List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he's a legend. Barassi was a legend, he went from the club that his father won a flag for (admittedly not the same standard as Ablett Sr), he become synonymous with everything Melbourne, went to Carlton in the era before club mobility was anything like what it is today and still remained a legend.

Ablett Jr is probably the best player since Matthews, I can't say anything for whether he is better or not. Whether he changed clubs or not... he's still a legend of the game. Judd will go down as a legend; Ablett is better than Judd.

I can't speak for heading to VFL park, though - I seriously started following football in 1993, the last year when Ablett was really at his peak. It was a privilege, though.
For some danger will be to adl supporters as was/still is ga'j to some cat's supporters.
And it's so wrong on insular adl supporters! Danger left cause of the pull of home and fam. Junior left for coin....big difference

Seriously though, Ablett the name means a lot to us, especially those of us old enough to have hunched down on the wooden slats at VFL Park in the freezing rain watching God, no 5. Dangerfield is completely, utterly different.

I still feel dirty about GAJ, although I try not to crah too much. Great player, not a legend.

I can feel your pain , its probably cost us another 300 game player, a GF place and a pure Geelong Legend of the game.
The one thing id say is he left after 2 Flags and we went on and won another without him. I have a feeling that will burn his heart long after the thickness of his wallet if forgotten. I saw a thread about 2018 FA with his name in it on one of these boards. Its almost a career since he moved and it still a tad bitter. Im sure Adelaide will have that sam bitterness if they see Danger in a winning side while they perhaps slide.

Of course he's a legend. Barassi was a legend, he went from the club that his father won a flag for (admittedly not the same standard as Ablett Sr), he become synonymous with everything Melbourne, went to Carlton in the era before club mobility was anything like what it is today and still remained a legend.

Ablett Jr is probably the best player since Matthews, I can't say anything for whether he is better or not. Whether he changed clubs or not... he's still a legend of the game. Judd will go down as a legend; Ablett is better than Judd.

I can't speak for heading to VFL park, though - I seriously started following football in 1993, the last year when Ablett was really at his peak. It was a privilege, though.

They reckon that the Docklands is souless... VFL park was like a open oval built under a rain cloud. The design was meant for 130,000 never went past 75,000 although the squeezed 90 odd in there once when they had them in the isles. That Haw is out there now is quite apt. The house of P & W that Geelong had to play 2 home games at 90 odd minutes from home. 1980 and 1981 PF need I say more.

They reckon that the Docklands is souless... VFL park was like a open oval built under a rain cloud. The design was meant for 130,000 never went past 75,000 although the squeezed 90 odd in there once when they had them in the isles. That Haw is out there now is quite apt. The house of P & W that Geelong had to play 2 home games at 90 odd minutes from home. 1980 and 1981 PF need I say more.
Yes you do - 1991 Semi Final?

I did venture out to Waverly on a few occasions. The first was actually my first game of footy - 1993, last year's runners-up, against the underperforming Saints... who of course flogged us by 12 goals. Gordon Fode went beserk and kicked five goals nine. Yes that's right. Not a typo.

Yes you do - 1991 Semi Final?

I did venture out to Waverly on a few occasions. The first was actually my first game of footy - 1993, last year's runners-up, against the underperforming Saints... who of course flogged us by 12 goals. Gordon Fode went beserk and kicked five goals nine. Yes that's right. Not a typo.

91? Hawks? I have to look it up to be honest. We lost a close one to them by about three points at some stage. Gees those guys have just ripped us at times. Best game we ever played was probably 89 V Ess and I was working and didn't get there :(. The final where Locket kicked 9 and Brownless 8 (or something like that) was around then as well. Ablett got reported for a walkabout elbow..

and 93 ..was the best ever example of a wasted year. I think that Saints game was around 5 games from the end of the year..and it instigated a typical Blight chat. They threw out the rubbish and stormed home to just miss the final 5 (I think it was 5)... Point is we beat the other finals participants in that 5 week run. Abletts year 120 something goals from 17 games..probably will never be repeated unless we reduce the numbers on the field.

Yep, 91 semi was Hawthorn at Waverley. The MCG was being redeveloped. We played there three weeks in a row beating St Kilda by 7, losing to Hawthorn (eventual Premiers) by 2, then losing to West Coast in a wet slog by 15.

I went to the first two and the third my family said "**** it" and we watched it on a sneaky satellite stream.

Yep, 91 semi was Hawthorn at Waverley. The MCG was being redeveloped. We played there three weeks in a row beating St Kilda by 7, losing to Hawthorn (eventual Premiers) by 2, then losing to West Coast in a wet slog by 15.

I went to the first two and the third my family said "**** it" and we watched it on a sneaky satellite stream.

3 weeks in a row ... what a woeful place at least from Geelong locations pov.

That was under the presumption that the crowd would be 80+ thousand. From what I can tell, the biggest he's played in front of was approximately 70k (last year's final against the Hawks), so it'll need to be more than that on Easter Monday.

He seemed to enjoy the big occasion. Played a blinder that day. Just not enough mates.

Steven rowe is the only one that was uncomfortable about it......huuuuge melt down to open aa's sport show this arvo, it was gold but quite pathetic by rowie. Bicks was a little more adult about it.
Got a link?

Got a link?
YESSSSSS please…..

The number of Crows supporters posting in the HFC thread for Monday is hilarious.

The audio of the above would be worth it

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YESSSSSS please…..

The number of Crows supporters posting in the HFC thread for Monday is hilarious.

The audio of the above would be worth it

Go Catters

Wowee started reading from Thursday afternoon. Teary.

On another note 1 or 2 of the football board regulars may want to log out should we win. They will be getting a tag elsewhere for some of the melty s**t they posted.

Wowee started reading from Thursday afternoon. Teary.

On another note 1 or 2 of the football board regulars may want to log out should we win. They will be getting a tag elsewhere for some of the melty s**t they posted.

I can see what you are suggesting - and can only advise that being the bigger person will lead to far greater riches than tagging others…

And a lot less ban time too! :D

GO Catters

I can see what you are suggesting - and can only advise that being the bigger person will lead to far greater riches than tagging others…

And a lot less ban time too! :D

GO Catters
Nah just a friendly "I guess you underrated us" sort of comment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back