Status
Not open for further replies.
THE DANGERFIELD THREAD

KEEP IT ON TOPIC.

If your post isn't about:

A. Dangerfied's decision to leave
B. The mechanics of how that will occur
C. What this means for the clubs involved

It will be deleted and you will lose your right to post here for a week (and possible other infractions).

A number of posters have previously been banned from the thread. More will follow if off-topic posts persist.

KEEP IT ON TOPIC.

Last edited:

As someone who plays cricket with some of his best mates, he has mentioned he misses home(what afl player doesn't miss home at some stage)

While I would love pat here. His signature will not be cheap and I would not be sold on doing what Sydney have done and strip back depth to accommodate a superstar player. If we can afford him, then sure he would be nice.

Having met pat, he is a ripping bloke. I cannot tell you how many cricket training nights where pat has been running laps on the adjacent football oval and always pops in for a drink afterwards. Great guy.

Last edited:
As someone who plays cricket for Anglesea, I can say that some of his best mates play with us and he has mentioned he misses home(what afl player doesn't miss home at some stage)

While I would love pat here. His signature will not be cheap and I would not be sold on doing what Sydney have done and strip back depth to accommodate a superstar player. If we can afford him, then sure he would be nice.

Having met pat, he is a ripping bloke. I cannot tell you how many cricket training nights where pat has been running laps on the adjacent football oval and always pops in for a drink afterwards. Great guy.

We don't want a bloke who drinks to suburban cricket club standards.:eek:

If he was to return to Victoria who are the clubs that could get him?? Imagine if the Hawks got him with their free cash that was for buddy.

Patrick Dangerfield has put the Adelaide Crows on notice, declaring the decision on his football future beyond next season would not be based on financial reward but on the potential for on-field success.

The Crows acting co-captain said he has no intention of re-committing to Adelaide in 2014, and would wait until the final year of his contract before making a call on whether or not to return to his home state.

‘‘When I do it will be a decision based on success not on money, that’s for sure,’’ said Dangerfield, who could move to the club of his choice at the end of 2015 should the AFL accept a push from the players’ association to reduce the restricted free agency period from eight years to seven.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...e-prospects-20140319-hvkhj.html#ixzz2wOcE9Rum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would cost a hell of a lot, who would you be willing to see leave to accommodate the contract it would take to get him?

Any 2 inside the top 10 and outside the top 5.
Would do the deal yesterday.

Wow.

"Lets see where his parents are sitting during the game, considering they normally get put up by Geelong instead of us. How the hell does our club let one of our opposition clubs, whos after our best player, to host our best players parents in a match where their son is playing for us and against them? Talk about incompetant. His GF is the daughter of the ex mayor of Geelong. He has said in interviews that he does intend to go back home at some point.
He is a flight risk."

Whatever it takes!

Seems to be some pretty strong talk in their. In our favour!

Oh and he's so young too. :oops:

No way the cats could fit him in at $1.4m a year! Or even 1m. I reckon GWS or GC would throw their hand in the ring if he's after 'success'. Whatever that means. I'd love to see him running out for us though. How old will he be in 2016?
We will have a lot of space, when Enright and Co. go. All it takes would be one year at 2 mil or something stupid. Then pay him 650 for the rest. He's moving back to Geelong not to Melbourne... if he goes anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back