Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL GEELONG CATS THREAD - Questions, comments and suggestions for the Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Bump. VFLW side has live stream of the whole game yet our men's side does not.

Any chance of that changing Official Cats
You need to ask questions they can answer Doc,Take note.

What number does Joel Selwood wear?:thumbsu:

How many games have we played at Kardinia park this year so far.:thumbsu:

Who is Geelong's vice captain.:thumbsu:

If you can answer those so can they.:D

You need to ask questions they can answer Doc,Take note.

What number does Joel Selwood wear?:thumbsu:

How many games have we played at Kardinia park this year so far.:thumbsu:

Who is Geelong's vice captain.:thumbsu:

If you can answer those so can they.:D
It's a fair question to ask. It was played at the same venue on the same day so the cameras would have already been there.

In this day and age it should be broadcast in some fashion, I mean the Melbourne Grade cricket final is streamed live yet we can't get our VFL side. The club needs to sort this out, it's 2017 FFS.

I seriously wonder about the point of this thread now.

It appears that it has mostly degenerated into a place where people come to mock the inactivity of the club in responding to any of the requests here.

And I'm sure some of that disappointment is valid.

Having said that, I can't see the point in relentlessly lampooning the club in this thread.

Any goodwill that might have existed to try and provide some helpful info probably ebbs away with every sarcastic rejoinder that gets posted here.

Some might say there was never any hope of anything meaningful being offered in any case.

But I still don't see that as a fantastic basis for ongoing ridicule and venom being foisted upon club personnel.

Serves little purpose and gives the club every encouragement to retreat even further from engaging with any of us here.

I seriously wonder about the point of this thread now.

It appears that it has mostly degenerated into a place where people come to mock the inactivity of the club in responding to any of the requests here.

And I'm sure some of that disappointment is valid.

Having said that, I can't see the point in relentlessly lampooning the club in this thread.

Any goodwill that might have existed to try and provide some helpful info probably ebbs away with every sarcastic rejoinder that gets posted here.

Some might say there was never any hope of anything meaningful being offered in any case.

But I still don't see that as a fantastic basis for ongoing ridicule and venom being foisted upon club personnel.

Serves little purpose and gives the club every encouragement to retreat even further from engaging with any of us here.
I would agree that there's a limit to how much we can really expect out of them, but I doubt the tone etc. is much discouragement. Mitch's willingness to banter has been the best part of this thread.

The bigger reason to not engage is it's just not worth it because they can't answer the things we really want to know. It would be great if (for example) we could get timelier and more detailed injury updates, but that just isn't how our club disseminates information.

What the heck, here's an actual question for their consideration. Official Cats it was great to get some details on what Ruggles has been sent to work on in the VFL in terms of disposal efficiency etc. Would it be possible to get development focusses such as that more frequently to help contextualise the games of some of our younger players?

It's a fair question to ask. It was played at the same venue on the same day so the cameras would have already been there.

In this day and age it should be broadcast in some fashion, I mean the Melbourne Grade cricket final is streamed live yet we can't get our VFL side. The club needs to sort this out, it's 2017 FFS.
Hi Doc
I'd forgot we even had a men's VFL side thanks for the reminder,As for TV coverage I guess it will happen when and if we can work out how to get some more money out of you lot, don't hold your breath.The VFLW is being promoted by the AFL as they see it as a big money spinner $$$$$$$$,where as there is no real interest in the Mens VFL side outside of a few dropkicks who hang around sites like this.:)

Kind regards
Faux Mitch.
Would this thread work better if Mitch asked the Questions?

At least I got a response... if anything I coaxed activity out of him!
Activity of logging off and never to return!! :D

Go Catters

Saw four ads in the Addy today for the flags they are flogging off in tomorrow's paper! I am as keen as anyone for footy at K-Park but gee they are really wanting to push these flags on people. Is it the club or the Addy driving this initiative?

On a side note for $2 with a paper I don't feel like these flags will be that big anyway...happy to be proven wrong mind you.

upload_2017-5-12_11-58-21.png

That's it!!! I've mentioned this before and some action was taken to fix it but now it's as bad as ever. Until I can hear the questions asked of the coach I'm refusing to listen to his pressers. It's an fffing joke in this day-and-age that one doesn't have a clue who the coach has been asked about and it is fixable because it's been done.

Because I'm an MCC member and I rarely get to SS these days my membership is more a donation which, if it was due today, I'd seriously think of passing on I'm so pissed off.:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoy being kept up-to-date with the matters of some consequence at the club but the stream of promotional and vacuous emails that fill my Inbox is becoming tedious. Information of worth - yes. Endless promotional stuff - no thanks.
Your feedback would have a better chance of being heard shouting it down Moorabool St AM.

Enjoy being kept up-to-date with the matters of some consequence at the club but the stream of promotional and vacuous emails that fill my Inbox is becoming tedious. Information of worth - yes. Endless promotional stuff - no thanks.
I have to agree.. it's gotten to the point that I don't even check the emails anymore because of it

Not to mention the over the top chicken promotions on the podcast we get you got a sponsor we don't need to hear it in every sentence.

See the last time an official logged-on was over two months ago.

cibWcFa.jpg

So much for the bolded from the second last post.

I must admit - I wasn't responsible for setting up this thread but I imagine one underlying concept was at the very least to pick YOUR brains about what YOU want to see from us.

Perhaps it's really only positive feedback they want. Disappointing to say the least.

See the last time an official logged-on was over two months ago.

cibWcFa.jpg

So much for the bolded from the second last post.

Perhaps it's really only positive feedback they want. Disappointing to say the least.
Call Broughton a flog

That seems to work, or so I've heard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back