BigFooty Official Official BigFooty Phantom Draft - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Order

1. Adelaide - Elijah Hollands
2. North Melbourne - Riley Thilthorpe
3. Western Bulldogs - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (matched bid)
4. Sydney - Logan McDonald
5. Hawthorn - Denver Grainger-Barras
6. Gold Coast - Will Phillips
7. Sydney - Braeden Campbell (matched bid)
8. Essendon - Archie Perkins
9. Essendon - Nikolas Cox
10. Essendon - Nathan O'Driscoll
11. Port Adelaide - Lachie Jones (matched bid)
12. Adelaide - Finlay Macrae
13. GWS - Tanner Bruhn
14. North Melbourne - Zac Reid
15. Fremantle - Heath Chapman
16. Collingwood - Reef McInnes (matched bid)
17. GWS - Oliver Henry
18. GWS - Jack Carroll
19. Collingwood - Eddie Ford
20. Richmond - Brayden Cook
21. Melbourne - Zavier Maher
22. Melbourne - Blake Coleman (unmatched bid)
23. GWS - Errol Gulden (unmatched bid)
24. St Kilda - Sam Berry

25. Adelaide - Caleb Poulter
26. Adelaide - Tom Powell
27. Hawthorn - Jackson Callow
28. Brisbane - Max Heath
29. Gold Coast - Alex Davies (pre-listed selection)
30. Melbourne - Fraser Rosman
31. Fremantle - Brandon Walker (matched bid)
32. GWS - Tom Highmore
33. North Melbourne - Joel Western (unmatched bid)
34. Carlton - Bailey Laurie
35. Richmond - Jack Ginnivan
36. Carlton - Brodie Lake
37. North Melbourne - Oliver Davis
38. Adelaide - Kaine Baldwin

39. Essendon - Liam McMahon
40. Hawthorn - Luke Edwards
41. Hawthorn - Zane Trew
42. Sydney - Shannon Neale
43. Hawthorn - Connor Downie
44. Western Bulldogs - Isiah Winder
45. Geelong - Kalin Lane
46. Brisbane - Jake Bowey
47. Western Bulldogs - Corey Durdin
48. Fremantle - Liam Kolar
49. Fremantle - Finn Gorringe
50. Brisbane - Conor Stone
51. Port Adelaide - Zac Dumesny
52. Richmond - Josh Treacy

53. West Coast - Luke Pedlar
54. Richmond - Maurice Rioli Jnr (matched bid)
55. St Kilda - Jackson Cardillo
56. Essendon - Cody Brand (matched bid)
57. Collingwood - Tariek Newchurch
58. St Kilda - Max Pescud
59. Collingwood - Ollie Lord
60. Sydney - James Borlase
61. Collingwood - Ryan Angwin
62. North Melbourne - Malachy Carruthers
63. Port Adelaide - Phoenix Spicer
64. Gold Coast - Joel Jeffrey (pre-listed selection)
65. Carlton - Charlie Lazzaro
66. West Coast - Max Holmes
67. Geelong - Cam Fleeton

Preseason Draft

1. Adelaide - Jackson Hately

Rookie Draft

1. Adelaide - Henry Smith
2. North Melbourne - Seamus Mitchell
3. Sydney - Dominic Bedendo
4. Hawthorn - Jackson Ramsay
5. Gold Coast - Rhys Nicholls
6. Essendon - Josh Eyre
7. Fremantle - Hugh Dixon
8. Carlton - Riley Holder
9. GWS - Nick Stevens
10. Melbourne - Callum Park
11. Western Bulldogs - Ewan MacPherson
12. West Coast - Jack Avery
13. Collingwood - Taj Schofield
14. St Kilda - Connor Ballenden
15. Brisbane - Carter Michael
16. Port Adelaide - Matthew Allison
17. Geelong - Patrick Walker
18. Richmond - Campbell Edwardes

Last edited:

Monocle what dark sorcery do you have planned for WC's picks?

ReDraft Fraser McInnes

I have to say... this doesn't really make sense. With Sydney's next pick not until 43, that suggests that you think you can do better at 43 than Gulden?
The alternative view is not wanting to take the magnitude of points deficit into next year's first round pick... and that someone adequate might be available at 43.

I have to say... this doesn't really make sense. With Sydney's next pick not until 43, that suggests that you think you can do better at 43 than Gulden?
It’s not out of the realms of possibility that some people might believe that.

I tend to look on “undersized” players and ask two questions; do they have elite speed and athleticism to compensate for their smaller stature? Do they have the frame and build to play a physical contested game?

Does Gullden have the speed to play as a small forward or mid in today’s game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The alternative view is not wanting to take the magnitude of points deficit into next year's first round pick... and that someone adequate might be available at 43.
It'd depend on how you rate him as a forward as well tbh, not many see him reaching midfield at the next level

Pick 23 is worth 815 points. With a 20% discount to match, we need 652 points.

Looking at the picks posted in this draft, we currently had picks 42 and 57, which is 577 points. The difference to be made up is the equivalent of pick 53... which is really not a significant deficit.

Gulden would have to be pretty low on andleanback's list not to be matched in this situation.

Pick 25: Adelaide – Caleb Poulter
Pick #25 Adelaide - Caleb Poulter 191cm 77kg WoodVille-West Torrens

Time for a bit of local flavour - Poulter the next man on my list and continuing my taller midfielder angle with a lovely 191cm outside inside mid who has been dominating SA Under 18 footy. Poulter can play, the question is, how will his Under 18 dominance translate to the AFL. He's got a bit of a funny gait, almost a wobble as he runs, but gets plenty of clearances every game and can hit the scoreboard. His size suggests he could become that big bodied tall mid who can play inside and outside. Right now he's lean and I think will always have those bandy legs but be good enough on the inside without being Bontempelli standard. His upside is high, can add the kg and really make a fist of things but I'd like to see more strength in his marking and more crunch in his tackles. I think atm he nows he's a bit of a lean lad and isn't showing what he's got. Likely to start outside first maybe a wing but is not a winger at all. Doesn't have the penetration for that but certainly can scoot if needed. Has great hands and has a knack of playing in bursts, brilliant then quiet then brilliant again.

One thing he does have is tremendous balance and agility for a 6ft3 mid, if that can be maintained he will be a massive improver and play a lot of AFL footy.

Last edited:
Pick 26: Adelaide – Tom Powell
Pick #26 Adelaide - Tom Powell 180cm 73kg Sturt

A no brainer being left on the board here as I continue the emergency rebuild of the crows midfield. Powell is your pure ballwinner, see ball get ball and dish out. Can rack up tremendous amounts of the pill, he reads the play like a book and has it in his hands more than most. Clearance machine, will extract day and night till he drops. But unlike most extractors, he is quite good on the spread too, gets involved in lots of forward forays and link play and is a surprisingly neat kick of the footy. Nice overhead and lightning hands. He's got Tom Mitchell about him but has more quality in his kicking, a bit like a Luke Power when disposing of the pill. I think he will translate into AFL nicely and be one of those big ballwinners that the umpires like, not a damaging per possession type but he'll be on the bottom of every pack dishing it out and too good to pass up here.

Last edited:
Pick 23 is worth 815 points. With a 20% discount to match, we need 652 points.

Looking at the picks posted in this draft, we currently had picks 42 and 57, which is 577 points. The difference to be made up is the equivalent of pick 53... which is really not a significant deficit.

Gulden would have to be pretty low on andleanback's list not to be matched in this situation.
Except that it's not pick 53 ... it gets taken off your first pick next year and potentially drops it down the order (like Freo this year). I don't disagree with you - with Campbell bid late I would think Swans would match Gulden at that point - but I'm offering a rationale as to why someone might choose not to.

Pick 27: Hawthorn – Jackson Callow
Pick 27 - Hawthorn - Jackson Callow - Tasmania - 194cm 101kg

an under rated KPF, great contested mark, good agility on the footy field which is key for KPF's and good ground ball pick up, has kicked bags of goals and played high half forward for Tassie in a lot of games, this year learning some flexibility as a tall defender in the TSL, but is better as a leading key forward with great hands, absolute bargain from my PoV, adds to our KPP group for the future, can play that Roughead role.

briztoon you're up

Last edited:
I think Sydney have other list needs that adding gulden at 23. Gulden plays his best in the midfield, not as a forward. Does he have the size/ athleticism needed to make it in the afl as a midfielder, I’m not so sure. Pick 42 should push in further if a few more players get bid on and I’m confident there’ll be a few gems available at that selection and also at the pick in the 50s.

Pick 28: Brisbane Lions – Max Heath
Pick 28. Brisbane Lions.

Max Heath:
Ruck.
Sandringham Dragons.
203cm.
94kg.

Max Heath is a late developer and was a standout in the preseason for Sandringham against the Oakleigh Chargers. Talked up by former Adelaide and Collingwood recruiter Matt Rendell on SEN and by eDPS here.

This is very much a leap of faith pick on two fronts. First that Heath’s preseason performance wasn’t his one standout game for the year. And secondly I haven’t seen any footage of , but I’m trusting those who have.

Standing at 203cm and already 94kg’s, Heath has a strong frame on him, and could eventually build his body up to something similar to Stef Martin.

The Lions will be in need of ruck depth, after trading out Stef Martin to the Western Bulldogs, and moving Archie Smith and Connor Ballenden to the rookie list, both of whom are out of contract at the end of 2021, and unlikely to be offered another contract.

You can read @eDPS’s write up on Draft Central to find out what type of ruck Max Heath is.

There were a couple of other players I had in mind. I would loved to have put a bid in here, but Brisbane doesn’t usually bid on other teams kids (unless their brother already plays at the club)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back