List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangerfield really is a class above - just oozes class. Arrived with high expectations and has shown his worth from day 1 - legend. Can't wait to see what kind of dynamic happens between Danger and Selwood.

The sense of relief within Selwood, the realisation that he can now share the load, that he can play and know someone has his back, will be so liberating for him that he might just lift a level through that alone.

From On the Couch

56a019df9aab50af6e4f03d9159e6198.jpg

We are the blue line. Adelaide is the white line.

Still have Selwood X 2 to add. Oh yeah baby.

That said it'd be remiss of me to forget to mention the effect that Smith has also had on this.

Last edited:

Forget his last name, scooter aint much chop.
2014-15 injured Selwood. No.

2011-13 when fit was a tackling and clearance winner. 18th for clearances last year, staggered is once fit he doesn't improve the side in that area.

From On the Couch

56a019df9aab50af6e4f03d9159e6198.jpg

We are the blue line. Adelaide is the white line.

Still have Selwood X 2 to add. Oh yeah baby.

That said it'd be remiss of me to forget to mention the effect that Smith has also had on this.

When it comes to clearances im not sure that you can mention anyone in isolation - but yes totally agree that Smith must get a credit here and probably Stanley as well.

God its good to have a legit #1 ruck…:)

Go Catters

On the cost... listening to the BCook on SEN recently... id say he would pay what we paid every day of the week , and twice on Sunday. The influx from adding a "Franchise" player has surprised him..
I think the debate on this particular trade is pretty well done. Henderson thats a whole other thread but if Danger stays fit he could yet be our best recruit for decades. We only needs some success to go with his arrival.

Who's this PFD you speak of? Will I notice him on Monday?

Hodgy looks strangely uncomfortable sitting next to Danger on the Footy Show. Danger has this very confident smile on his face, and I absolutely loved his dig at Hodge over light and easy.

It's ok. You should have seen a few people on this board after Ablett left. You could have made salt-n-vinegar chips out of some of the content of this board for the next two years. Apparently because he was drafted to Geelong, he owes the entire club a living.
Seriously though, Ablett the name means a lot to us, especially those of us old enough to have hunched down on the wooden slats at VFL Park in the freezing rain watching God, no 5. Dangerfield is completely, utterly different.

I still feel dirty about GAJ, although I try not to crah too much. Great player, not a legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously though, Ablett the name means a lot to us, especially those of us old enough to have hunched down on the wooden slats at VFL Park in the freezing rain watching God, no 5. Dangerfield is completely, utterly different.

I still feel dirty about GAJ, although I try not to crah too much. Great player, not a legend.
Of course he's a legend. Barassi was a legend, he went from the club that his father won a flag for (admittedly not the same standard as Ablett Sr), he become synonymous with everything Melbourne, went to Carlton in the era before club mobility was anything like what it is today and still remained a legend.

Ablett Jr is probably the best player since Matthews, I can't say anything for whether he is better or not. Whether he changed clubs or not... he's still a legend of the game. Judd will go down as a legend; Ablett is better than Judd.

I can't speak for heading to VFL park, though - I seriously started following football in 1993, the last year when Ablett was really at his peak. It was a privilege, though.

Of course he's a legend. Barassi was a legend, he went from the club that his father won a flag for (admittedly not the same standard as Ablett Sr), he become synonymous with everything Melbourne, went to Carlton in the era before club mobility was anything like what it is today and still remained a legend.

Ablett Jr is probably the best player since Matthews, I can't say anything for whether he is better or not. Whether he changed clubs or not... he's still a legend of the game. Judd will go down as a legend; Ablett is better than Judd.

I can't speak for heading to VFL park, though - I seriously started following football in 1993, the last year when Ablett was really at his peak. It was a privilege, though.
He went ok in 94/95 also.

Who's this PFD you speak of? Will I notice him on Monday?

Overrated, you'll notice his clangers straight to the opposition though.

/end Adelaide board post

Danger said on the footy show this will be the biggest crowd he's ever played in front of. Not a bad way to kick off the start of his new footy life.

Welcome to not Adelaide…

Go Catters

dangerfields one man show single handedly took adelaide to 7th place last season

i hope he can do the same for us this season
You are kidding. I'm know it's Easter and a time for JC but no one man - even JC - does that. Dangers on field worth to us won' t be known for several seasons.

Danger said on the footy show this will be the biggest crowd he's ever played in front of. Not a bad way to kick off the start of his new footy life.

That was under the presumption that the crowd would be 80+ thousand. From what I can tell, the biggest he's played in front of was approximately 70k (last year's final against the Hawks), so it'll need to be more than that on Easter Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back