News OFFICIAL: Gary Ablett traded to Geelong

How many games will Ablett play for Geelong in his second stint

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With the likely hood of the easter monday clash not being r1 next yr, i wonder what the club has asked for ? Because his first game bk as a cat v the hawks at the G will be electric. The atmosphere when danger played his first game in the hoops was mad, think of what it could be like w the prodigal son returning

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

THE RETURN OF THE KENNETT CURSE

With the likely hood of the easter monday clash not being r1 next yr, i wonder what the club has asked for ? Because his first game bk as a cat v the hawks at the G will be electric. The atmosphere when danger played his first game in the hoops was mad, think of what it could be like w the prodigal son returning

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
This is, to quote Bruce, delicious.

GC medical team botched the initial Swallow knee injury and revovery , wonder if our Medicos might be able to look after Gaz a bit better than he's been accustomed to?
Long bow I realise but might just prolong his longevity a bit :)
I thought Gaz declined the advise of the medico's at the Suns and went down the all natural path.

My condolances for the Ablett family, as they lay Gazza's sister, and Gary snr's daughter, to rest.

Having a couple of family members pass in the last two years myself, I know how grief can be, and Gary jr will need all the support GFC can give him.

It's great he is back in Cat's colors, not just for what he can do for our side, but for his own mental health and wellbeing.

I don't believe any player should give up their jumper.
There is a vacant low number in number 4.

9izx4d5iE.png

Dangerfield, Joel Selwood, Ablett and Duncan

Our fantastic four in the midfield next year!

Source?

Best midfield in the league - and best since voss, black, Aker and lappin.

Still a top 4 defence in Henderson, taylor, TUOHY, Bews, Guthrie and Stewart

Forward line with Hawkins, Menzel (will have something to prove massively) ablett/danger, cockatoo, McCarthy and Buzza

Smith only improving each year.

Get around us.

Source?

Best midfield in the league - and best since voss, black, Aker and lappin.

Still a top 4 defence in Henderson, taylor, TUOHY, Bews, Guthrie and Guthrie.

Forward line with Hawkins, Menzel (will have something to prove massively) ablett/danger, cockatoo, McCarthy and Buzza

Smith only improving each year.

Get around us.
Hmmmm hadn't thought of that, Menz will have a point to prove not only to Geelong but to the other clubs that weren't willing to take him for free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hated the way he left for the money and the way he went about it, but could never hold a grudge after his 192 games and pivotal role in two premierships. Glad he is back? nope ecstatic!

Only hope if he can hold his body together and if only good for 15 games, then the back half of the season please.

I'm a little bit excited to see his first media or club piece in Cats colours again, obviously when the time is right

I'm a little bit excited to see his first media or club piece in Cats colours again, obviously when the time is right

I hope he's given some space here, and yes when the time is right, hopefully he and his family will be in a better place, but I bet you won't be able to wipe the smile off his face.

Hmmmm hadn't thought of that, Menz will have a point to prove not only to Geelong but to the other clubs that weren't willing to take him for free.

Having a point to prove is all very well and good but the body has to be able. Desire alone will not correct his difficulties in changing direction and twisting and turning. Unless there's a minor miracle I think what we saw this year might be close to the best he can offer.

Having said that I still see a place for him in the team though we will see him rested for several games across the season IMO

I'm thinking on putting some money on him for the Brownlow next year.

Hey, when he plays a full season, he often finishes top three in Brownlow counts.
Save your money, he hasn't played a full season for the past 4 years. The money hungry thing will just plod along and be content with siphoning more cash from our club and then sometime during the season his old body will breakdown and screw us over again, bookmark it.

Save your money, he hasn't played a full season for the past 4 years. The money hungry thing will just plod along and be content with siphoning more cash from our club and then sometime during the season his old body will breakdown and screw us over again, bookmark it.

Do not like.

Troll :thumbsdown:

Wonder how Greg Venom Denham feels the last couple of days.

He publicly smashed Ablett for months. Smashed us a club as well and our culture with statements that have now proven to be utterly without fact. One of his article was entitled "He's selfish. It's all about Gary"

Do journalists who actually grandstand with their own opinions rather than report need to issue apologies.

G.Lyon wouldn't be too far behind either for a few of his comments

gees this thread is bringing out all varieties of people and strangeness now. On one hand there are the crazy anti ablett guys who think ablett is a crook out to destroy geelong and on the other are geelong supporters posting like pre teen girls fawning over the prospect of a David Cassidy concert.
Come on seeds.
That is two misogynist posts in a week. I thought you were better than that. Fwiw Gaz' return will be great for gfc imo.
Simply to have composure, wizardry and a hard work ethic will help the kids no end.
I also hope he spoon feeds hawk and menz a lot of goals

Back