Strategy Official 2021 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going stacked mids and rucks.
El cheapo forwards and defenders.
Not exactly a mid price team
Not exactly guns and rookies either.
Given the new rules regarding kick in space i can see the gun scoring defenders holding or gaining in price, very few others do historically

Given the new rules regarding kick in space i can see the gun scoring defenders holding or gaining in price, very few others do historically
I think the mids will be interesting this year.
Past neale and Oliver.
Every other mid has question Marks.
I can't wait to see the prices.

I'm going to load up down back. Lloyd, Laird (assuming he keeps DEF) and Daniel are locks, then either Zilliams or Milera (or both depending on where the rookies are and what Milera's price is)

Neale, Oliver/Trac, Titch and Taranto are locked in in the middle (maybe also Steele)

I'll go cheap in the ruck. That's either 2 cheapies (Marshall/Preuss/Darcy/Draper) or Grundy + a cheapie. Gawn is priced at way overs for my liking, get him when he drops

BigO (assuming he keeps FWD), Toby Greene and De Goey are locked in as mid price forwards

When does the Team Picker come out?

I'm going to load up the backline and in the guts. Hopefully can then go a Grundy/Marshall Pruess combo. Gonna run a 1-2 premo forward line. Will Petracca keep dpp? If so, I like him and De goey with a midpricer then rookies.

Longmuir: Valente in the midfield mix

Fremantle are set to see another exciting young midfielder make the step up to AFL level in 2021 with Luke Valente impressing senior coach Justin Longmuir with his attitude both on and off the training track.

He said the 20-year-old was a victim of circumstance in 2020, where non-selected players could only take part in occasional scratch matches with limited opportunities to push for selection.

“Luke came to the club with some groin issues (in 2019) and he probably got on top of that early this year. He was able to progress and get his training loads up to an AFL level towards the end of the year. His fitness is at AFL level now,” Longmuir said.

We’re really impressed with the way Luke is growing in his football career. There was some real consideration into giving him a go at AFL level. We felt like he deserved an opportunity at AFL level this year but there was probably too many midfielders going well

Longmuir: Valente in the midfield mix

Fremantle are set to see another exciting young midfielder make the step up to AFL level in 2021 with Luke Valente impressing senior coach Justin Longmuir with his attitude both on and off the training track.

He said the 20-year-old was a victim of circumstance in 2020, where non-selected players could only take part in occasional scratch matches with limited opportunities to push for selection.

“Luke came to the club with some groin issues (in 2019) and he probably got on top of that early this year. He was able to progress and get his training loads up to an AFL level towards the end of the year. His fitness is at AFL level now,” Longmuir said.

We’re really impressed with the way Luke is growing in his football career. There was some real consideration into giving him a go at AFL level. We felt like he deserved an opportunity at AFL level this year but there was probably too many midfielders going well

lol Longmuir is the new Ross

We do need some contingency plans around our forward line and especially our tall forwards. We’ve probably only got two genuine tall forwards on our list in Matt Taberner and Rory Lobb.

“Nat Fyfe will spend a little bit more time forward to give us that aerial contest.” Dockers senior coach Justin Longmuir in early December via Fremantle Media.

We do need some contingency plans around our forward line and especially our tall forwards. We’ve probably only got two genuine tall forwards on our list in Matt Taberner and Rory Lobb.

“Nat Fyfe will spend a little bit more time forward to give us that aerial contest.” Dockers senior coach Justin Longmuir in early December via Fremantle Media.

Can see Fyfe playing full time forward

Darcy, Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong will be the best midfield quartet for the next 10+ years

Brayshaw will average 120 soon, all contested, big tackle count, couple years away but

Seriously looking at starting Darcy at R2

Darcy, Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong will be the best midfield quartet for the next 10+ years

Brayshaw will average 120 soon, all contested, big tackle count, couple years away but

Is your BF layout stuffed ? ......I've got this sidebar just popped up, that's normally my header?

Yeah I think Fyfe as an SP is done now with Freo's mids shaping up as they are. Will still go large but a lot more <90 games. Won't be picking Walters anymore for the same reason.

While i'd love to, Lobb kills it for me. Yes he will play primarily forward but IMO it'll be more of a 70/30 split not the 85%+ ruck time you get with the genuine gun rucks.

Is your BF layout stuffed ? ......I've got this sidebar just popped up, that's normally my header?
Yeah it was, fixed now. Like they were testing a new format or something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serong entices me, could be dangerous but could easily average 100-105 this season.

So with the later draft this year surely these young draftees won't play many games next year and also because they couldn't play this year even the high draft picks might be held back. Next year might be better to go mid pricers to start with instead of guns and rookies.

So with the later draft this year surely these young draftees won't play many games next year and also because they couldn't play this year even the high draft picks might be held back. Next year might be better to go mid pricers to start with instead of guns and rookies.

With that in mind, there are still 29 rookies from the 2019 draft that didn't debut in 2020 and a further 11 played 2 games or less who will receive a 30% discount off their meager 2020 averages. A further 8 rookies from previous drafts that debuted and played 2 games or less in 2020 will also receive said 30% discount in 2021. There might be a few more that I missed. Need to keep an eye out on these rookies during pre-season.

Drafted 2019 - Uncapped - 2021 prices = $123,900 or less

Miles Bergman (#14) Port Adelaide
Cooper Stephens (#16) Geelong
Brodie Kemp (#17) Carlton
Sam de Koning (#19) Geelong
Dylan Williams (#23) Port Adelaide
Jackson Mead (#25) Port Adelaide
Will Gould (#26) Sydney
Josh Worrell (#28) Adelaide
Harrison Jones (#30) Essendon
Charlie Comben (#31) North
Brock Smith (#33) Brisbane
Nick Bryan (#38) Essendon
Jay Rantell (#40) Collingwood
Francis Evans (#41) Geelong
Ronin O'Conner (#42) Adelaide
Noah Cumberland (#43) Richmond
William Martyn (#44) Richmond
Trent Bianco (#45) Collingwood
Hugo Ralphsmith (#46) Richmond
Sam Ramsay (#47) Carlton
Lachlan Gollant (#48) Adelaide
Callum Jamieson (#49) West Coast
Cameron Taheny (#50) Geelong
Bigoa Nyuon (#54) Richmond
Ben Johnson (#58) West Coast
Jaxon Prior (#59) Brisbane
Riley Garcia (#62) Bulldogs
Lachlan Johnson (#63) Essendon
Leo Connolly (#64) St Kilda

2019 Draftees - Played 2 games or less in 2020 (subject to 30% Discount in 2021)

Louis Butler (#53) Bulldogs (2020 average = 51.0)
Sam Philp (#20) Carlton (45.5)
Thompson Dow (#21) Richmond (34.0)
Chad Warner (#39) Sydney (33.5)
Jeremy Sharp (#27) GCS (33.0)
Deven Robertson (#22) Brisbane (2020 average = 47.0)
Jy Farrah (#60) GCS (49.0)
Tom Huchesson (#65) GWS (36.0)
Finn Maginness (#29) Hawthorn (52)
Ryan Byrnes (#52) St Kilda (22.0)
Josh Honey (#3 R) Carlton (16.0)

Drafted prior to 2019 - Played 2 games or less in 2020 (subject to 30% Discount in 2021)
(assuming they're all still listed)

Conor Ballenden Brisbane (2020 average = 34.0)
Tom Fullarton - Brisbane (30.0)
Mark Keane - Collingwood (42.0)
Will Kelly - Collingwood (36.0)
Jordan Butts - Adelaide (47.0)
Jack Buckley - GWS (59.5)
Zac Foot - Sydney (45.5)
Toby Bedford - Melbourne (25.5)

With that in mind, there are still 29 rookies from the 2019 draft that didn't debut in 2020 and a further 11 played 2 games or less who will receive a 30% discount off their meager 2020 averages. A further 8 rookies from previous drafts that debuted and played 2 games or less in 2020 will also receive said 30% discount in 2021. There might be a few more that I missed. Need to keep an eye out on these rookies during pre-season.

Will Gould (#26) Sydney
Sam Ramsay (#47) Carlton

2019 Draftees - Played 2 games or less in 2020 (subject to 30% Discount in 2021)

Drafted prior to 2019 - Played 2 games or less in 2020 (subject to 30% Discount in 2021)

Zac Foot - Sydney (45.5)

Great list of info there mate. :thumbsu: Probably I'm more saying that even the players already on the lists from this year won't have had the match time and are pretty much almost a year behind. I think plenty of teams will be hesitant to play many young guys with the higher chance of injury from not have the match fitness. I hope I'm wrong but there might not be many that play a lot of games next year we might see a lot of 2-5 games played.

Will Gould (#26) Sydney
Sam Ramsay (#47) Carlton

Zac Foot - Sydney (45.5)
Splendid work kenty..thats like picking a solid turd out of a fully loaded :poo::truck:

God bless our cinnamon scented anooz 🌷:moustache:

Small list sizes might offset this a bit? The teams that get a few injuries might have no choice but to play some rookies?

How much smaller are the lists going to be next year?
The maximum list size for next year have been reduced from 47 to 44 which includes the ability to list up to two Category B rookies.

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up by as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four-to-six Category A rookies and two Category B rookies.

The maximum list size for next year have been reduced from 47 to 44 which includes the ability to list up to two Category B rookies.

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up by as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four-to-six Category A rookies and two Category B rookies.

So 42+2 CatB's. No difference in selection eligibility between Primary listed and Category A listed rookies. Bunch of teams have already moved several of their experienced primary listed players onto the rookie list for 2021. We still have the mid season supplementary draft if a team is unfortunate enough to cop a catastrophic injury run where they lose 15+ players before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back