OFFICIAL - Guns N' Roses reunion - Playing Coachella 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh hai this thread. I dont even remember half the show:drunk::$ Sweet Child is the last thing i recall. Although i do have a terrible video of Knockin on Heavens Door and a couple of surprisingly decent photos of Axl at the piano (which i assume was November Rain)

The stadium tour is in full swing and seems to be going well. Even got on stage early one night. The reviews have been positive. They have been posting bits of each show on snapchat. gnfnrofficial

Adler joined them on stage tonght.

After watching the NWA movie.

It kind reminded me of early GnR.
Both bands came out hard and took the world bye storm with their lyrics etc.
Both bands were raw and in your face.
One sang about sex,drugs and rocknroll.
One sang about de hood.
Both had people leave.
Both didn't last long in the way of albums.
Both in the same era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez. Surprised by the G. Wonder what type of setup theyll go for there.
It's certainly optimistic. Worried the sound will be terrible though. Would've loved Rod Laver, been happy with AAMI and settled for Etihad. The G could be a poor choice.

Realistically, they're a band that hasn't churned out a quality song for 20 years.

Really don't understand why they've gone for such large venues... They're going to have to play around with the configuration so the stadium isn't half empty

Really don't understand why they've gone for such large venues... They're going to have to play around with the configuration so the stadium isn't half empty

Never underestimate the love out there for Slash and Duff, mark my words they will come out of the woodwork like a Hawks supporter about 5 years ago.
These shows are being marketed like Guns n Roses never came out here 3 times since the most of the band spit, will it be any different musically?
You can see that with Slash back the guitar riffs already work better with the bass and that earthy effortless sound is back thank christ!

The previous incarnation had DJ Ashba, and Ron Thal climbing all over each through the songs, it was a bit of a mess at times.
The real key will be the vocals, Axl sounded flawless in 2007 at Laver, best I have heard him live hands down, 3 years later in Adelaide he was almost up to that standard as well.

2012 was a challenge at the Myer Music bowl, A little scratchy in parts but did a great job in a notoriously tough venue to sing live.

The MCG will be a massive massive challenge but Axl and the guys will put on one hell of a show I can't wait and will be counting the days down!
My missus said to me "but that is Valentines day and we usually go on a date"! I said "yes baby we are, only this time there will be a few extra people" :)

Never underestimate the love out there for Slash and Duff, mark my words they will come out of the woodwork like a Hawks supporter about 5 years ago.
These shows are being marketed like Guns n Roses never came out here 3 times since the most of the band spit, will it be any different musically?
You can see that with Slash back the guitar riffs already work better with the bass and that earthy effortless sound is back thank christ!

The previous incarnation had DJ Ashba, and Ron Thal climbing all over each through the songs, it was a bit of a mess at times.
The real key will be the vocals, Axl sounded flawless in 2007 at Laver, best I have heard him live hands down, 3 years later in Adelaide he was almost up to that standard as well.

2012 was a challenge at the Myer Music bowl, A little scratchy in parts but did a great job in a notoriously tough venue to sing live.

The MCG will be a massive massive challenge but Axl and the guys will put on one hell of a show I can't wait and will be counting the days down!
My missus said to me "but that is Valentines day and we usually go on a date"! I said "yes baby we are, only this time there will be a few extra people" :)

Good post.

Thought I'd add that Axl sounded amazing in the Las Vegas shows, but he didn't have to huff and puff around the stage, as he sat royally on Dave Grohl's throne nursing his broken foot.

Either way, I will not be missing this show!

did anyone see 'the police' at the mcg?

If any band can pull it off its gunners and i agree people will jump on the bandwagon big time now that Slash is back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back