Preview Official: First Semi Final: North Melbourne vs Sydney, ANZ Stadium, Saturday 19th September

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

WELLS. PLZ

Would be a crazy move to bring Wellsy in this week. Richmond stuffed up big time at the selection table dropping Lloyd and Lennen for Griffiths and Conca. I had a good feeling as soon as I saw those moves. Lennen in particular has been very good for them in recent weeks, while Griffiths and Conca haven't played any footy for weeks. Don't play players who are not match fit, especially in knock out finals.

Not to mention that after Tyrone (I look like a prince but play like a peasant) Vickery, Conca is their next best in the spud department.

We will be too tall in defence next Saturday if we keep the same formation

With no Buddy or Reid for Sydney, they will go in with a very small forward line.

I just hope we don't get sucked in to keeping the same team because of performance.

Our backline is one player too tall, I would be dropping one of Hansen/Thomspon/Firrito (most likely Hansen) so we can match the Sydney forwards.

Just hope our coaches have the fortitude to make the call.

Jacobs to Kennedy? or Mitchell?

We will be too tall in defence next Saturday if we keep the same formation

With no Buddy or Reid for Sydney, they will go in with a very small forward line.

I just hope we don't get sucked in to keeping the same team because of performance.

Our backline is one player too tall, I would be dropping one of Hansen/Thomspon/Firrito (most likely Hansen) so we can match the Sydney forwards.

Just hope our coaches have the fortitude to make the call.
Agree with this, Richmond playing Griffiths was always going to help us with our top heavy backline. Hansen has to be most vulnerable - his lack of agility when Vickery of all players turned him around to kick that goal, then his inexplicable kick that went 20 metres over Swallow's head (who had no one near him) and third not handballing over Concha's head were all huge clangers. He took some good marks but those mistakes - just can't afford them.

Id be tempted to bring in Dumont for extra midfield grunt and clearances. Beat Sydney in the middle and I think our tall forwards will really worry them.
Turner in for Thomas or Nahas.

Hansen out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're going to bring up finals results, don't forget last years prelim ;)

Seriously though, glad the roos got up against Richmond, Saturday night should be a cracker. Annoyed its at ANZ but it is what it is.
Time to turn it around......todays game was a warm up for you mob. You surely aren't confident going into next weeks game are you.....you have too many injured or out for that matter it will dampen the gloss over our win.

Id be tempted to bring in Dumont for extra midfield grunt and clearances. Beat Sydney in the middle and I think our tall forwards will really worry them.
Turner in for Thomas or Nahas.

Hansen out.

Hansen stays.....he could (if needed) switch forward. There's talk our forward tall 3 may work against us.....I personally am starting to see BBB dropping off . I think this week he has a spell and bring him back against Freo.

The more I think about it the more I'm tempted to book a flight home for Oct 3.

Last edited:
I know this ground is horrible, but any ideas where.good seats are? Heading up for the game for a reversal of last year's result.

LT's kick report looked much less serious on replay than it did at the ground (with the Richmond player flinging his head back in a style LT himself would have been proud of). But I can't see the point of playing him as a sub - he is either up for the game or he isn't needed.

Agree that out backline looks too tall as well.

Problem is, the extra player we need is a midfielder with some speed and no-one realistically available fits the bill.

I know this ground is horrible, but any ideas where.good seats are? Heading up for the game for a reversal of last year's result.[/QUO

Most Sydneysiders (myself included - pains me to say it!) hate the ground mainly for the location. That siad, most seats afford a very good view of the ground. I'm normally down on the terrace level about 15 rows back. That said probably the best view are the seats close to the front of the upper level. Seats starting with 4 I think from memory. Personally i'll just get what i get via the membership. Last years prelim was all together with the north faithful.

With their lack of height id suggest Hansen out and let Tarrant play that role which he does pretty well I think. Turners form could see him get the nod ahead of Thomas. I'd be feeling ok if it was no change however, but structurally we could do with a rejig against the swans. Nahas to play a stopping role on McVeigh, Jacobs to Hannebery and goldy to go knee deep in tippet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back