Remove this Banner Ad

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
As an aside, they have been playing the Velvet Revolver song Slither in their set every night during their current Europe tour run.

That was uncomfortable. Axls voice and styling just doesn't sit with me knowing the original. No different hearing to miles trying to sing Rod Jackson's snakepit parts....it just was missing something.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Jesus, is that yours? That's devotion. I like my super deluxe boxes, but that was a bridge too far.

Speaking of which... bought the super deluxe yesterday and have only now had a chance to open it. I hadn't read the blurb very thoroughly and had assumed, for $285, that like cheaper box sets it would include vinyl. So for a while I'm trying to (gently) peel apart the cardboard panel that holds the CDs. I was convinced the vinyl had to be in there.

Not even a dedicated fan really, just a fan of the album which (briefly) breathed life back into rock n' roll. The fluff in the accessories bundle adds no value IMO, and omitting One In A Million in a nod to political correctness says it all about this over-priced package. Guns n' Ripoffs.

Announced this morning that they're doing another stadium tour November next year. Tickets on sale next week, 26th November.

1605738588166.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Good news.

Now need madein to re announce thier tour that got cancelled.

Bring back the rock...

Pretty sure Maiden have rescheduled most shows save for the Aust/NZ leg. Metallica did the same from memory. Guess there's more money for them elsewhere.

Bitchin'!

Is this off the back of a new album, or is it a hits tour like last time?
Still nothing on a new album other than "they are working on one" and who knows if that's true. I kind of hope not though, just a hits tour please. We don't want another Chinese Democracy* on our hands, the album or the wait time.

*It wasn't a total s**t album, but not much good either.

Pretty sure Maiden have rescheduled most shows save for the Aust/NZ leg. Metallica did the same from memory. Guess there's more money for them elsewhere.

I have never had a cancelled gig before.
Do ticket places send me out new tickets ..?

Wasn't happy the show was canned.
F××k you Rona.

the original lineup or Axl and friends?
LoL more like hired henchmen.
Axl and misfits.

This tour might be the real deal.
Like last tour.

Dont know why all of a sudden they freinds again.

Hope it's the original lineup they toured with last time (minus Izzy). I have no reason to believe it won't be.

Being in the pit at the MCG last time was a night to remember. I'll probably be there again.

Hope it's the original lineup they toured with last time (minus Izzy). I have no reason to believe it won't be.

Being in the pit at the MCG last time was a night to remember. I'll probably be there again.

How did they sound.
They not known for their live music.
Like other live acts.

How did they sound.
They not known for their live music.
Like other live acts.

I have no complaints. Maybe it was different further back in GA and the stands.

I saw Foo Fighters at Marvel Stadium with the roof open. Sat in the nosebleeds. Didn't get into it as much, but I don't know it was because the sound wasn't that great or if I was so far away.
Pearl Jam's sound at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome (also outdoor) was incredible, though I was up closer there again.

Back