Rules Grand Final Tickets - OFFICIAL BULLDOGS BIGFOOTY BUY/SWAP/SELL Thread - PLEASE READ AND POST IN THIS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey mate, thanks for the info.

Do you know how prevalent it is for people to be selling tickets outside the ground on the day? At this point I'm thinking this is the best way to get one now but I'm not sure if it's still standard practice.

Massive risk dude. It's not as bad as it used to be but you do get the odd seller. If you find anyone selling tickets outside BE SMART and make sure you arrange for them to come up to the turnstile with you and scan the ticket to make sure it's valid. Then hand over the cash. If they don't agree to something like this then they are full of s**t. A lot of arseholes get tickets that have been used off their mates that are already inside the ground and re-sell them out in the car park to unsuspecting buyers. Barcode will not work. Also try and sneak a photo of the seller just in case.

Hi guys, I work as a ground attendant at the G. Just letting those with standing room tickets know that they are able to stand in any of the standing areas not just what is specified on their ticket. No one checks where you stand, only where you sit. My suggestion for those standing in general public areas is go around to M10-14 which is the flank/wing of the Sth stand or around M50-53 in the Olympic stand. They are the better standing viewing spots imo. Get there at opening time(10am??) and try and to get a spot up against the barrier so you have no bodies in front of you. Also 'mark your spot' with a scarf or cap so no one else pushes in when you go to the toilet, food etc. I've worked around 25 GF's and the standing areas can get a bit heated although over the past few years I've noticed they don't get as crowded as they once did. Maybe they sell less tix to make it more comfortable. If you manage to get into a good spot DO NOT LEAVE IT unless absolute necessary after around 1pm.
Probably shouldn't say this but if anyone has the balls.....when exiting the ground for a f** etc try and scan 2 tickets at the turnstile and use one for 'someone' waiting outside in wanting to get in. Maybe get a mate to 'distract' an attendant or do it when it's mega busy. Got to be super quick though, maybe do a practise run with one ticket initially to see how 'the system' works. I hate that the GF has become one giant corporate wankfest and that deserving lifelong fans are missing out. Anyway good luck to the Doggies and good luck to those chasing tickets.
Awesome. Tips for those who have an afl members ticket but no membership in the event they are checking id

Got one standing room available. PM me if interested.

I'm not a scalper or a scumbag, I'm a member just spent over $3k (paying overs) on seats for the family, trying to recoup some of the cost via a standing room ticket I already bought.

It is only Swans because in the initial ballot we didn't exhaust our 15K allocation of GF tickets. So the the Swans are giving there Members a 2nd chance to purchase the remaining tickets (We got an email/notice published on our club website saying that only barcodes that were not used/unsuccessful could be used in the ballot).

Wow, couldnt even get 15k members to the GF
They should give the rest to doggies fans who actually want to go

Awesome. Tips for those who have an afl members ticket but no membership in the event they are checking id

Chances of getting asked for id in members isn't too high. But in any case keep an eye out for AFL/MCC officials in suits that are holding a folder and turn the other way and bolt. They're usually at the turnstiles or bars. Have never seen them do checks on people that are already sitting down. Good idea when entering the G or walking around to get a drink etc is to hold your phone, walk fast, look agitated and pretend you are having a heated discussion or sending a text. Your chances of getting picked are suddenly diminished. To tell you the truth I wouldn't even worry about it too much.

It is only Swans because in the initial ballot we didn't exhaust our 15K allocation of GF tickets.

bunk-the-wire.gif

Chasing any sort of GF ticket, money isnt a problem, got plenty of cash and willing to pay
PM me if anyone has any sort of ticket willing to sell

Got caught on a flight to the US during registration for the ballot

I think later in the week there might be some standing tickets offered from people like me who might able to upgrade to seating via various means. I might have 1 for sale if I can get a seated ticket as a replacement for my dads standing ticket M3 (Pretty sure i can). I will however offer to long term big footy bulldogs forum members first as opposed to those who just joined in the pursuit of tickets (good thinking) . Hopefully I will be posting later this week. Can the mods suggest some rules for what they deem as "long term" posters so they get first crack? I would rather the ticket go to a long termer...especially if they missed the ballot

I think later in the week there might be some standing tickets offered from people like me who might able to upgrade to seating via various means. I might have 1 for sale if I can get a seated ticket as a replacement for my dads standing ticket M3 (Pretty sure i can). I will however offer to long term big footy bulldogs forum members first as opposed to those who just joined in the pursuit of tickets (good thinking) . Hopefully I will be posting later this week. Can the mods suggest some rules for what they deem as "long term" posters so they get first crack? I would rather the ticket go to a long termer...especially if they missed the ballot

Like.. 10 years ;)

Maybe rule out 'Joined: Sep 16' :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will however offer to long term big footy bulldogs forum members first as opposed to those who just joined in the pursuit of tickets (good thinking) . Hopefully I will be posting later this week. Can the mods suggest some rules for what they deem as "long term" posters so they get first crack? I would rather the ticket go to a long termer...especially if they missed the ballot

Surely someone like Tim Cahill and his family are more deserving?

If I dressed up as Chris Hemsworth with a Dogs jersey on, do you reckon I'd get in?

Hi All,

I bought 3 tickets to an AFL players package with some past and present players (fyfe, libba plus a few others). It includes pre game lunch and drinks at Zinc in Fed square then cat 1 tickets plus a few other goodies. I bought 3 at 3200 each and two of my mates ditched me! I would want what i paid for them. Here is a link to the package http://www.premiumseats.com.au/the-afl-grand-final-lunch.htm

I am still going so would prefer if I went with doggies supporters. would anybody be interested?

Thanks,

Peter

Hi all, I have a question about MCC memberships.

If my friend has an MCC membership, but isn't going to use it for GF day, can I take it and purchase one of the tickets on sales on the day? I would obviously get there at like 6am but just wondering if I could actually use his membership.

Thanks!

Have 2x Cat seats up in the nosebleeds, would love trade for lower level seats if there is any interest...

Also after 2 tickets, of any kind for family members.

Cheers.

Hi all, I have a question about MCC memberships.

If my friend has an MCC membership, but isn't going to use it for GF day, can I take it and purchase one of the tickets on sales on the day? I would obviously get there at like 6am but just wondering if I could actually use his membership.

Thanks!

You don't buy a ticket. You join the queue and hope to get in. I'm also pretty sure that your friends MCC ticket will have a photo of him on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back