BigFooty Official Official BigFooty Phantom Draft - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Order

1. Adelaide - Elijah Hollands
2. North Melbourne - Riley Thilthorpe
3. Western Bulldogs - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (matched bid)
4. Sydney - Logan McDonald
5. Hawthorn - Denver Grainger-Barras
6. Gold Coast - Will Phillips
7. Sydney - Braeden Campbell (matched bid)
8. Essendon - Archie Perkins
9. Essendon - Nikolas Cox
10. Essendon - Nathan O'Driscoll
11. Port Adelaide - Lachie Jones (matched bid)
12. Adelaide - Finlay Macrae
13. GWS - Tanner Bruhn
14. North Melbourne - Zac Reid
15. Fremantle - Heath Chapman
16. Collingwood - Reef McInnes (matched bid)
17. GWS - Oliver Henry
18. GWS - Jack Carroll
19. Collingwood - Eddie Ford
20. Richmond - Brayden Cook
21. Melbourne - Zavier Maher
22. Melbourne - Blake Coleman (unmatched bid)
23. GWS - Errol Gulden (unmatched bid)
24. St Kilda - Sam Berry

25. Adelaide - Caleb Poulter
26. Adelaide - Tom Powell
27. Hawthorn - Jackson Callow
28. Brisbane - Max Heath
29. Gold Coast - Alex Davies (pre-listed selection)
30. Melbourne - Fraser Rosman
31. Fremantle - Brandon Walker (matched bid)
32. GWS - Tom Highmore
33. North Melbourne - Joel Western (unmatched bid)
34. Carlton - Bailey Laurie
35. Richmond - Jack Ginnivan
36. Carlton - Brodie Lake
37. North Melbourne - Oliver Davis
38. Adelaide - Kaine Baldwin

39. Essendon - Liam McMahon
40. Hawthorn - Luke Edwards
41. Hawthorn - Zane Trew
42. Sydney - Shannon Neale
43. Hawthorn - Connor Downie
44. Western Bulldogs - Isiah Winder
45. Geelong - Kalin Lane
46. Brisbane - Jake Bowey
47. Western Bulldogs - Corey Durdin
48. Fremantle - Liam Kolar
49. Fremantle - Finn Gorringe
50. Brisbane - Conor Stone
51. Port Adelaide - Zac Dumesny
52. Richmond - Josh Treacy

53. West Coast - Luke Pedlar
54. Richmond - Maurice Rioli Jnr (matched bid)
55. St Kilda - Jackson Cardillo
56. Essendon - Cody Brand (matched bid)
57. Collingwood - Tariek Newchurch
58. St Kilda - Max Pescud
59. Collingwood - Ollie Lord
60. Sydney - James Borlase
61. Collingwood - Ryan Angwin
62. North Melbourne - Malachy Carruthers
63. Port Adelaide - Phoenix Spicer
64. Gold Coast - Joel Jeffrey (pre-listed selection)
65. Carlton - Charlie Lazzaro
66. West Coast - Max Holmes
67. Geelong - Cam Fleeton

Preseason Draft

1. Adelaide - Jackson Hately

Rookie Draft

1. Adelaide - Henry Smith
2. North Melbourne - Seamus Mitchell
3. Sydney - Dominic Bedendo
4. Hawthorn - Jackson Ramsay
5. Gold Coast - Rhys Nicholls
6. Essendon - Josh Eyre
7. Fremantle - Hugh Dixon
8. Carlton - Riley Holder
9. GWS - Nick Stevens
10. Melbourne - Callum Park
11. Western Bulldogs - Ewan MacPherson
12. West Coast - Jack Avery
13. Collingwood - Taj Schofield
14. St Kilda - Connor Ballenden
15. Brisbane - Carter Michael
16. Port Adelaide - Matthew Allison
17. Geelong - Patrick Walker
18. Richmond - Campbell Edwardes

Last edited:

Pick 42: Sydney Swans – Shannon Neale
Pick #42 Shannon Neale - South Fremantle
Ruckman
202cm / 91kg

Sydney get their future no1 ruckman. Sinclair is a competitor but hardly a dominant ruckman of the competition and there are question marks over Naismiths body. The swans desperately need someone who can give them control in the centre and around stoppages. Neale is that guy, while being an incredibly raw prospect he is extremely gifted athletically and has great upside. Neale has an excellent vertical leap off both feet (91cm/86cm), while also possessing good speed for someone at his height (3.03s 20m sprint) and solid endurance (6:35 2km) which he showed off at the WA combine, so he is quite an athlete. He is also not just pigeon holed to being a ruckman, as he has shown he can go forward and take strong contested marks and make an impact on the scoreboard (which coaches love from a ruckman), while also being a presence around the ground. A few years in the gym is needed to build is strength, but there is no need to rush him to play straight away and they can let him develop his body and also improve on his consistency game to game. The swans may even start his career as a forward as he learns how to play ruck at the level (it also helps having one of the best to ever to do on the swans coaching panel). His future is bright and he has the potential to become a dominant ruckman in the competition.

Davo-27

Last edited:
Pick 43: Hawthorn – Connor Downie
Pick 43 - Hawthorn - Connor Downie - Eastern Ranges - 185cm 82kg

with our last pick we will have to take Downie without a bid, one of the best wingers in the draft pool, long range goal kicker, runs good lines, strong bodied for a wing, but adding to his contested side would be a benefit, was a key part of the top of the table Eastern Ranges in 2019, was ok in his Vic Metro outing for the short time he had on the field, was solid playing for the AFL Academy as well, was meant to move into the midfield in 2020 to improve his contested side of his game before the season got cancelled.

Wizard17 you're up

Good pick up with Neale. If Melbourne didn't pick Jackson last year, I'd have considered him at #30. Think he's the best ruck outside of Thilthorpe.

Cool do I get them now? :p

Since it doesn't affect anything, sure why not. I've updated the draft order. Brings Fremantle's last pick in about 10 spots.

Not creating fuzz. Just pointing out mistake in this draft. Now you know.

Just on this, I still don't think it's guaranteed that Gold Coast take a second live pick.

Their current senior list of 32 will be 34 after the Davies and Jeffrey pre-selections. Meanwhile they have 8 rookies and 2 Cat B rookies currently. I think it's more likely that they upgrade Budarick to take the senior list to 35, and take the one pick to have the minimum of 36 - instead adding two more rookies to take that list to the max of 11.

The numbers are still up in the air. But the talk is around them having one pick, so I decided to stick with that.

Just on this, I still don't think it's guaranteed that Gold Coast take a second live pick.

Their current senior list of 32 will be 34 after the Davies and Jeffrey pre-selections. Meanwhile they have 8 rookies and 2 Cat B rookies currently. I think it's more likely that they upgrade Budarick to take the senior list to 35, and take the one pick to have the minimum of 36 - instead adding two more rookies to take that list to the max of 11.

The numbers are still up in the air. But the talk is around them having one pick, so I decided to stick with that.
I thought the academy kids got pre selected onto the rookie list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 45: Geelong – Kalin Lane
Pick 45: Kalin Lane (Ruckman/Western Australia) (Height: 204cm, Weight: 96kg)

When I was tasked with picking for Geelong I did a runthrough of what their list needs and where they would want to be at 5+ years from now. Geelongs Ruck stocks are aging and could do with some developmental players, and they've already got one in basketball player Paul Tsapatolis, but like most Cat-B sports converts, he's a speculative pick. I decided with Geelong's first pick I'd go with Kalin Lane, who fits the mould of a developing ruckman while already having some of the tools necessary at AFL Level. The stand out part of Lane's game is his ruck craft, which has had him winning most of the ruck battles he's been in at WAFL level this year, averaging 24.9 hitouts for the year. His follow up work is what makes him such an exciting pick, he's competitive so he backs himself in to compete at ground level and win a clearance, which is something clubs are hopeful modern-day ruckmen can do. Lane will need to build some consistency at VFL level, but he's lucky in the fact that for 2-3 years Stanley and Fort can carry the load for Geelong while he builds.

briztoon you're up

All good. Just a bit of fun. Sure, there is no guarantee that SUNS will use pick 27. But they may. So why not to have it in this draft. I suspect you will not remove picks from other teams based on predictions how many they will draft.

At present, after Davies, Jeffrey announcement, Suns have 45 players total, 4 spots still available. 34 on senior list, 9 cat A (full) and cat B 2 (full). Holman has to be promoted and Budarick will also likely be promoted making it 36 players on the senior list while opening up 2 rookie spots. Pick 5 is 37 on senior list. So SUNS can use pick 27 to fill the last senior list or alternatively promote another pre-listed player from last year (Rosas, Conroy) to create one more rookie spot.

More variations to it but I suspect SUNS will keep 1-2 spot available for rookie, pre-seson, midseason drafts, delisted mature players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back