Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL GEELONG CATS THREAD - Questions, comments and suggestions for the Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive reached out to Tom Peeters who was involved last year. We will see.

Go Catters

Would Official Cats be willing to appear on the boards podcast? Great opportunity for some cross promotions like unveiling Jackson Thurlow's new segment Thurlow's Thwack and would also be a chance to bury the hatchet.

Last edited:
Hi all,

We're still alive and kicking on BigFooty for 2017 and will do our best to check back here every few days at least.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

- "that flog Broughton"

Gday Mitch.

Think we have our comeback of the year winner in January. :D

Thanks for checking back in. :thumbsu:
Apologies I had reached out to Tom in the belief that he was the contact for us.
Would be great if Official Cats could post every few days or so. Happy to help coordinate any assistance you may require.

Cant speak for everyone but the Board appreciates your presence and we are looking forward to your interaction in 2017.

GO Catters

Last edited:
Gday Mitch.

Think we have out comeback of the year winner in January. :D

Thanks for checking back in. :thumbsu:
Apologies I had reached out to Tom in the belief that he was the contact for us.
Would be great if Official Cats could post every few days or so. Happy to help coordinate any assistance you may require.

Cant speak for everyone but the Board appreciates your presence and we are looking forward to your interaction in 2017.

GO Catters

Even Willo_ ? :D

He can prove my comment wrong buy actually making regular appearances

Until then

images

:D :D :D

He can prove my comment wrong buy actually making regular appearances

Until then

images

:D :D :D

Was vocal early before falling in a hole at the half-way mark... just like Nakia at the pub.

My guess is Mitch's scope will be the same as last year, see Tom's post 1 in this thread,specific questions on on players, injuries, selection will be met with a straight bat that's right and to be expected,big chance of the old Sargent Schultz getting a good run.Handy for ticketing questions or what end has the better hotdogs and stuff.But he has put his hand up to join us again this year so welcome back Mitch.:thumbsu:
QUESTION 1
Whats happening with Chris Scotts contract?

Last edited:
Would Official Cats be willing to appear on the boards podcast? Great opportunity for some cross promotions like unveiling Jackson Thurlow's new segment Thurlow's Thwack and would also be a chance to bury the hatchet.
Thought that segment would be called "Willo's Whack"... and we've seen Episode 1:cool:

Go Catters

or what end has the better hotdogs and stuff.

I think that I can safely say that the southern end of the Reg Hickey Stand has the best Hot Dogs.

They are the German style and I am reasonably sure that BotsMaster would agree, given that we both meet there on occasion at half time and stuff our face with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that I can safely say that the southern end of the Reg Hickey Stand has the best Hot Dogs.

They are the German style and I am reasonably sure that BotsMaster would agree, given that we both meet there on occasion at half time and stuff our face with them.
The bratwursts from the red tent place as the best, if they are the ones you mean

Thought that segment would be called "Willo's Whack"... and we've seen Episode 1:cool:

Go Catters
Hmmm maybe that could be a regular segment

The bratwursts from the red tent place as the best, if they are the ones you mean

That is the one that I meant. I also forgot what they were called.
They are really fatty, vein cogging snags, but geez they taste good.

Official Cats Would it be at all possible to go a little bit more in depth with what is being done by whom in a pre-season update?
It is nice to see shots of the open days and the like but it would be great to get a rundown on how players are going in different roles like Bews on ball and Harry playing forward that kind of thing.
People know that they are happening so it is not like we are spilling any state secrets. This is the kind of thing that most of us would really like to see from the training updates

My guess is Mitch's scope will be the same as last year, see Tom's post 1 in this thread,specific questions on on players, injuries, selection will be met with a straight bat that's right and to be expected,big chance of the old Sargent Schultz getting a good run.Handy for ticketing questions or what end has the better hotdogs and stuff.But he has put his hand up to join us again this year so welcome back Mitch.:thumbsu:
QUESTION 1
I'm sure that any question can be asked.

Just as any answer can be of the nature "I'm not able to provide that information."

Go Catters

QUESTION 1

Official Cats Would it be at all possible to go a little bit more in depth with what is being done by whom in a pre-season update?
It is nice to see shots of the open days and the like but it would be great to get a rundown on how players are going in different roles like Bews on ball and Harry playing forward that kind of thing.
People know that they are happening so it is not like we are spilling any state secrets. This is the kind of thing that most of us would really like to see from the training updates

I'm sure that any question can be asked.

Just as any answer can be of the nature "I'm not able to provide that information."

Go Catters

As I'm sure most of you can understand, we find ourselves in an interesting position as the content arm of the football club. I made note of my background in an introductory post last year, but Adam, our video editor Grant and myself have all worked within print and television newsrooms so we understand the demand and desire for news and information that you all have. We share it too.

The issue is that there are a number of things we're either not privy to or specifically asked not to cover. First and foremost, we are always asking ourselves "what do the fans want" and "what do they want to know/see". That's our starting point. Though just because we can see a story unfolding before our eyes doesn't necessarily mean we can bring it to you. I do realise that in many ways is a cop out but it's a reality we hope you can appreciate.

Internally, we're conscious of opening and exposing more of our football department to yourselves and the general public and we think there's been a few good steps in the right direction there. But it is a process and for those like myself and Grant who have only been at the club for a year, there's a certain element of trust that needs to be earned before we can really take Cats Media to a more transparent place we feel it should be. Again though, the reality is we are in essence a public relations arm of a football club and there won't ever be a time when we're not.

- Mitch

As I'm sure most of you can understand, we find ourselves in an interesting position as the content arm of the football club. I made note of my background in an introductory post last year, but Adam, our video editor Grant and myself have all worked within print and television newsrooms so we understand the demand and desire for news and information that you all have. We share it too.

The issue is that there are a number of things we're either not privy to or specifically asked not to cover. First and foremost, we are always asking ourselves "what do the fans want" and "what do they want to know/see". That's our starting point. Though just because we can see a story unfolding before our eyes doesn't necessarily mean we can bring it to you. I do realise that in many ways is a cop out but it's a reality we hope you can appreciate.

Internally, we're conscious of opening and exposing more of our football department to yourselves and the general public and we think there's been a few good steps in the right direction there. But it is a process and for those like myself and Grant who have only been at the club for a year, there's a certain element of trust that needs to be earned before we can really take Cats Media to a more transparent place we feel it should be. Again though, the reality is we are in essence a public relations arm of a football club and there won't ever be a time when we're not.

- Mitch
As much as I take the piss I also think we need to be aware that the posters like myself who post here are a certain level of fan, more fanatical than a lot of others, so we have a greater thirst for knowledge and the nitty gritty stuff.... The casual fan on the street potentially doesn't share that, and the content needs to be such that it can work on both levels.

I don't envy what you can and can't do and understand you have restrictions, I think we just find here that we desire a greater level of info

Well I think it is safe to say I have done my dash with getting a player on the podcast

:oops::D

I'm not sure whether there's been an issue in the past that I'm not aware of in regards to getting players on the podcast and with fear of passing the buck, the content team here is separate to the media/PR team and they're really the ones you would need to talk to to lock in a player for a chat.

If you want to send a request through to me at mbroughton@geelongcats.com.au then I'm happy to forward it on.

As for me or Adam personally appearing on there... no issues at all with that. I must say I don't know what we could add that you can't but if you're up for it I'm sure we can work something out!

- Mitch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back