Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Can anyone tell me how old David Putamorsi (excuse spelling) was when he played for Rochester?

From memory it was back in the Rochester glory days when Miller, Dupuy & O'Neill were carving up the league. Where did he originally come from?

First played with Rochy in 1990. He came from Prahran. He played interleague (or was in the squad), kicked 42 goals, played in a losing grand final (had 20 possies, 6 marks and a goal) and finished 5th in the Rochy B&F.

He went to Benalla in 1991.

In 1992, he was cleared from Benalla to the Frankston Rovers. Then before the season he came back to Rochy. He was 22 then. He kicked 16 goals, played in a flag (22 possies, 3 marks).

He played again in 1993, reaching his 50 game milestone for the club (against Echuca). He was part of the interleague squad, kicked 23 goals and played in a losing flag (had 19 possies, 6 marks).

In 1994 he went to Bonbeach.

On top of all that, he was a very nice fella.

Hi Rowey

In '98 i think the lions finished just outside the finals under Glenn Cole. In '96 they only won one game - can you remember who they beat? :)

Even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days H :D

It was round 15 and Seymour kicked 7 goals to 2 in the 3rd quarter to take control of the game. Seymour won by 18 points. Afterwards, Dirty gave a classic spray. The Shepp News quoted him saying ‘it a weak effort, if it doesn’t really hurt those players in the guts after that effort then there is something wrong.' :D

BTW, in Round 4, Rochy won by 132 points.

gday guys was just after some info on ex seymour player/coach i think ??
johhny mcnamara
our club is currently in talks with him at the moment so any any info about his coaching skills also playing skills would be great can never have enough info !!!
cheers:thumbsu:

johhny mcnamara
our club is currently in talks with him at the moment so any any info about his coaching skills also playing skills would be great can never have enough info !!!

Controversial figure-someone from Seymour could fill you in as he coached there in the early 90's

johhny mcnamara

Avoid at all costs!

We could spend all day talking about him.

as i said guys any info would be appreciated be it good or bad private message me if you dont want to post it on here

He came to Rochy in 2000 and dominated the first game, kicking 5 goals. Apparently he had a bit of an attitude problem and did a few little things, like getting reported and suspended for striking. He turned up to one game hungover and got into an argument with the coach. In the final - I think it was the prelim - he kicked 2.5 (the team lost by 10 points).

The next year he went to coach Seymour and I think he got rubbed out a long time. Something to do with an umpire?

He came to Rochy in 2000 and dominated the first game, kicking 5 goals. Apparently he had a bit of an attitude problem and did a few little things, like getting reported and suspended for striking. He turned up to one game hungover and got into an argument with the coach. In the final - I think it was the prelim - he kicked 2.5 (the team lost by 10 points).
The next year he went to coach Seymour and I think he got rubbed out a long time. Something to do with an umpire?

Come on rowey there's more to that story.

Didn't he nick himself shaving his plumbs just before the game? hence the inaccurate kicking.....

Controversial figure-someone from Seymour could fill you in as he coached there in the early 90's

Johny Mac coached Seymour in 2001. I was his runner there for a while...what an experience. The man can play...although what he has in ability, he lets himself down in being a pretty shit bloke.

The two assistant coaches and chairman wanted out half way through the year after he belted one of his own players...he then belted an 18 yo from United and when the ump reported him, he shoved him and got about 10-12 weeks suspension all up.

Call Mark Bender or Matt O'Sullivan about the great J Mac...both those guys will give you honest appraisals.

Johny Mac coached Seymour in 2001. I was his runner there for a while...what an experience. The man can play...although what he has in ability, he lets himself down in being a pretty shit bloke.

The two assistant coaches and chairman wanted out half way through the year after he belted one of his own players...he then belted an 18 yo from United and when the ump reported him, he shoved him and got about 10-12 weeks suspension all up.

Call Mark Bender or Matt O'Sullivan about the great J Mac...both those guys will give you honest appraisals.

It's no coincidence that he probably averages one club every year he's played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

starting to sound not to good at all , disregarding him being as people say a "shit bloke" the guy would be more than handy holding down a key position yes ? how did the players who played under him feel about him ? can anyone help me out there ? sorry for all the questions guys but the club im with is very keen to change its direction and appoint the right man for the job

starting to sound not to good at all , disregarding him being as people say a "shit bloke" the guy would be more than handy holding down a key position yes ? how did the players who played under him feel about him ? can anyone help me out there ? sorry for all the questions guys but the club im with is very keen to change its direction and appoint the right man for the job

Has played at berwick last to years and probably averages about 4 possesions a game, unless you play in an ordinary comp he will not get a kick.

Even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days H :D

It was round 15 and Seymour kicked 7 goals to 2 in the 3rd quarter to take control of the game. Seymour won by 18 points. Afterwards, Dirty gave a classic spray. The Shepp News quoted him saying ‘it a weak effort, if it doesn’t really hurt those players in the guts after that effort then there is something wrong.' :D

BTW, in Round 4, Rochy won by 132 points.

Hey Rowey is there a website where you get these stats from, or is it your own collection of old Weekenders and newspapers. I've had a fair old go searching the 'net for little result.

Cheers

Don't be fooled into believing everything you read on Big Footy brad....I'd be surprised if we picked up anyone from Collingwood, however it would be no different to Euroa picking up Clayton & Hilton, Mooroopna taking Hall, Norman & Campbell, Mansfield taking Hotton, Mensch, Tranquilli, Hulme..Benalla taking Porter, Stevens...etc,...etc. Get my drift - clubs have been doing it for a while now. Keep up with the times!

Agree with most of what you have to say there Fox Hat, but using Hilton in there is a little out of context as he is originally a Euroa boy.

We seem to be going around in circles here... let's move on.

Hey Rowey is there a website where you get these stats from, or is it your own collection of old Weekenders and newspapers. I've had a fair old go searching the 'net for little result.

Cheers

Yeah, I keep information from old newspapers, etc.

You can search the Shepp News website, but their online archive dates back to 1997. If your interested, there is the State Library of Victoria. They have all the old newspapers.

Yeah, I keep information from old newspapers, etc.

You can search the Shepp News website, but their online archive dates back to 1997. If your interested, there is the State Library of Victoria. They have all the old newspapers.

Thanks, the State Library it is then. Bit of a shame the League can't get some history on their website, even some end of year ladder placings and finals results.

Cheers

Thanks, the State Library it is then. Bit of a shame the League can't get some history on their website, even some end of year ladder placings and finals results.

Cheers

Yeah, I emailed then a while ago about updating it, but no cigar.

The Shepp Library has some old papers on microfilm. It's mainly Shepp News' from the late 1800's to about 1920ish.

You could probably contact the league about inspecting their records, although I've never done that personally.

State Library is brilliant though.

Yawn. More justification. More spin.

There are so many inaccuracies in your post it's not worth correcting them.

By the way, Rochy won the 1999 flag with only 2 recruits and the 1992 flag with 3 recruits.
Aha, Rowey! The most outspoken and biased bigfooty member!!! You must be pretty thick skinned to voice your sometimes absurd opinions on this thread - Don't suppose you have been hanging around little Johnny Howard a bit too much have ya?!!

What have you got against Seymour anyway? Its not like they're the only ones recruiting outside the square, the only difference is they're doing it better than most at the moment. Don't forget other teams such as Mooroopna, Swans, Euroa, Tatura (late 90's, early 2000's), are doing this and will continue to do so. Mansfield also did it when they got that premiership.

Just get over it - stop being a baby!!!

Aha, Rowey! The most outspoken and biased bigfooty member!!! You must be pretty thick skinned to voice your sometimes absurd opinions on this thread - Don't suppose you have been hanging around little Johnny Howard a bit too much have ya?!!

What have you got against Seymour anyway? Its not like they're the only ones recruiting outside the square, the only difference is they're doing it better than most at the moment. Don't forget other teams such as Mooroopna, Swans, Euroa, Tatura (late 90's, early 2000's), are doing this and will continue to do so. Mansfield also did it when they got that premiership.

Just get over it - stop being a baby!!!

It's no wonder I keep going on about when you and your lackeys keep producing rubbish posts that never address the issues/questions I raise or completely miss the point.

I've learnt my lesson now though. It's a waste of time talking about it to intellectual geniuses like yourself.

I take my hat off to Seymour, their philosophy about recruiting blokes who can play football, rather than electrical apprentices' has paid in spades.

Might I add:

Was watching the Granny dvd just the other day and I was seeing Chewy Scanlon as clear as day.
Is this possibly the worst coaching fo-par in the history the GV?

How could they let him run around un-checked?
The swans coaching staff must have had a "crossed wire" because "electrical alarm bells" should have been ringing after his 13 possessions in the first quarter.:eek:

I take my hat off to Seymour, their philosophy about recruiting blokes who can play football, rather than electrical apprentices' has paid in spades.

Might I add:

Was watching the Granny dvd just the other day and I was seeing Chewy Scanlon as clear as day.
Is this possibly the worst coaching fo-par in the history the GV?

How could they let him run around un-checked?
The swans coaching staff must have had a "crossed wire" because "electrical alarm bells" should have been ringing after his 13 possessions in the first quarter.:eek:
i think it's faux pas

Status
Not open for further replies.