List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Darcy Lang traded to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Great deal for Carlton - pick 58 plus a R4 upgrade next year is well short of Lang's value as a footballer.

I can't get too outraged by it though. it won't make any difference to our chances of winning a flag any time soon.
The mentality of not putting in more effort to improve our stocks will, though. Last two premier teams have had a very club core, as opposed to a foreign legion feel that we are getting.

He can look good at times BUT he lacks poise, time and space in tight, and thus makes bad decisions
and turns the ball over far to often.
Is that what you wanted to hear?
Nah I'm sure he's not that bad, seemed to have quite a bit of interest.
Maybe you're just upset at losing him for not much??

Yeah we won alright.....:rolleyes:

Pick 58 which we will use to upgrade either Parsons or ZGuthrie in the draft (ie could have been 158)

This was a dead set giveaway. Just saves him going through the PSD.

I'm just waiting for the year this "trading goodwill" does it's 180. Tipping I'll be waiting a while.

Wow threw him away for nothing.
Actually performed in a final too.
Didn't handle this one well at all.

We owe Carlton a wee bit for Hendo and Tuohy. Although to be honest they still owe us (in a round-about way via Sydney and/or the sleight-of-hand of Tommy Hafey) for Greg Williams AND surrendering the 1995 Premiership without a fight.

Pay up some more, teabaggers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At GFC PFD, Selwood, Selwood, Duncan and probably GAJ woul dhave kept him out the MF. Plenty to push him harder.

Who at Blues will push him to get better? Who will keep him out of the MF?

Wish him well and kinda wanted him to stay... but thought he'd do better here.

Go Catters

John Ralph "Blues felt Darcy Lang would potentially have been delisted by Cats."
Just thankful I don't have to read anymore of Ralphy's insights until next year when he's trying to hang players at the MRP or any other opinions on a players worth across all 18 clubs

I'm a bit disappointed that we never got to see the best of Lang. I had such high hopes for him. I remember him kicking 3-goals in the last quarter of a game against the Hawks which helped get us over the line. I think it was round 1 last year. I wish him well at the Blues and hope he can become the player I thought he'd be with us.

Understand why he wanted to go, will definitely get more opportunity, especially in his preferred position around the ball.

Disapppointed in what we got in return for him but also not surprised.

Wish Darcy all the best at Carlton in 2018 :thumbsu:

Lang at Geelong is a story of disappointment, for me... disappointed to reach for him with a first round pick, disappointed with his development, and finally, disappointed with the trade.

Hope he realizes his potential, for his own sake.

Lang at Geelong is a story of disappointment, for me... disappointed to reach for him with a first round pick, disappointed with his development, and finally, disappointed with the trade.

Hope he realizes his potential, for his own sake.
Strange how people are saying they are disappointed in him. He played under 50 games.
He's played as many if not more better games than Kolo.
Imagine if we chucked Kolo away for nothing. Everyone would go off their nut

Hey guys, always like dealing with Geelong as they take care of their players and look to be equitable at the trade table.

Good to see that he's rated as a decent player on here. A fringe midfielder at Geelong could be 3rd in line behind Murphy and Cripps next year for us.

Like BlakeyNoFlakey said above, a mix of TPP and insane midfield power (Gablett/Danger/Selwood/Duncan is WTF) means the clubs have different goals. Still a win-win situation IMO.

Strange how people are saying they are disappointed in him. He played under 50 games.
He's played as many if not more better games than Kolo.
Imagine if we chucked Kolo away for nothing. Everyone would go off their nut
I would say half of Kolo’s games have been of an acceptable AFL standard. I reckon Lang has had no more than 5.

I would say half of Kolo’s games have been of an acceptable AFL standard. I reckon Lang has had no more than 5.
Is hard to prove stuff cause it's so subjective but the closest is probably inside footy,
If you say 6 & over is Afl standard
Lang has had 10
Kolo 16
Preety much played same amount of games.
Dunno why I used this argument cause it just disproved my point.
But I just spent fuken 5 mins on inside football so I'm gonna use it anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back