Official Bigfooty NBA week 1 thread, (The) - Jordan vs Lebron

Remove this Banner Ad

Jimmy Butler was booed by some fans of the Minnesota Timberwolves as he was introduced on Friday night, but ended up receiving "MVP" chants by the end of the game after scoring 33 points.

Peak.

LeBron is undoubtedly a very talented, especially athletically, player; I have never questioned that. But his repertoire of 'moves' are merely variations of aggressively attacking the rim like a Mack Truck and if he can't finish with a dunk/put back/jumper he kicks the ball out to an open team mate. Rinse-repeat x 100.

His so-called IQ is widely overrated by his nut-huggers and because of its predictability completely destroyed by teams that can match his in talent and that actually bother to play as a team (i.e Dubs).

He is so successful against 24 or so NBA teams because he is just so much more physically superior and talented to the other 450+ NBA players and overwhelms them in that way.

But when you honestly analyze his game without the cultish goggles of his fanbois, there isn't much 'sophistication'/'intelligence' to it. Certainly not in the same realm that Hakeem, Kareem etc... inhabit much less Magic and Jordan.

Just my 2 cents, no need to be triggered by a different opinion on LaQueen. He won't be winning any more titles from this point forward, he should retire and salvage the reputation he has left right now as the dude is embarrassing himself at the Lakers.

Welcome to BigFooty, Skip!

Knew I was forgetting someone.

Simmons, Bogut, Longley, Mills, Ingles. That would be your 5 I would imagine.

Ingles has already surpassed Mills and probably Bogut.

Bogut had a decent 1 or two seasons where he was talked about in the same circles as the other DPOY candidates and he had some OK offensive stretches between injuries at the Bucks.

Ingles could legit be an All-Star this year, is probably in the best 30 players in the league atm and is one of the leaders in a top 5 team in the league.

If it wasn’t for Simmons he’d be the goat for sure.

Exum will also surpass Mills as early as the end of the year as well. Fair chance he displaces Rubio as a starter by the end of the year.

Dallas put up over 50 3pt attempts today
Do you guys actually enjoy watching that style of play?

I do. Better to watch 3s than mid-rangers.

As a fan of a team somehow still playing a high-ratio mid-range game with a squad of poor mid-range shooters, give me extra threes any day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bogut had a decent 1 or two seasons where he was talked about in the same circles as the other DPOY candidates and he had some OK offensive stretches between injuries at the Bucks.

Ingles could legit be an All-Star this year, is probably in the best 30 players in the league atm and is one of the leaders in a top 5 team in the league.

Exum will also surpass Mills as early as the end of the year as well. Fair chance he displaces Rubio as a starter by the end of the year.
Calm down. Ingles has played two good games this season and you're already anointing him as a top 30 player?

Little bit of recency bias in this I reckon from Ingles barnstorming 2 game start that will not continue and a really good role on the Jazz including playoffs last year while Bogut and Mills are both on the downslope.

Bogut was an elite defender from 2009 to 2016 and okay on offense, Ingles has been very good on offense and solid on defense for maybe a season and a half. Ingles isn't even near overtaking Bogut from a career POV for mine.

The Patty comparison is fair. Ingles peak form of the past year is better than Patty's peak I'd say but Patty's longevity and role played on a championship calibre team over 4 to 5 seasons is a fair hill for Ingles to climb. So depending on how you want to rate those factors puts the other in front.

Still incredible that Ingles is where he is considering he was a nomad who really couldn't seem to get his s**t together, getting by in Euro leagues, has become what he is for the Jazz.

Calm down. Ingles has played two good games this season and you're already anointing him as a top 30 player?

I am calm, try watching him for more than 2 games then, pretty much all the content out of the US atm are backing me up on this.

He’s been a top 5, 3 point shooter for 3 seasons now.

As I said, he’s one of the key players for a contending team.

Was Patty? No.

Was Bogut? No, not really.

He’s a legitimate chance at being an All-Star this year, neither of which the other two got close to being.

Little bit of recency bias in this I reckon from Ingles barnstorming 2 game start that will not continue and a really good role on the Jazz including playoffs last year while Bogut and Mills are both on the downslope.

Bogut was an elite defender from 2009 to 2016 and okay on offense, Ingles has been very good on offense and solid on defense for maybe a season and a half. Ingles isn't even near overtaking Bogut from a career POV for mine.

The Patty comparison is fair. Ingles peak form of the past year is better than Patty's peak I'd say but Patty's longevity and role played on a championship calibre team over 4 to 5 seasons is a fair hill for Ingles to climb. So depending on how you want to rate those factors puts the other in front.

Still incredible that Ingles is where he is considering he was a nomad who really couldn't seem to get his s**t together, getting by in Euro leagues, has become what he is for the Jazz.

I think Ingles has got Patty already, given he's a full-time starter and a bona-fide key player for his team.

Patty has only ever been a role player, albeit for an excellent team. Could be a borderline starter on a poor team, but made a savvy career move sticking with the Spurs.

I think Ingles has got Patty already, given he's a full-time starter and a bona-fide key player for his team.

Patty has only ever been a role player, albeit for an excellent team. Could be a borderline starter on a poor team, but made a savvy career move sticking with the Spurs.

This.

Even with the aging stars at the Spurs, Patty has never been a legitimate starter.

He was a good role player in a good team, sure.

But Delly also falls into this category.

Ingles is on a completely different level to either of them. He’s one of the best contracts in the league atm.

I am calm, try watching him for more than 2 games then, pretty much all the content out of the US atm are backing me up on this.

He’s been a top 5, 3 point shooter for 3 seasons now.

As I said, he’s one of the key players for a contending team.

Was Patty? No.

Was Bogut? No, not really.

He’s a legitimate chance at being an All-Star this year, neither of which the other two got close to being.
He's a good shooter and more than handy at a number of things yes, but I could easily name 30 players better than him right now.

And I agree he's better than Mills. Bogut no. Bogut was a key player on the Warriors and one of the major reasons why they went from laughing stock to what they are now. He may have had serious issues staying healthy, but at his best he was one of the premier defenders in the game and more than handy offensively. Also did it for much longer than Ingles has so far.

I think 50 games could be a struggle.

One of the weirdest LeBron teams
I’ve seen. It just doesn’t make sense from a basketball standpoint. LeBron has been at his best surrounded by shooters and maybe one other playmaker to ease the load off him. They’ve got Rondo and Ball together, they look like they might be able to work if Ball can consistently hit 3s, but even still having those two plus LeBron basically makes one of them useless for large periods of time.

Ingram needs the ball in his hands and honestly I don’t rate him very highly. The rest of their wings aren’t much and they’ve got nowhere near enough rebounding.

Basically reminding me of the Bulls with Rondo, Butler and Wade.

From a results standpoint this could be the 2012-2013 Lakers allover again. A poorly constructed roster with high expectations falling well short and becoming one big drama show.

My read is this is something of a gap year for LeBron. 2 of today’s starters are rentals - Rondo and Javale. Another starter Calwell-Pope is also in his last year and pretty much a rental. It seems they want to see which of the young players are any good, get LeBron settled, get another superstar or two and have a crack next year.

They might be pretty active trading mid season.

I am convinced Durant comes next season and that is why no superstars were signed this year. LeBron with Durant would be deadly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back