News Official Carlton Delistings/Retirements 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

what is the knocks on everitt?

Lazy and laconic. His instagram post about him leaving was the most amount of effort and energy he has put into anything this year.

When you're building a new club culture you don't want your veterans having the sort of attitude that he has especially if he's not a guaranteed best 22 selection. It poisons the kids in the VFL and sets a bad example.

He's the eighth oldest player on the list. You'd want your top ten elder statesmen to be either a shoe-in selection for the senior team OR an invaluable leader to your youngsters. He was neither by a very long way this year.

Lazy and laconic. His instagram post about him leaving was the most amount of effort and energy he has put into anything this year.

When you're building a new club culture you don't want your veterans having the sort of attitude that he has especially if he's not a guaranteed best 22 selection. It poisons the kids in the VFL and sets a bad example.

He's the eighth oldest player on the list. You'd want your top ten elder statesmen to be either a shoe-in selection for the senior team OR an invaluable leader to your youngsters. He was neither by a very long way this year.

thanks for that! was hoping port looked at him due to our lack of talls. but have since changed my mind

thanks for that! was hoping port looked at him due to our lack of talls. but have since changed my mind

You're welcome. He doesn't play his height. He's always played shorter. More of an inbetweener.

SOS has very high standards as a list manager, no suprise considering the standards he set as a player. Probably makes his job of identifying the right types easier. No talented but conditional footballers either.
Happy with our progress so far. Looking forward to seeing his selections next month.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not surprised by who was delisted, still had high hopes for DVR, but understand the cut.

I hope we now use all 6 picks to the end of the 4th round on kids. Although I wouldn't be opposed to someone like a Jye Bolton with a late pick, that still fits the clubs age parameters
he might get re-drafted on the rookie list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks boys for your efforts, DVR never was a midfielder hopefully someone else picks him up and plays him in his right position.

Unlikely to draft Jordan Gallucci at 25 then?

Unless they are going to re-draft Andrew in the Rookie draft?

I think Gallucci will geta rookie spot. Got given a chance then was injured all year. Surely whatever we saw to give him a spot hasnt been damaged?

Thanks boys for your efforts, DVR never was a midfielder hopefully someone else picks him up and plays him in his right position.
DVR wasn't de-listed because he didn't make it as a midfielder.

Caleb Daniel disagrees.
1 player out of how many though? How many "match winners" are 5ft nothing & weigh 75kgs ringing wet ? Don't reckon Caleb will be given as much room next year & wont be as effective once a much stronger player tags him. I just reckon small - real small players have to be exceptional otherwise they're brushed aside too easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back