OFFICIAL - Guns N' Roses reunion - Playing Coachella 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

They actually came on a bit early in Adelaide catching many people out who were still in the bar ( me included). Good show. Music was tight. Sound was excellent, although it could have been louder.
A punctual band, who would've thunk?

Agree with all your points. Great show, loved it!

Went Saturday night and loved every min of it.
Was in a box so u lost some of the atmosphere. You're too far back at Adelaide Ovsl so prob won't do it again for a concert I really want to see. Wolfmother were terrible.
Can't believe I was at a Gunners concert and they came on early lol
565351e987df5e688f36f3336cec2454.jpg

What did the crowd end up being like?
was packed once it got dark. They came on early, people were lining up for 30 mins to get drinks and people were still outside lining up.
I was worried that there was gonna be bugger all but yeah about 6 or so songs in it was packed

Attended the '88 & '93 tours back in the day. Happen to be there at the 'G.. in another capacity.. didn't get to see much only that my ears were still ringing the day after.. yes.. getting old. The crowd at the Boss gigs were a lot better. Show shined. Too much riff raff at the 'G. :drunk::drunk:Absolute morons some of them. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took the mrs
She loves em
I'm so so on em

Good show
Apart from not one bit of crowd interaction which is really bad imo
I mean cmon how hard is it to talk to everyone that paid quite a bit of coin to see you

Had prime spot, stood behind our seats on a walkway, 20 secs to an empty bar and thirty to an empty toilet, mrs was shocked she never had to wait at all

Metallica would be awesome at adelaide oval.....fingers crossed

Apart from not one bit of crowd interaction which is really bad imo
I mean cmon how hard is it to talk to everyone that paid quite a bit of coin to see you
I'm there to see them play music, not talk to me.

I was an arsehat when it came to Chinese democracy, didn't give it the time of day before I bought tickets last year. Bloody love the album, one of my favourite songs is Better and they played it. Was awesome!

Agree here, I gave CD a fair go and while really different it is lyrically a brilliant album probably the best written of all the releases, a little over produced but songs like Better, Street of Dreams, IRS and This I love would have been massive hits had the original line up been together for its release.
Triple M s**t me no end, what... all of a sudden you guys are fans again? promoting the hell out of the band when previous tours barely got a mention, yes it was a different line up, but it was still Axl ******* Rose!

Slashes inclusion back into the fold was THE difference, the guitars are now so much more simple and in cohesion, the previous guitar line up was proficient enough but they tended to play over each other and made the songs sound A- messy and B- a little bit regimented and forced.

Frank Ferrer showed there is no need for Matt Sorum's services, he is a seriously great drummer, has nice touch on the softer numbers and has raw aggression on the harder numbers without being over bearing which was Matt Sorum's strength.

Richard Fortus compliments Slash perfectly, he is as technically good as anyone going around.

As for Axl what can you say? Still got it is an understatement, he was sensational, nobody puts on a show like him and people can knock him all they want but that man is still in the top echelon of great front men going around.
Vocally 2007 was probably better at Rod Laver albeit very very marginal, 2013 at Music Bowl he was very scratchy and I was worried as hell that he may be losing it but my fears were put to rest after this gig.

IMO there was no need for Angus Young, I personally don't like AC/DC and he cost me 2 more songs I could have heard, and that christ there was no Rose Tattoo as they were god awful last time around, that horse should put to pasture I reckon.

Highlights were Night Train, Rocket Queen, Civil War and Estranged.

EDIT- This was for the MCG show.

It's 25 years since the epic show at Calder Park. What a day that was. An experience for a then 16 year old. So hot then the massive storm hit and there was doubts about them going on stage. Overpriced food and drinks $5 for water. Massive issues getting out of there. The trains had stopped running by the time I got back to the city. Luckily my dad came to the city and picked me up. I'd do it all again tomorrow.

It's 25 years since the epic show at Calder Park. What a day that was. An experience for a then 16 year old. So hot then the massive storm hit and there was doubts about them going on stage. Overpriced food and drinks $5 for water. Massive issues getting out of there. The trains had stopped running by the time I got back to the city. Luckily my dad came to the city and picked me up. I'd do it all again tomorrow.

I was 19. Best day ever.

I was 19. Best day ever.

So envious! I was a young fella, wasn't allowed to go. Mum had a sixth sense for trouble.

Made up for it over the last couple of years. Will be seeing them again in Germany this year.

Still envious!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back