News OFFICIAL: Gary Ablett traded to Geelong

How many games will Ablett play for Geelong in his second stint

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to wonder when he was asked if he regrets going up north 7 years ago and he replied that he thought he made the correct decision at the time that deep, deep down being the competitive beast he is that he doesn't think back at times and regret not staying. Could've played in another couple of premierships if he had.

Had to wonder when he was asked if he regrets going up north 7 years ago and he replied that he thought he made the correct decision at the time that deep, deep down being the competitive beast he is that he doesn't think back at times and regret not staying. Could've played in another couple of premierships if he had.
You would be correct if we had any half decent ruckman in the last few years

Let’s hope Gaz and co can snag a flag or two and then play forwards for a few years....I can dream

Those bunch of plastics up north let Gaz down completely and they should be forever grateful that he made them partially relevant for as long as he did; I really hope they fold before Gaz retires, would be poetic justice:thumbsu:

Those bunch of plastics up north let Gaz down completely and they should be forever grateful that he made them partially relevant for as long as he did; I really hope they fold before Gaz retires, would be poetic justice:thumbsu:
His autobiography is going be pretty interesting eh.

Needs about 200-300 goals more to be close to senior imo

I still rate snr higher tbh
Snr was electrifying. He had everything.

Jnr whilst being more consistent, isn't on the same level imo.

Tuned into listen to Finey that night on SEN and he squibed it,didn't turn up.

If you're talking about the 09 GF night, then that is not correct. I listened to SEN all the way home that night and Finey in all his glory was definitely on the airwaves. Has to go down as the sookiest radio program I have heard in my entire life. The guy was absolutely pathetic, gave Geelong no credit and just sooked it up all night long. If I wasn't so happy I probably would have turned it off, but as we won I listened to every word and have not had an ounce of respect for the guy since. An absolute w***er of the highest order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gazza missing the game today

As he is at the opening of a servo

Will miss the Easter Monday clash as the stamp society have a launch

Lets just put it on ice for a while M.. he hasn't missed a game yet. he decided not to participate in charade that is mostly a presentation of GAA skills.
If he goes to a servo opening instead of playing when fit V Hawks then you can pitch away.. I doubt he will ..I suspect he is parched for real games with real emotions on ground that have history.

Lets just put it on ice for a while M.. he hasn't missed a game yet. he decided not to participate in charade that is mostly a presentation of GAA skills.
If he goes to a servo opening instead of playing when fit V Hawks then you can pitch away.. I doubt he will ..I suspect he is parched for real games with real emotions on ground that have history.

And if it was GAJ that had walked off with Pendles injury the uproar would be 50 pages long and 1000 times what him pulling out of the game would be.

Let it go M... let it go.

GO Catters

And if it was GAJ that had walked off with Pendles injury the uproar would be 50 pages long and 1000 times what him pulling out of the game would be.

GO Catters

and watching the irish guy trip up Danger I was agog .. what would the comments would be... yet .. there appeared little was said. The whole concept is soyabean ice cream & mushrooms instead of meat , its a curiosity ..it gains a bit of traction due to its time.. a bit like the women's footy ..its time position means it has little opposition ... but who would really want any of their stars , highly paid and super important to be injured for such a "game"

GO Catters

The international rules series is pretty much Gaelic footy with two extra goal posts at each end and the ability to tackle.

Snr was electrifying. He had everything.

Jnr whilst being more consistent, isn't on the same level imo.

Just on that, senior was far, far more consistent than he's frequently given credit for.

He kicked 65 goals or more in 10 of 13 seasons he played at Geelong. He was a star immediately and sustained that for 242 games. He was an absolute superstar from 1985 (only his 2nd full season) until at least the end of 1995. If people look at a player like Dangerfield now, Ablett senior was at that level much earlier and sustained it for much longer.

As for junior, he's come much closer than I thought he would. The best midfielder I had seen was Greg Williams. I'd find it very hard to split him and Ablett junior now, and I'd have them both behind Ablett senior. Dangerfield's last few seasons have been tremendous, but he's got to keep that up for a few more years yet before he deserves to be mentioned in that category.

Just on that, senior was far, far more consistent than he's frequently given credit for.

He kicked 65 goals or more in 10 of 13 seasons he played at Geelong. He was a star immediately and sustained that for 242 games. He was an absolute superstar from 1985 (only his 2nd full season) until at least the end of 1995. If people look at a player like Dangerfield now, Ablett senior was at that level much earlier and sustained it for much longer.

As for junior, he's come much closer than I thought he would. The best midfielder I had seen was Greg Williams. I'd find it very hard to split him and Ablett junior now, and I'd have them both behind Ablett senior. Dangerfield's last few seasons have been tremendous, but he's got to keep that up for a few more years yet before he deserves to be mentioned in that category.
I'd have Jnr ahead of Williams and that's no blight on Diesel as a player - he was a superstar - but Ablett Jnr is more explosive and has the X factor Diesel didn't.

I was grateful enough to have seen all 3 live for their entire careers.

Ablett Snr is the best player I've ever seen and it's a comfortable opinion too.

Dangerfield If his foot skills were a little better may have eventually reached Juniors level.

Last edited:
Back