Official Changes V Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

LifeSpan-Void said:
i think we played against sydney with about 12 of our best players out. kind of hard to win in the AFL with your VFL team.

12, ay? Of course. :eek:

Apparently playing with a VFL team (+ flu :rolleyes: ) = rabble. :confused:

You've won 4 more games than a rabble, having travelled interstate 3 times to their 6. Well done. Really.

Besides, 3rd won't do you any good what-so-ever. If you don't finish 2nd you'll be watching the last 2 weeks with 12 other clubs.
Good luck with that.

MrChristo said:
Besides, 3rd won't do you any good what-so-ever. If you don't finish 2nd you'll be watching the last 2 weeks with 12 other clubs.
Good luck with that.
Since when did only 3 clubs compete in the last 2 weeks?

MrChristo said:
12, ay? Of course. :eek:

Apparently playing with a VFL team (+ flu :rolleyes: ) = rabble. :confused:

You've won 4 more games than a rabble, having travelled interstate 3 times to their 6. Well done. Really.

Good luck with that.

BOTTOM LINE: There is no point being bitter because your team has not made the finals AGAIN! It will happen one day! Good luck with that. And the difference of only winning 4 more games than a rabble is the difference between playing finals footy and not. So, you're correct, it is 'well done, really'.

Also, Geelong have travelled interstate on 4 occassions. Subiaco - Round 2, AAMI - Round 5, GABBA - Round 13 & SCG - Round 15. The last few years Geelong have travelled interstate more than any other club, however when you finish top 4, you get rewarded in the fixture (i.e. friday games and travel). You may find that out in years to come.

One more thing, Geelong were missing the following players for the Sydney games: King (captain), Ling, Ottens, D.Johnson, S.Johnson, Playfair, Enright, Harley, Rooke, Wojinski, McCarthy, Slade. Scarlett & Byrnes played with the flu and only played because we had no other options in sydney.

10 of those 12 are in our best 22 and i am sure i have missed a few. Good luck on the week end!

MrChristo said:

1. We have been interstate 4 times.
2. You sell your home games to play in the top end. That is why you have 6 interstate trips instead of 4.

Who's bitter?

Some moron opened their big mouth calling a team playing without 6 of their top 12-15 players a rabble, yet I mention the Sydney game and all of a sudden injury and 'flu' (honestly! :rolleyes: ) are ligitimate reasons for losing.

You work it out.

(Sorry, I should have said eleven other teams....depending on the wheather of course ;))

MrChristo said:
Who's bitter?

Some moron opened their big mouth calling a team playing without 6 of their top 12-15 players a rabble, yet I mention the Sydney game and all of a sudden injury and 'flu' (honestly! :rolleyes: ) are ligitimate reasons for losing.

You work it out.

(Sorry, I should have said eleven other teams....depending on the wheather of course ;))

I never said injury was an excuse, you doubted that we had that many players missing from the team V's Sydney. I just wanted to reinforce the fact that we did by naming them.

I still think you are a little bitter about your placement on the ladder. I would be too if my team had shown so much promise early only to drop off later in the year.

No hard feelings and good luck on the weekend! GO CATS!

linga_is_no1 said:
Why was Tenace brought in for Byrnes? Why is'nt Steve Johnson coming straight back into the the 22? Why is Rahilly ahead of Charlie?

Because Rahilly broke into the team the hard way and has earnt his spot playing good footy. Charlie hasnt

What a joke you Cats fans are. At the minute you have a better team than us. Im sure even the most one eyed bulldogs supporter can admit that. To label us RABBLE is a stupid stupid comment and you should hang your head in shame. We are a young team on the up, who has had the guts ripped out of us due to injuries. With a full list firing we could seriously beat any team in the competition. I reckon with our ins we are a decent chance of beating you guys tomorrow and watch out for when we have a active Tall forward line because in two years will have the best midfield by far. Just hoping its a good game tomorrow.

bulldogrob said:
What a joke you Cats fans are. At the minute you have a better team than us. Im sure even the most one eyed bulldogs supporter can admit that. To label us RABBLE is a stupid stupid comment and you should hang your head in shame. We are a young team on the up, who has had the guts ripped out of us due to injuries. With a full list firing we could seriously beat any team in the competition. I reckon with our ins we are a decent chance of beating you guys tomorrow and watch out for when we have a active Tall forward line because in two years will have the best midfield by far. Just hoping its a good game tomorrow.
With your crappy defence and forward line...your kidding

now now lads.
It should be a good game, dogs are always a difficult team for the cats and today i can see them coming out fired up, they have some good ins and are definately able to take us.

rizzo said:
With your crappy defence and forward line...your kidding

How are you blokes looking now? Especially up against the rabble that is the Bulldogs.

Totally out-played all over the ground by a second rate team.

Maybe a few of your guys have the flu, hey? ;)

Oh, btw. Our "Crappy forward line" had kicked exactly 14 less points than you for the season before the game started...Guess that means we've kicked more now.....

You're playing well and we're playing horribly.

Not sure how one half (or even one game) changes the fact you've won only 25% of your games over the past three years, also not sure how it proves you're a quality side.

Collingwood beat the Eagles. Does that mean they're not a rabble? Does that mean they're a quality side? Of course not, it just means they played really well on the day and outplayed the opposition.

Long way to go, but if it stays as is congratulations on the win.

EDIT: Game is well and truly over so congratulations on the win. Your boys were superb and we were the definition of a rabble today. Enjoy it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tenacious Kane said:
EDIT: Game is well and truly over so congratulations on the win. Your boys were superb and we were the definition of a rabble today. Enjoy it.

Thanks. :cool:

Never any hard feelings intended. I took offence to my team being called a rabble and to being called a 'sook' (although it seems now that those posts have been deleted...By management or a highly embarrassed member I wonder? :p )

I think we can all agree that key injuries can make any side look well below their best.
But, in future, some of you may wish to stick to commenting on your own team before tossing crap at others. ;)

The_Bulldogs_Bite said:
lol.

That's all I need to put. You've gone and made yourself look stupid, I don't think you need my help.

No need for the sarcasm. Hey we didnt deserve to win on saturday. You lot did. Congrats on that and good luck in the future but hey, remember earlier int he year when we were in half decent form?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back