If I had to guess, I'd say CD gives him a 20% discount.

10% ~ 500k
15% ~ 470k
20% ~ 445k
30% ~ 390k

At 390k everyone starts with him at M5 and he's essentially obsolete. At 500k he'd be somewhat of a POD so probably somewhere in the middle. If I had to guess, I'd say CD gives him a 20% discount.
You're probably right, they were campaigners with Titch's price this year though.

It'll be interesting to see what they do regarding prices next season, as there are a lot of rookies getting a few games this season and with clubs not getting a look at a lot of junior footy there will probably be less drafted this year meaning a lack of rookie priced players.

Mid priced madness might be the way to go, your time to shine Andrew! (no pressure)

10% ~ 500k
15% ~ 470k
20% ~ 445k
30% ~ 390k

That equates to a 75% chance that CD are a bunch incompetent campaigners

homerodds.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting premos next year -

Def: Lloyd Stewart Whitfield McDonald
Mid: Neale Macrae Oliver Bontempelli Lyons
Ruck: Gawn Grundy
Forward: Sidebottom Dunkley Marshall (Fyfe if he's a forward)

Most of these lads, dependant of course on preseason form, injuries, change in roles, etc.

Starting premos next year -

Def: Lloyd Stewart Whitfield McDonald
Mid: Neale Macrae Oliver Bontempelli Lyons
Ruck: Gawn Grundy
Forward: Sidebottom Dunkley Marshall (Fyfe if he's a forward)

Most of these lads, dependant of course on preseason form, injuries, change in roles, etc.

You'll never fit them all in under the $10 million dollar salary cap.

This is who I'm thinking of definitely starting next season -

D - Lloyd, Whitfield

M - Neale, Oliver, Bont, Rowell

R - Gawn, Grundy

F - Marshall, Sidebottom, Dunkley

Will fill the rest of the spots with mid pricers and rookies and another premo down back.

You'll never fit them all in under the $10 million dollar salary cap.
yeah of course. i'd have to cut 2-3 from that list of starters. but thats my shortlist for each line. at this stage i'd probably cut lyons and maybe Gawn cos he'll start the year so expensive (Marshall in rucks to start the season). idk . like i said depends on injuries, preseason form, etc.

D - Lloyd, Whitfield

R - Gawn, Grundy

Will fill the rest of the spots with mid pricers and rookies and another premo down back.
this is pretty spot on tbh. rowell is a good shout. i honestly think mcdonald as well if he plays the same role in their team as he did later on this season.

Hasn't there been a s**t load of debuts this year? If we get list cuts as well, there won't be that many rookies. I reckon we'll be forced to take more mid-pricers next year.

D - Lloyd, Whitfield

R - Gawn, Grundy

All of those guys will be at the top of most coaches 2021 shopping lists. Got to be realistic though. Off the top off my head that's 6.5M+ for 11 players. You'll be lucky to squeeze in 19 rookies with the remaining cap space let alone any mid pricers. Will there even be 19 worthwhile rookie priced players selected for Rd1 in the positions we need them?

D - Lloyd, Whitfield

R - Gawn, Grundy

No way you start Neale unless his early draw is very good. With a return to longer game time he'll be horribly overpriced. Macrae a much better bet.

Mind you that strategy worked out great this season for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back