AE Official AE15 Launch - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I'd pimp your 'CR like' AFL version of AE... still running it this year Bucketss? I wanna be involved (strictly as as a participant).
The AFL version of AE is firing on all cylinders for 2016! Having a bit of a reboot season. (Lost all seasons data) also refined a lot of things and focusing on quality this season.

Sent about 12 first round invites out just in the last 20 minutes or so in fact. Max of 24 players this season. As long as there is no objections, I'm going to give Hot Streak a whirl and also a LCS spinoff where matches are drawn randomly. 3KO gets the Survivor twist but no bonus lifes awarded, also just one team per week. Also borrowed most of GG.exe wording in the FAQ thread to make it easy to understand for regular folk

If anyone is interested in giving it a 23 week commitment then PM your email and I'll be happy to include you in the second round of invites. Includes a document outlining everything.

Previous participants from AE include bgt2110 and peterbuch74

Blacky did a Phillyroo for the season last year so he doesn't count.

Can we construct some sort of financial incentive in the way of another competition or something to ensure that everyone is active after they somehow are out of contention??

Had the impression the HRS and Hot Streak allows for such without being complex (too much work). The 'monthly comp' of Feature games is very involved. May as well take out a weekly multi..

The AFL version of AE is firing on all cylinders for 2016! Having a bit of a reboot season. (Lost all seasons data) also refined a lot of things and focusing on quality this season.

Sent about 12 first round invites out just in the last 20 minutes or so in fact. Max of 24 players this season. As long as there is no objections, I'm going to give Hot Streak a whirl and also a LCS spinoff where matches are drawn randomly. 3KO gets the Survivor twist but no bonus lifes awarded, also just one team per week. Also borrowed most of GG.exe wording in the FAQ thread to make it easy to understand for regular folk

If anyone is interested in giving it a 23 week commitment then PM your email and I'll be happy to include you in the second round of invites. Includes a document outlining everything.

Previous participants from AE include bgt2110 and peterbuch74

Blacky did a Phillyroo for the season last year so he doesn't count.

Happy to recommend this AFL version of AE. Numbers continue to grow each year and Bucketts is implementing some great things. Join in and have some fun, it is the only way to play AE for 9 months of the year :thumbsu:

Happy to recommend this AFL version of AE. Numbers continue to grow each year and Bucketts is implementing some great things. Join in and have some fun, it is the only way to play AE for 9 months of the year :thumbsu:
Yeah you are right, but we have people still throwing in the towel in after week 10. Maybe its best to ask those who throw the towel in, what would make them stay in it.

As a lifelong Jets fan, Sundays already sucked for me - so thanks for piling it on and completely ruining my Sundays by allowing me to join AE15, where each week I sweated the unsweatable: The Browns, The 9ers......and every other shite team.

Loved the comp this year guys - many thanks to all especially bgt2110, Woodson, JeffDunne, Broken, GG and everyone else who chipped in.
Big congrats to all the winners. 15th in my CR rookie season isn't bad, but its a good launching pad for next year. Enjoy Summer boys........

Yep. Thanks to all involved and particularly those behind the scenes. It's a great comp and I look forward to rejoining next season.

Until then, be well.

Maybe its best to ask those who throw the towel in, what would make them stay in it.

My guess, better tipping and some backbone.

Hell...

Maybe even some appreciation and respect for the people who put in bloody hard work to run a fantastic comp for everyone?

I mean when Woodson is asking you will you be tipping this week and you just flat ignore him, scum, unappreciative crybaby scum is all you are.

He does all the graphics, makes all the fixtures for CR and then you have people making his life difficult because its too hard for them to click their mouse on some selections each week cause they are going no good? Awwww, didums. Tell me how much Woodson and JD make every year running this comp again?

Quit strike policy required. If you quit 3 different years without reason, life ban. Keep ya money m8, youre not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Oh god, here we go. You can attack me all you want but I am see a small problem with the league, and I am just opening it up for discussion and ideas.

My guess, better tipping and some backbone.
This is a dick comment first of all. adelaidecrows won the comp a few years ago and this year is at the bottom of the comp, I know him pretty well and he is a super nice guy. I bet 80% of the comp believes they coulda won the comp if it was not for about 10 results that swung in the final 2 minutes of the game.

Maybe even some appreciation and respect for the people who put in bloody hard work to run a fantastic comp for everyone?

I mean when Woodson is asking you will you be tipping this week and you just flat ignore him, scum, unappreciative crybaby scum is all you are.
Some people have higher priorities in life when they can no longer compete in an online tipping comp that cost $50. You may call it scummy, but who the hell are you to judge on people when you have NFI what their life is like.

uit strike policy required. If you quit 3 different years without reason, life ban. Keep ya money m8, youre not worth the hassle.
I like the fact you have a solution, the problem with it is they have slightly degraded 3 comps before they are actually removed. I would rather not allow them back after 2 different years
Maybe if you quit the competition you must pay $50 fine in order to come back. If you do not pay, whoever referred you must pay this. If nobody refers you, you must pay a $50 "no leave" deposit upon entering the comp. Fine Money can go toward the fine organisers of the comp.

Another idea is in ND you have an extra playoff round, adding more entrants into the playoffs. Everybody likes the playoffs.

Oh god, here we go. You can attack me all you want but I am see a small problem with the league, and I am just opening it up for discussion and ideas.

This is a dick comment first of all. adelaidecrows won the comp a few years ago and this year is at the bottom of the comp, I know him pretty well and he is a super nice guy. I bet 80% of the comp believes they coulda won the comp if it was not for about 10 results that swung in the final 2 minutes of the game.

Some people have higher priorities in life when they can no longer compete in an online tipping comp that cost $50. You may call it scummy, but who the hell are you to judge on people when you have NFI what their life is like.

I like the fact you have a solution, the problem with it is they have slightly degraded 3 comps before they are actually removed. I would rather not allow them back after 2 different years
Maybe if you quit the competition you must pay $50 fine in order to come back. If you do not pay, whoever referred you must pay this. If nobody refers you, you must pay a $50 "no leave" deposit upon entering the comp. Fine Money can go toward the fine organisers of the comp.

Another idea is in ND you have an extra playoff round, adding more entrants into the playoffs. Everybody likes the playoffs.

Errr. I wasn't talking about you friend, just answering a question you asked. I wasn't even aware you missed a week this season. .... how awkward

How about a wooden spoon award then people can start tipping to try and finish last?:D

One suggestion would be to have a skeleton tipping system where people have to put in their tipping for the whole season at the start of the season. This can be tweaked throughout the season. This would also be good for weeks where people forget to tip.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have ideas. now is not the time. roughly, everything stays the same. but, add or tweak some things (manual comps, not the website ones) to ensure people stay active. i have ideas. now is not the time.

You're such a tweaker, gg...

You're such a tweaker, gg...

latest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back