News OFFICIAL: Gary Ablett traded to Geelong

How many games will Ablett play for Geelong in his second stint

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

"FORMER Carlton captain and Fox Footy analyst Mark Maclure says the Gold Coast Suns should trade Gary Ablett as soon as possible, potentially back to Geelong"

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/829f7dd934f7b1e0592137268858c9f6

Could it happen? I would love to see Selwood, Danger and GAJ in the midfield, and it's probably the best move for the Suns going forward.

Who would we trade? Would it be worth it?

i wouldn't give anything for him. old (33 soon) and cooked.
I'd love to see him back, and he's arguably one of the GOATs so he'd be great for 2-3 seasons.

If he did come back. He would have to sit out the first year like Scooter has to ensure he gets his body 100% right and then we would have a good 3 years out of him.
He's running around with a banged up body and still producing brilliant football which is criticized because it's not upto his usual high standards which is virtually GOAT.

"FORMER Carlton captain and Fox Footy analyst Mark Maclure says the Gold Coast Suns should trade Gary Ablett as soon as possible, potentially back to Geelong"
53747566.jpg

He made his bed,now he can rot like hell in it at the Cold Toast Buns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse the intrusion. Gaz would be fantastic at Geelong in a playing mentorship/ welfare capacity for a year. Not sure if he wants to be a coach but if he had a good preseason and was prepared to play for peanuts ie $100k it would be great to see him back.

I can't see GC doing a suitable trade though. They'd want some quality kids in return or draft picks.

Still, if you could work it out so he could play out his last year or two back at the Cattery, it would be a great story.

Excuse the intrusion. Gaz would be fantastic at Geelong in a playing mentorship/ welfare capacity for a year. Not sure if he wants to be a coach but if he had a good preseason and was prepared to play for peanuts ie $100k it would be great to see him back.

I can't see GC doing a suitable trade though. They'd want some quality kids in return or draft picks.

Still, if you could work it out so he could play out his last year or two back at the Cattery, it would be a great story.
Maybe, its a lovely sentiment, but I'm not convinced of that-never saw him as a real leader and still don't despite his mighty efforts to drag GC up. Its mostly been onfield leading by example, still not convinced he can mentor. Too self absorbed. Too intense. I loved him and admire him but not sure I want him back in any capacity.
Think he is finished as a player-his body is done.

I wouldn't mind having him back, I think everyone is exaggerating his decline. If the midfield is too much for him, he's proven he can be damaging forward. Depends what we'd give up for him really. I would think bringing him back would go against where the list has headed these last few years

Personally reckon it's more likely that he and the Gold Coast take the most obvious next step. Sack Eade, GAJ, captain / coach.

He will never be a coach if someone gives him a coaching job I hope it's not Geelong.

No thanks. His beat is. Long way behind him, and I get the sense his religion has had a divisive affect on the Gold Coast player group.
IMO the religion effect has been the other way.... in fact their party and extra corricular activties have had a divisive effect on him.

See Zac Smith.

Im not endorsing or canning either one, but you know the two dont mix.

GO Catters

Back