• Coonawarra

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Kangaroo Island

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m in the Philippines at the moment and I stumbled across these in my local supermarket. I was pleasantly shocked to see them. Can anyone tell me if any of these are any good?
View attachment 455619

If you are asking which to buy I would go for the Altos del plata and Terranoble. South America produces some cracking VFM wines.

Thanks for the tips in this thread - much appreciated! Trying to build out my wine collection and thinking about what varieties should be included? Any thoughts?
Depends on your palette.

Go to one of the wine regions & try some wines so you discover what you like best... it somewhere like Melbourne St Cellars on a Thursday night or Saturday when they have a local tasting. I have gone before a Crows game...

Contrary to the stereotype, does anyone actually drink Chardonnay?

I can’t stand it.

Good Chardonnay is just about as good as it gets

Pikes is still a consistent drop :)

Pikes Merle Riesling is probably the best Riesling in the country but comes at a premium price of around $47 a bottle.

Knappstein does the best standard Riesling imo.

Pikes Merle Riesling is probably the best Riesling in the country but comes at a premium price of around $47 a bottle.

Knappstein does the best standard Riesling imo.
Love the Knappstein

Chateau tanunda have some very nice wines... penfolds your just paying for the name on the bottle... (did like the 2009 grange... And the st henri but...)

Fortified wines Mr pickwicks is bloody good imo.

Had lunch at my Aunty' s place yesterday. Her and my uncle (now deceased) had a vineyard that supied Shiraz for Grant Burge. My Aunty sold it after .y uncle passed away. But the lot still supplies Grant Burge.

They also had their own small batch vintage going for a few seasons. We had a 2005 and 2007 bottle yesterday and it was superb.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chateau tanunda have some very nice wines... penfolds your just paying for the name on the bottle... (did like the 2009 grange... And the st henri but...)

Or as I like to call it Chateau Chunder...not a huge fan

The RWT is also very good from Penfolds.

fortifieds from Bethany are very good aswell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been drinking this the last few nights. Quite a spicy Merlot from Chile. Wouldn’t buy it again though.
A581EDA1-C776-4326-BD0E-E4653D2716EC.jpeg

Contrary to the stereotype, does anyone actually drink Chardonnay?

I can’t stand it.

We went off it years ago. I think it's probably the white whale in a sense. It's so easy to enjoy white without risking the complexity of chardonnay. But a good chardonnay is better than a good anything else as far as I'm concered. It's pure laziness that we don't drink it any more. And lack of tasting opportunities.

Pickwicks is lovely, have a couple of bottles here right now. I'm a huge fan of botrytis also. Good drinking continues beyond a fill of bubbles, white and red. Nothing better than finishing an evening with a snifter of port or 20. Sadly, we have a limited window in sunny Alice. I've a full 20L keg plus backup and a further 5 or so L of good port here. I'll keep buying it though, because I love it. Like winter clothes, keep buying them, rarely wear put them on. But they're so cool and I love them.

Pickwicks is lovely, have a couple of bottles here right now. I'm a huge fan of botrytis also. Good drinking continues beyond a fill of bubbles, white and red. Nothing better than finishing an evening with a snifter of port or 20. Sadly, we have a limited window in sunny Alice. I've a full 20L keg plus backup and a further 5 or so L of good port here. I'll keep buying it though, because I love it. Like winter clothes, keep buying them, rarely wear put them on. But they're so cool and I love them.
I have little 10lt barrel at home.. mostly filled with penfolds ports... seppeltsfield also have some very nice ports and there cellar door is beautiful nice little area for a picnic with the mrs if your ever in the area ;)

I have little 10lt barrel at home.. mostly filled with penfolds ports... seppeltsfield also have some very nice ports and there cellar door is beautiful nice little area for a picnic with the mrs if your ever in the area ;)

seppeltsfield is a very nice winery, their muscat is very nice

Can I just say something that no-one will believe?

Went to a function in Shanghai last year, and they exclusively served Chinese whites and Australian reds.

And the chardonnay was fantastic.

Finally found a red I like

Fontodi Chianti Classico 2014

Good s**t
It has taken 5 years but I have finally found one of your posts that I can agree with :D.

I have been involved in a project re emerging Italian wines over the last two years. I find it very difficult to find good quality Italian wines in Adelaide that are not ridiculously overpriced. I currently buy from Dan Murphy’s, Edinburgh Cellars, Bottega Rotolo, La Cantina and Festival City Wines.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Back