Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Mark Brown to Rochester I believe, good pick for Lenny and the boys.

Same Mark Brown from this post from nearly two yeares ago?

GV Man, I'm led top believe Mark Brown (Coached Numurkah last year) is high on their wish list. He recently just moved to Echuca with his girlfriend who is a teacher there. She is an ex-Rochy girl and has said that she would like to go back Rochester and play netball. I know Echuca is also trying quite hard to get his services. Interesting to see who gets there man because both sides play each other round 1.

Not a regular on the GV site but heard some from the north-east that former Lions player Chris Martin is making his way back the the Den to be on the support staff game day for Bernie, along with good mate Ben Davey. Good credentials as he is gun dual premiership coach at his local OM club

Mark Brown to Rochester I believe, good pick for Lenny and the boys.

About time. Never watched him play, but heard from several people that he's a gun. He's apparently very good mates with Lenny and the Bendigo lads.

Steve Rasmussen looks set to return as well.

Same Mark Brown from this post from nearly two yeares ago?

Yep same one, see his partner played netball at Numurkah this year so maybe he has to follow her back to her home town next year.
Played Bendigo Diggers with Lenny and are good mates.

Does anybody have a copy of last years Grand final i would love to get a copy i am prepared to pay for costs if anyone can help out

Does anybody have a copy of last years Grand final i would love to get a copy i am prepared to pay for costs if anyone can help out

Call WIN TELEVISION in Shepp and ask for Haig Lindsay.
He's the senior cameraman there and has a business on the side in which he shoots all the grand finals from around the region.
DVD's are of excellent quality.
Cost is about $40!

It's no wonder I keep going on about when you and your lackeys keep producing rubbish posts that never address the issues/questions I raise or completely miss the point.

I've learnt my lesson now though. It's a waste of time talking about it to intellectual geniuses like yourself.
I actually do understand the points/issues you are trying to address - That the current system is unfair, that you are in favour of a points system or any initiative to curb recruiting on a large scale. That is a valid point, but ask yourself this - if Rochy was lucky enough to acquire the services of 5 or so ex Bendigo players on top of what they already have and at bargain prices just so they could play with their mates, would you be out here arguing at how unfair the system is? I think not.
Don't forget Seymour also lost a handful of excellent players from last years side in Douglas, Gordon, Pilling, Bailey, Amad, Jeff Aderson (injured), replaced them with locals while most other teams topped up and yet they still won? How about showing Seymour a bit of respect here genius?

I actually do understand the points/issues you are trying to address - That the current system is unfair, that you are in favour of a points system or any initiative to curb recruiting on a large scale. That is a valid point, but ask yourself this - if Rochy was lucky enough to acquire the services of 5 or so ex Bendigo players on top of what they already have and at bargain prices just so they could play with their mates, would you be out here arguing at how unfair the system is? I think not.
Don't forget Seymour also lost a handful of excellent players from last years side in Douglas, Gordon, Pilling, Bailey, Amad, Jeff Aderson (injured), replaced them with locals while most other teams topped up and yet they still won? How about showing Seymour a bit of respect here genius?

If they can raise the cash, let them do it? Clubs need to be accountable for what they spend and if they screw their club in the process does it really matter? Some great players have come to the GV lately and will continue to do so. Salary cap is too hard to police and I am not convinced on the merits of a points system.

Believe me, the Bendigo boys aren't that cheap, nor will Browny be. The reality is that if Rochy (or any other small town) get sucked into paying heaps of money each year, then a) they will not be able to compete in the GV and go to another league or b) simply shut up shop.

Why would you care what I think about $eymour? Surely you don't get all riled up about a couple of words on a computer screen. Don't be so precious.

Perhaps I'll keep my opinions - which is primarily how bigfooty functions - to myself. I wouldn't want to offend the sooky $eymour faction.

Does anyone know when the draw is coming out?????:confused:
There is a preliminary draw out now that was circulated to the clubs for each of the committee to have a look at and make comments. The finalised draw is due out in the middle of this month. I will try and geta copy of the draw posted shortly for you to look at.

Im sure it will change due to the fact the GV area will be holding the Australian Country Championships.

There is a preliminary draw out now that was circulated to the clubs for each of the committee to have a look at and make comments. The finalised draw is due out in the middle of this month. I will try and geta copy of the draw posted shortly for you to look at.

Im sure it will change due to the fact the GV area will be holding the Australian Country Championships.

Thanks Urple-appreciated:thumbsu:

Here's a copy of the draft draw

http://www.sheppswans.vcfl.com.au/newsitem.asp?id=35594&orgID=1140&Oname=Shepparton+Swans&O1c=6&O10c=6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe me, the Bendigo boys aren't that cheap, nor will Browny be. The reality is that if Rochy (or any other small town) get sucked into paying heaps of money each year, then a) they will not be able to compete in the GV and go to another league or b) simply shut up shop.

Why would you care what I think about $eymour? Surely you don't get all riled up about a couple of words on a computer screen. Don't be so precious.

Perhaps I'll keep my opinions - which is primarily how bigfooty functions - to myself. I wouldn't want to offend the sooky $eymour faction.
Re your 1st post - true, but thats where Seymour has been lucky enough to hold onto a bunch of loyal blokes who enjoy being part of the club.

Re your 2nd post - hmph!!! You are very narrow minded. I was just pointing out a fact at how good Seymour was this year even after they lost all these players. I wouldn't give a rats what you think of Seymour, but you have been harping on a bit about them and their recruits. Don't you have anything nice to say about any other teams other than Rochester huh?

Oh and stop being a baby and keep posting your opinions! If you can't take the feedback/replies to your posts/opinions, then it is you who is precious!

just a quick glance at the draw and it looks like the swans only play seymour and echuca once for the year..top 2 finish surely for them in 2008....any other thoughts on the draw? i see a night game for shepp v united? at deakin?

just a quick glance at the draw and it looks like the swans only play seymour and echuca once for the year..top 2 finish surely for them in 2008....any other thoughts on the draw? i see a night game for shepp v united? at deakin?

Cant understand why they have a split round in the opening rounds. Arent the GV aware that round 1 wont be falling on Easter weekend next year.

Seymour v Euroa @ Kings Park on Anzac Day is a feature.

They are also scheduled to play each other on a Sunday @ Memorial Oval later in the year. That same day Benalla v Mansfield @ Benalla. Surely the GV will change one of these games. No good having 2 showcase games on a Sunday which are in close proximity of each other.

Im sure it will change slightly.

I notice that Seymour plays at Echuca yet again, Mansfield, AND Rochester in 2008!!

C'mon Mr Bott, look after us! minimum trips of an hour and a half for those matches! Fair go pal..

I notice that Seymour plays at Echuca yet again, Mansfield, AND Rochester in 2008!!

C'mon Mr Bott, look after us! minimum trips of an hour and a half for those matches! Fair go pal..

Fair go Waddo, this is like all the Victorian based AFL clubs whinging about how they have to travel five or six times a year.
Take a look at mansfield.
Bar Euroa and benalla games, we travel an hour and a half every second week, or two and a half hours for the likes of Echuca and Rochy.
You'll never here us complaining, its the price you pay for being in a quality league ..... and the booze cruises are great!!

Fair go Waddo, this is like all the Victorian based AFL clubs whinging about how they have to travel five or six times a year.
Take a look at mansfield.
Bar Euroa and benalla games, we travel an hour and a half every second week, or two and a half hours for the likes of Echuca and Rochy.
You'll never here us complaining, its the price you pay for being in a quality league ..... and the booze cruises are great!!

Why don't the GV get serious and play a 22 round season? No worries with the draw then! Mirror the AFL.

very big news coming out of benalla over the weekend mick stevens will be a saint in 2008

Why don't the GV get serious and play a 22 round season? No worries with the draw then! Mirror the AFL.

I think the problem with that is the level of commitment required from country players. By the time Pre-season,games and finals are completed your are realistically looking at a 32-34 week campaign. It does'nt leave much time for anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.