645887-eb5d8786-ff4f-11e4-a44b-5c351aa4c1fd.jpg

Black boots are still the best.

Nov 30, 2000
No longer in a premiership drought
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
LUFC/MSRLC/MVFC
I really want to ask the club if all this public work Danger is doing is either,
1: Because he wants to.
2: Because everyone is asked as a group and he puts his hand up being a big name player.
Or 3: Because we feel like we have to truck him out all the time due to the circumstances of him joining the Cats.

I'm sure he was well aware that he'd feature heavily in the marketing campaigns of the club. As an extremely high profile recruit, there was no way he was going to slip quietly into town, he knows that, it comes with territory. But in saying that, he's also a polished media performer who speaks very eloquently, has a great personality and appears to be a ripping bloke, so he's a great ambassador for the club and a natural in front of the camera. It won't shock to see him transition seamlessly into the media scene when his playing days are over.

As for this latest shot, if you are referring to that, it's a personal sponsorship deal, independent of any GFC arrangement. Though, I'm sure with the $$$ Nike are paying him he'd happily do whatever they want!

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm sure he was well aware that he'd feature heavily in the marketing campaigns of the club. As an extremely high profile recruit, there was no way he was going to slip quietly into town, he knows that, it comes with territory. But in saying that, he's also a polished media performer who speaks very eloquently, has a great personality and appears to be a ripping bloke, so he's a great ambassador for the club and a natural in front of the camera. It won't shock to see him transition seamlessly into the media scene when his playing days are over.

As for this latest shot, if you are referring to that, it's a personal sponsorship deal, independent of any GFC arrangement. Though, I'm sure with the $$$ Nike are paying him he'd happily do whatever they want!

Nah not the last photo, just seems to me every single public representation the club has will feature Danger and I just hope that isn't the club pushing him into the gigs.
I do believe he just enjoys doing all of that kind of stuff so wouldnt at all be surprised if he's putting his hand up for them, as well as some being part of his contract.
Geelong don't seem that kind of club to push players like that so its not a big concern, more a curiosity.

Rosso

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2005
Down South
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Kansas City Chiefs
I know it's only a few pre season matches but having Danger at the cattery has a similar feel to when Judd came back to Victoria. We sometimes don't realise how good some of these blokes are as we only see them every so often when they play for intestate sides. He is massive pick up and I think the football loving public in Victoria will realise that soon enough.

Players like Danger and Fyfe are awesome to watch as they simply impact the game when they need to. To have the ability to turn or change a game of one's own boot is trait of champions.

For me the number 35 will more than justify what we gave up to get him. The fact that he didn't sign for top dollar shows that he's here for the right reasons and you'd struggle to wipe the smile from his face since he was announced as a cat. He will get what he deserves and will bring Geelong what we brought him here for. Exciting times lay ahead so strap yourselves in for the ride.....

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I know it's only a few pre season matches but having Danger at the cattery has a similar feel to when Judd came back to Victoria. We sometimes don't realise how good some of these blokes are as we only see them every so often when they play for intestate sides. He is massive pick up and I think the football loving public in Victoria will realise that soon enough.

Players like Danger and Fyfe are awesome to watch as they simply impact the game when they need to. To have the ability to turn or change a game of one's own boot is trait of champions.

For me the number 35 will more than justify what we gave up to get him. The fact that he didn't sign for top dollar shows that he's here for the right reasons and you'd struggle to wipe the smile from his face since he was announced as a cat. He will get what he deserves and will bring Geelong what we brought him here for. Exciting times lay ahead so strap yourselves in for the ride.....
It still throws me when I see him in our team. He's an out and champion and Geelong have him, wait, what?

And then he plays and he's always winning the ball, and he's always doing something awesome, he doesn't even need time to settle like other players. It's better than I actually expected.

I really want to ask the club if all this public work Danger is doing is either,
1: Because he wants to.
2: Because everyone is asked as a group and he puts his hand up being a big name player.
Or 3: Because we feel like we have to truck him out all the time due to the circumstances of him joining the Cats.

If the club is the one pushing him to do stuff (not saying he doesn't WANT to, or not enjoy it mind you) then I think that's a disgrace.
Could ask Official Cats but I think I know what the answer will be

maxy87

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
It still throws me when I see him in our team. He's an out and champion and Geelong have him, wait, what?

I still get that feeling all the time. I think it's amplified by the fact that I live in Adelaide and for that I'm seeing it largely through a Crows supporter perspective. Living here and seeing him at every waking moment in Crows gear throughout the last eight years means it will take some time for it to truly sink in for me that he's a actually a Cat

BIGANT

Premiership Player
Jan 19, 2006
Glenelg
AFL Club
Geelong
I still get that feeling all the time. I think it's amplified by the fact that I live in Adelaide and for that I'm seeing it largely through a Crows supporter perspective. Living here and seeing him at every waking moment in Crows gear throughout the last eight years means it will take some time for it to truly sink in for me that he's a actually a Cat
I live over in adelaide to maxy87 and close to the bay area's, pat and his missus were quite anonymous socially. Actually you hardly see boaky about either, even tho he recently built in the bay suburbs.
I love seeing patty from afar in the blue and white hoops and promoting the cats

maxy87

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
I live over in adelaide to maxy87 and close to the bay area's, pat and his missus were quite anonymous socially. Actually you hardly see boaky about either, even tho he recently built in the bay suburbs.
I love seeing patty from afar in the blue and white hoops and promoting the cats
Sorry I didn't mean seeing him socially in Crows gear, just in the media, playing etc. A lot of my friends are still fairly bitter about it so its a bit of a sore point unfortunately. Give it time

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Crow's fan are still so salty, it's bordering on the erotic.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Would you say you have a salty crow fetish?
Maybe... but it's so hard after each game not to go look at their board and drink their salty tears. So nourishing. So refreshing!

Crow's fan are still so salty, it's bordering on the erotic.
Their Non-Crows thread

giphy.gif

Need to get them a Pepper grinder.... They've got the salt covered :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back