Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL GEELONG CATS THREAD - Questions, comments and suggestions for the Club

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll be lucky to get an update on anything...
AB7W38XVBgBhJKXkreRhUruryk86dlPvyTMd_VLv3GdvEHy2yjy0-NFGs3L3UVDGxtBiNSGEzBkXWUHy-PCf3OUm3rrQtArdhiQmrXc=w440-h334-nc

We'll be lucky to get an update on anything...
The GFC website has had plenty of updates. The same people that post that stuff will post answers here.
Granted, there could be some more activity here but IMO the questions would have to differ from info already provided on the GFC site.

Perfect example is the Buzza question. Not covered by the GFC site and something I'd expect to get an answer on here.

Go Catters

The GFC website has had plenty of updates. The same people that post that stuff will post answers here.
Granted, there could be some more activity here but IMO the questions would have to differ from info already provided on the GFC site.

Perfect example is the Buzza question. Not covered by the GFC site and something I'd expect to get an answer on here.

Go Catters
Spare me the diplomacy Daz.

Spare me the diplomacy Daz.

Ok then -

You want info from inside the club?

Ask questions that can be answered by people in those positions ( keep in mind who signs their cheques every 2 weeks) and don't expect any reply that is considered classified, personal, monetary, overly tactical or health related.

If you want to vent - do so with some class and don't act like dick. Get you point across but with a bit of dignity that befits them being here rather than pissing abuse over the Ablett Terrace fence. Im sure they can handle talking and taking s**t - but do they really want to?

Don't ask questions about s**t they have already covered in press/fluff stuff done on the club website.

And maybe treat them with a bit of respect - nothing overt but some common decency.

Id start there - but apparently that is too hard for people in this thread to figure the * out so instead we get bullshit whinging about not being spoon fed stuff.

And you asked for no Diplomacy so those who want to sook about the attitude can piss off.

Go Catters

ps - this is not directed an STC or any specific poster.

Ok then -

You want info from inside the club?

Ask questions that can be answered by people in those positions ( keep in mind who signs their cheques every 2 weeks) and don't expect any reply that is considered classified, personal, monetary, overly tactical or health related.

If you want to vent - do so with some class and don't act like dick. Get you point across but with a bit of dignity that befits them being here rather than pissing abuse over the Ablett Terrace fence. Im sure they can handle talking and taking s**t - but do they really want to?

Don't ask questions about s**t they have already covered in press/fluff stuff done on the club website.

And maybe treat them with a bit of respect - nothing overt but some common decency.

Id start there - but apparently that is too hard for people in this thread to figure the **** out so instead we get bullshit whinging about not being spoon fed stuff.

And you asked for no Diplomacy so those who want to sook about the attitude can piss off.

Go Catters

ps - this is not directed an STC or any specific poster.
They're shithouse Daz. You either do something right or you don't do it at all.

So tell me why none of your questions were answered in a previous post of yours that seemed more than reasonable?

They're shithouse Daz. You either do something right or you don't do it at all.

So tell me why none of your questions were answered in a previous post of yours that seemed more than reasonable?

And your opinion is entirely yours to express. No issues there.

My guess is they havent seen them in relation to my posts.

Ill give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Would regular interaction be good - no doubt - but they also need a reason to do it. Its a two way street IMO.

Go Catters

Official Cats

The Zuthrie upgrade.

Can you clarify what the deal is here. WE have one open Senior list spot. Kingy on KROCK suggested that SH has said that even with that spot open, that there would need to be a LTI and SC alteration to get it done.

Can you explain the mechanics of how that is possible with the one Senior list spot open.

Not looking for specific details to Zuthrie per se, but more how the upgrades go and and how this would pan out.

There seems to be confusion about it and it would be good to get it cleared up.

GO Catters

Has anything been said about why Kolo hasn't been playing?

MEANWHILE, Geelong will continue to be cautious with defender Jake Kolodjashnij who has suffered a number of setbacks through the summer.

Kolodjashnij had to overcome a bout of glandular fever and has not had some groin issues which have kept him out of competitive football.

“He is just overcoming a bit of groin soreness. Hopefully in the (VFL) practice match next week we might see him play,” Cats footy boss Steven Hocking said.

“He is certainly progressing. We are just not rushing him, coming off that glandular fever it’s just been a case of getting his loads right and getting all his soft tissue adapted after not training for a period.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you confirm that Joel is likely to be stripped of the captaincy over the TAC thing and replaced by Buzza? Provide no response if true.

Maybe they got sick of being called flogs and criticised in every 3rd post. They can hear the pissing and moaning over the fence at every game. Why come here and hear more of it?

Perhaps if the prevailing attitude in here was one of appreciation rather than one of demanding rightful informative petulance things might be different.

Just a theory - especially given their presence here was courtesy to us not a right.

GO Catters

Maybe they got sick of being called flogs and criticised in every 3rd post. They can hear the pissing and moaning over the fence at every game. Why come here and hear more of it?

Perhaps if the prevailing attitude in here was one of appreciation rather than one of demanding rightful informative petulance things might be different.

Just a theory - especially given their presence here was courtesy to us not a right.

GO Catters
Now you mention it and looking back at the last couple of pages I don't blame them.

GO Catters
Unfortunately it comes with the territory of managing social media...

I was working pretty closely with the media team, especially social media in my last job where a big project became a big, public bust. The things they had to go through were terrible... but they had to keep going. It's fair to say that they don't owe us much and won't get a response they necessarily deserve on here but the same is true of the facebook account and they keep going on there.

Unfortunately it comes with the territory of managing social media...

I was working pretty closely with the media team, especially social media in my last job where a big project became a big, public bust. The things they had to go through were terrible... but they had to keep going. It's fair to say that they don't owe us much and won't get a response they necessarily deserve on here but the same is true of the facebook account and they keep going on there.

Its a different faceless world of arm chair critics and zero respect I get that - certainly different to what I grew up in where you were responsible for your mouth.

That said, there is a higher standard that this board brings - more demanding perhaps than what FB provides ( im not on FB so its a perception only) in terms of footy acumen and knowledge.

ITs just a shame that with there is the other faceless crap as well.

Oh well. Im sure they'll stick their head back in here at some point. Hopefully we get another run at it.

GO Catters

That said, there is a higher standard that this board brings - more demanding perhaps than what FB provides ( im not on FB so its a perception only) in terms of footy acumen and knowledge.

Dunno about that, after all I'm on here :D

Will Jed Bews be developed into our No.1 small defender?

Cheers.

GO Catters
Maybe Daz... but the vanishing act isn't exactly a new thing, the stuff the last page has ramped up BECAUSE they dropped off IMO

Maybe Daz... but the vanishing act isn't exactly a new thing, the stuff the last page has ramped up BECAUSE they dropped off IMO

Truth. Bit of chicken and egg as well but bolded truth none the less.

Go Catters

Truth. Bit of chicken and egg as well but bolded truth none the less.

Go Catters
I think they have the best of intentions but when they see the types of things we are interested in they run a mile.

Its a different faceless world of arm chair critics and zero respect I get that - certainly different to what I grew up in where you were responsible for your mouth.

ITs just a shame that with there is the other faceless crap as well.

Oh well. Im sure they'll stick their head back in here at some point. Hopefully we get another run at it.

GO Catters
The Foxtel FB team when they lost the EPL rights. Genuinely felt sorry for them, the vitriol they copped for losing a silent auction and just trying to their jobs. Awful spot to be in I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back