Rules Grand Final Tickets - OFFICIAL BULLDOGS BIGFOOTY BUY/SWAP/SELL Thread - PLEASE READ AND POST IN THIS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gone through the 7 stages of grief. Was shocked we made it, then the pain on knowing I might not get tickets, been trying to bargain a ticket, then got angry at the AFL, now I'm accepting that I probably won't get the ticket :(
Exactly the same. I'm now entering as many competitions as I can for a free ticket and contacting friends in corporate land who may be able to land one. Terrible because you feel like a beggar but what else can you do.

Hi fellow doggies

I'm a proper mad doggies supporter (no bandwagon here - member for almost 20 yrs, went to Sydney this weekend for the GWS game). I have 3 standing room tickets (M12) but am going with my parents, who are doubting their ability to stand for that long.

Keen to hear from anyone who has 3 seats that they might be willing to swap for standing. Of course happy to compensate you for the difference plus some for your kindness. DM me if you're keen in discussing.

Woof woof woof!

If you were somehow able to get a Swans member who isn't going to the game to get you tickets, would that be dodgy. I mean could that person get in s**t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel for all of you guys/girls, really hate the way the corporates take a lot of the tickets. I have been lucky to get a ticket off someone else from our board, so just hang in there usually by Tuesday night/Wednesday more single seats appear.

I hope everyone on here wanting a ticket gets to the game though, and best of luck for this weekend.

Hi guys, I work as a ground attendant at the G. Just letting those with standing room tickets know that they are able to stand in any of the standing areas not just what is specified on their ticket. No one checks where you stand, only where you sit. My suggestion for those standing in general public areas is go around to M10-14 which is the flank/wing of the Sth stand or around M50-53 in the Olympic stand. They are the better standing viewing spots imo. Get there at opening time(10am??) and try and to get a spot up against the barrier so you have no bodies in front of you. Also 'mark your spot' with a scarf or cap so no one else pushes in when you go to the toilet, food etc. I've worked around 25 GF's and the standing areas can get a bit heated although over the past few years I've noticed they don't get as crowded as they once did. Maybe they sell less tix to make it more comfortable. If you manage to get into a good spot DO NOT LEAVE IT unless absolute necessary after around 1pm.
Probably shouldn't say this but if anyone has the balls.....when exiting the ground for a f** etc try and scan 2 tickets at the turnstile and use one for 'someone' waiting outside in wanting to get in. Maybe get a mate to 'distract' an attendant or do it when it's mega busy. Got to be super quick though, maybe do a practise run with one ticket initially to see how 'the system' works. I hate that the GF has become one giant corporate wankfest and that deserving lifelong fans are missing out. Anyway good luck to the Doggies and good luck to those chasing tickets.

Hi guys, I work as a ground attendant at the G. Just letting those with standing room tickets know that they are able to stand in any of the standing areas not just what is specified on their ticket. No one checks where you stand, only where you sit. My suggestion for those standing in general public areas is go around to M10-14 which is the flank/wing of the Sth stand or around M50-53 in the Olympic stand. They are the better standing viewing spots imo. Get there at opening time(10am??) and try and to get a spot up against the barrier so you have no bodies in front of you. Also 'mark your spot' with a scarf or cap so no one else pushes in when you go to the toilet, food etc. I've worked around 25 GF's and the standing areas can get a bit heated although over the past few years I've noticed they don't get as crowded as they once did. Maybe they sell less tix to make it more comfortable. If you manage to get into a good spot DO NOT LEAVE IT unless absolute necessary after around 1pm.
Probably shouldn't say this but if anyone has the balls.....when exiting the ground for a f** etc try and scan 2 tickets at the turnstile and use one for 'someone' waiting outside in wanting to get in. Maybe get a mate to 'distract' an attendant or do it when it's mega busy. Got to be super quick though, maybe do a practise run with one ticket initially to see how 'the system' works. I hate that the GF has become one giant corporate wankfest and that deserving lifelong fans are missing out. Anyway good luck to the Doggies and good luck to those chasing tickets.

How much for your staff pass? Hahaha

I know there are a lot of people in the same 'sob story boat' but I missed out in the ballot for Category 3 as did my old man. Would've accepted Standing, Jumping, Hopping room- anything really!

He was 11 in 1954 and witnessed our only flag at the G. He's now 73 and was starting to think he would never see another. My sister is a Coterie member and has kindly given her ticket to dad so that he can go.

As for me, I'm rapidly losing hope. I was a social club member for some years but funds this year were tight and I went for a base membership...

If anyone can help with any kind of offer of a single ticket, please PM me. ☺

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a ticket but looking for one for the old man who missed one in the ballot.
Been a member for 30+ years, tortured himself during the Rhode and McCartney years and looking like he's missing out. PM me if you can help. Happy to sit absolutely anywhere.

Last edited:
Thanks for the standing room tips Forevernorth. Any suggestions for doing standing room with kids?

Ok son got a ticket in the ballot with friends and is sitting with the in the nose bleeds. Was thinking of having ticket upgraded to adult and I take it but managed standing room adult using a swans membership (child). No to see if this can be upgraded to adult by the c/c holder. Damn I hope it can be. Then I mighten't be anywhere near firnds and son but least in the same ground.

Oh maaaaan I have zero energy left.

Thoughts on being able to upgrade to adult?

Guys based in SYD... If you still don't have tickets from SYD to MEL this Saturday, Virgin has $335 fares in the morning.. Cheapest i have ever seen and saved me paying accommodation...

Thoughts on being able to upgrade to adult?

You are able to upgrade your concession/child ticket in the day. A few posters have answered that on our form. Just see the relevant MCG Box Office and pay the difference + handling fee (each category is different in terms If the difference)

Hey mate, thanks for the info.

Do you know how prevalent it is for people to be selling tickets outside the ground on the day? At this point I'm thinking this is the best way to get one now but I'm not sure if it's still standard practice.

Thanks for the standing room tips Forevernorth. Any suggestions for doing standing room with kids?

Get there as soon as the gates open and absolutely rush to a spot at the front of the standing areas right up against the fence. Kids will hopefully have no one obstructing their view for the day. Like I mentioned, spread a scarf over the top of the fence to mark your spot. I see it every year, the smart ones with standing tickets queue up early to get the premium standing spots. Turn up at midday and you are left with standing behind everyone.
Standing is OK nowdays, there are heaps of tv screens around so you don't miss any of the action.
Depending on my position and supervisor I usually get a few kids from the standing areas and place them right behind the disabled/wheelchair patrons. It's a big no no during the h/a games but on GF day you can use a bit of leniency.

Hi all,

I have access to 2 x level one tickets - very good seats next to each other. They are a bit steep for me though (selling at $1,200 a pop) but I would be keen to trade with anyone with cheaper tickets as long as you cover the difference. Standing is fine for me too, just get me into the ground!

PM me and I can provide more details.
Hi all,

I have access to 2 x level one tickets - very good seats next to each other. They are a bit steep for me though (selling at $1,200 a pop) but I would be keen to trade with anyone with cheaper tickets as long as you cover the difference. Standing is fine for me too, just get me into the ground!

PM me and I can provide more details.

My uncle has been a member of the cheer squad for the last 20 years and goes to every home and away game . Some how he stuffed up his form when putting it in for the cheer squad (not sure how it works).

Does anyone have a ticket for him?

He is a living example of a die hard doggies fan who has been barracking for us since the 70s and been there through the hard times.

Please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back